Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,733 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Buying PS3 games

Last posted Feb 21, 2012 at 09:03AM EST. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:06PM EST
21 posts from 12 users

I have a question about purchasing games for Playstation 3. I've heard that Playstation is one of the many companies that is lobbying for bills like SOPA and ACTA, but I'm not sure if this is true. Can someone clarify for me?

Nikolaki8 wrote:

Who the hell keeps bumping these posts?

Sorry, I was trying to bring attention back to this thread because the forum games were causing it to plummet back down.

I don't even know if PIPA is still trying to get passed, but Sony was supporting it. Chances are Sony is supporting those two bills as well.

Jeffrey Dahmer wrote:

What big company doesn't support them? They would all only profit from them.

EXACTLY.
All the big corporations care about is money, money, money.

Piano wrote:

Sorry, I was trying to bring attention back to this thread because the forum games were causing it to plummet back down.

It's probably better if you just leave the post because we have an asshole bumper that has been doing that to tonnes of threads in the, "General" forums.

Piano wrote:

So, would it hurt the movement against these bills to purchase anything from Sony?

Sony does most likely support these bills, so it's up to you to decide whether to spend money on their products or not.

Piano wrote:

How do you know?

I read somewhere Anonymous threatened to take down PSN again unless Sony dropped SOPA support.
Sony dropped SOPA support.

Cite wrote:

I read somewhere Anonymous threatened to take down PSN again unless Sony dropped SOPA support.
Sony dropped SOPA support.

Are you sure they aren't just lying about dropping support?

Piano wrote:

Are you sure they aren't just lying about dropping support?

…I'm not actually sure.
Whatever. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Hasn't SOPA and PIPA effectively been killed anyways?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!