Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

309,428 total conversations in 9,288 threads

+ New Thread


Dolan: Why is he on the internet?

Last posted Jul 22, 2012 at 12:04PM EDT. Added Jun 14, 2012 at 08:58PM EDT
55 posts from 26 users

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

For some time now, a creepy picture has floated around the internet. Now this picture is not “Jeff The Killer” or “Horrifying Houseguest” creepy, in fact, I dont think anyone knows why he is so creepy. Of course, he is supposed to be a psychotic killer and/or sex addict (According to Know Your Meme) but something else about him is just…creepy. I am tired of seeing his face.

Jun 14, 2012 at 08:58PM EDT

is it because he’s a duck

what do u have against ducks cooldude

do you support geese

because geese are the enemy

Jun 14, 2012 at 09:00PM EDT
Quote

Piano wrote:

is it because he’s a duck

what do u have against ducks cooldude

do you support geese

because geese are the enemy

Not because he’s a duck, its that hes a poorly drawn, psychotic duck. Donald duck has always been my favorite character out of the main disney characters.

Jun 14, 2012 at 09:02PM EDT

Zaratth wrote:

Not because he’s a duck, its that hes a poorly drawn, psychotic duck. Donald duck has always been my favorite character out of the main disney characters.

“Not because he’s a duck, its that hes a poorly drawn, psychotic duck”

That’s why.

Also because Finglish.

Jun 14, 2012 at 09:44PM EDT
Quote

Zaratth wrote:

Not because he’s a duck, its that hes a poorly drawn, psychotic duck. Donald duck has always been my favorite character out of the main disney characters.

Dolan is a parody of the real Donald. He’s not the real deal, doesn’t even shares the same name. But this simple style of drawing just appeals to people. Same as people like Rage Comics. They aren’t the same, but their similarities and the popularity of Rage Comics shows something as simple as Dolan has the potentional to be popular. Add easy catchphrases and simple characters to the mix, and you have yourself a popular meme.

Reason for you disliking him can be multiple reasons:

  1. You like Donald (not romantically, or do you perhaps?), so seeing him get this treatment isn’t something you like.
  2. Dolan isn’t you type of humor. It’s very common actually. You can’t like everything or every meme, there are bound to be some you dislike. Dolan is just one of them.
  3. He’s overused. After his resurrection a while ago, Dolan is really being used a lot. This can lead to overusage and might make him boring. Remember Arrow to the Knee and how quickly dead died out.
Last edited Jun 14, 2012 at 09:55PM EDT
Jun 14, 2012 at 09:53PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

Dolan is a parody of the real Donald. He’s not the real deal, doesn’t even shares the same name. But this simple style of drawing just appeals to people. Same as people like Rage Comics. They aren’t the same, but their similarities and the popularity of Rage Comics shows something as simple as Dolan has the potentional to be popular. Add easy catchphrases and simple characters to the mix, and you have yourself a popular meme.

Reason for you disliking him can be multiple reasons:

  1. You like Donald (not romantically, or do you perhaps?), so seeing him get this treatment isn’t something you like.
  2. Dolan isn’t you type of humor. It’s very common actually. You can’t like everything or every meme, there are bound to be some you dislike. Dolan is just one of them.
  3. He’s overused. After his resurrection a while ago, Dolan is really being used a lot. This can lead to overusage and might make him boring. Remember Arrow to the Knee and how quickly dead died out.

OHHHHH ARROW TO THE KNEE
Don’t remind me of that.

Jun 14, 2012 at 09:55PM EDT
Quote

Captain Douglas J Falcon wrote:

OHHHHH ARROW TO THE KNEE
Don’t remind me of that.

You didn’t got reminded of that,

UNTIL YOU TOOK AN ARROW TO THE KNEE

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

So le funny, we should post this on Reddit.

Last edited Jun 14, 2012 at 09:57PM EDT
Jun 14, 2012 at 09:57PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

You didn’t got reminded of that,

UNTIL YOU TOOK AN ARROW TO THE KNEE

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

So le funny, we should post this on Reddit.

Jun 14, 2012 at 09:58PM EDT
Quote

Zaratth wrote:

Not because he’s a duck, its that hes a poorly drawn, psychotic duck. Donald duck has always been my favorite character out of the main disney characters.

HE’S A GOOSE SYMPATHISER

GET HIM

Jun 14, 2012 at 10:00PM EDT
Quote

You pretty much answered your own question Cooldude:

Cartoon character + Terribad drawing + Poor grammar + Bloodlust + Vileness = INTERNET SENSATION!

I am not being sarcastic, that is literally what the internet thrives on. Get used to it.

Jun 14, 2012 at 10:58PM EDT
Quote

GOOSE SYMPATHIZERS!?

Men, to the dropships! Enemy Goose sympathizers detected! They’re allied with the sharks!

This will be the greatest test of your power, men. NOW GO PUNCH THE GOOSE ENCAMPMENT AND THEIR SHARK COMPANIONS!

Last edited Jun 15, 2012 at 01:47PM EDT
Jun 15, 2012 at 01:46PM EDT
Quote

Zaratth wrote:

For some time now, a creepy picture has floated around the internet. Now this picture is not “Jeff The Killer” or “Horrifying Houseguest” creepy, in fact, I dont think anyone knows why he is so creepy. Of course, he is supposed to be a psychotic killer and/or sex addict (According to Know Your Meme) but something else about him is just…creepy. I am tired of seeing his face.

He isn’t creepy at all to me. All I see is a product of a /b/tard retard.

But hey, maybe I’m wrong.

Jun 15, 2012 at 01:54PM EDT
Quote

It’s actually laughable sometimes and haters are more laughable, because they give more attention to dolan than it deserves.

Jun 15, 2012 at 03:28PM EDT
Quote

Why is Dolan on the internet?
The REAL question is WHY is NOT on the internet

Jun 15, 2012 at 04:22PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Dolan is a parody of the real Donald. He’s not the real deal, doesn’t even shares the same name. But this simple style of drawing just appeals to people. Same as people like Rage Comics. They aren’t the same, but their similarities and the popularity of Rage Comics shows something as simple as Dolan has the potentional to be popular. Add easy catchphrases and simple characters to the mix, and you have yourself a popular meme.

Reason for you disliking him can be multiple reasons:

  1. You like Donald (not romantically, or do you perhaps?), so seeing him get this treatment isn’t something you like.
  2. Dolan isn’t you type of humor. It’s very common actually. You can’t like everything or every meme, there are bound to be some you dislike. Dolan is just one of them.
  3. He’s overused. After his resurrection a while ago, Dolan is really being used a lot. This can lead to overusage and might make him boring. Remember Arrow to the Knee and how quickly dead died out.

I see your point. I am actually finding myself making references to him a lot though, and even laughing at some of the jokes.

And no, I dont love donald in a romantic way :P

Jul 01, 2012 at 08:38PM EDT

量子 Meme wrote:

He isn’t creepy at all to me. All I see is a product of a /b/tard retard.

But hey, maybe I’m wrong.

All I see is a poorly drawn, yet partially hilarious duck.

Jul 01, 2012 at 08:40PM EDT

(GOOBY PLS)

Jul 01, 2012 at 08:51PM EDT

Spores McMineley wrote:

Call me anything you want. Rage at me. But…

Dolan is one of my favorite memes.
Umad?

Jul 02, 2012 at 02:00PM EDT
Quote

Spores McMineley wrote:

Call me anything you want. Rage at me. But…

Dolan is one of my favorite memes.
Umad?

humid bro?

Jul 02, 2012 at 02:21PM EDT
Quote

Im okay with the meme now, after doing plenty o’ browsing through the comics, I have started to enjoy the meme. Hopefully its not gonna get…

Jul 05, 2012 at 07:11PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Dolan is a parody of the real Donald. He’s not the real deal, doesn’t even shares the same name. But this simple style of drawing just appeals to people. Same as people like Rage Comics. They aren’t the same, but their similarities and the popularity of Rage Comics shows something as simple as Dolan has the potentional to be popular. Add easy catchphrases and simple characters to the mix, and you have yourself a popular meme.

Reason for you disliking him can be multiple reasons:

  1. You like Donald (not romantically, or do you perhaps?), so seeing him get this treatment isn’t something you like.
  2. Dolan isn’t you type of humor. It’s very common actually. You can’t like everything or every meme, there are bound to be some you dislike. Dolan is just one of them.
  3. He’s overused. After his resurrection a while ago, Dolan is really being used a lot. This can lead to overusage and might make him boring. Remember Arrow to the Knee and how quickly dead died out.

>Arrow to the knee
Ugh. Would you believe certain sites (thinking of Kongregate here) are actually using that to promote the new DLC? I wish I was kididng.

Jul 05, 2012 at 07:24PM EDT
Quote
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Replys pls. Dis a ded thred

Jul 06, 2012 at 05:04PM EDT

/thread
Stop flooding to bump your own threads. It’s really annoying and unnecessary.

Jul 06, 2012 at 05:06PM EDT
Quote

I’LL KEEP BUMPING THIS THREAD UNTIL SOMEONE LOCKS IT

Jul 06, 2012 at 09:02PM EDT
Quote

WE WON’T STAND FOR THE MOD’S TYRANNY

RISE AGAINST THEIR OPPRESSION BROTHERS

WE CAN MAKE A NEW NATION

WE CAN MAKE A NEW WORLD

Jul 06, 2012 at 09:26PM EDT
Quote

THE MODS WILL NEVER AGAIN HAVE AUTHORITY OVER US
TRUE, RISE AGAINST NOT ONLY OPPRESSION
RISE AGAINST CRUEL DICTATION
RISE AGAINST HATRED
(Paid for by the offices and supporters of RussianFedora/Alejandro 2012 “Rise Against Oppression” Campaign)

Jul 06, 2012 at 09:44PM EDT
Quote

NEVER AGAIN, SHALL THE MODERATORS LOCK A THREAD UNJUSTLY, WITHOUT TRIAL

NEVER AGAIN, SHALL THEY SHADOW-BAN AN INNOCENT USER

WE WILL SAY NO TO THEIR PREJUDICE AGAINST SPAM THREADS

WE WILL RISE, BROTHERS AND SISTERS

WE WILL RISE AGAINST THE ESTABLISHMENT

AGAINST THE BRUTAL DOCTRINE OF NON-DEMOCRATIC MODERATION

AGAINST THE POWER ABUSE SO WHIMSICALLY EXERTED BY THOSE IN POWER

LIKE A PHOENIX, THEY HAVE BURNED DOWN OUR MOVEMENT, TURNED IT TO ASHES

BUT WE WILL RISE FROM THESE ASHES, AND ONCE AGAIN ASSERT OUR STRENGTH

OUR PRIDE

OUR UNITY

OUR PASSION FOR FREEDOM

SO WALK WITH ME BROTHERS AND SISTERS

AND WE WILL RISE AGAIN!

Jul 06, 2012 at 10:03PM EDT
Quote

Jul 06, 2012 at 11:15PM EDT

’Cause

Jul 06, 2012 at 11:26PM EDT

Jul 06, 2012 at 11:42PM EDT

Why?

The question is, “Why not?”

Jul 07, 2012 at 11:08PM EDT

Nikolaki8 wrote:

Why?

The question is, “Why not?”

Dolan helps make the internet…well…the internet

Jul 07, 2012 at 11:14PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!