Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,714 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

What If You Made A Let's Play

Last posted Jun 19, 2012 at 08:13AM EDT. Added Jun 17, 2012 at 10:09PM EDT
31 posts from 28 users

Earlier today, I uploaded a let's play vid of Lizzipon playing Jump Ultimate Stars as a little experiment of sorts. (I really need to get a new mic)

All of a sudden, an idea came to me. If any of you guys were going to create let's plays, what games would you choose and what type of format/style would it be like?

Style? Most likely a simple "After Action Report" that simply gives mission details and tells of how I did certain things within the game, but in a concise format that may seem a little truncated to the average reader.

The game I'd do one of? Most likely one of my myriad military shooters, though I could easily do one in that style for Fallout 3 or any of the Mass Effect games. Could even do one for any of the aerial combat games I've got.

It would be typed out into a forum thread, not posted as videos. Reason being that I don't have a capture card.

Matter of fact, I think that if I hook up that Turtle Beach Earforce XP500 headset to my PS3, I'd be willing to do a coop campaign as part of someone else' LP, if they were willing to do Lost Planet 2 or Borderlands.

I'd have games ranging from well known to esoteric, simply because I'm bored. I'd play the game while making several sarcastic remarks about everything (mostly about how I'm doing and the characters).

Last edited Jun 17, 2012 at 10:36PM EDT

Most likely RPGs like the Earthbound/MOTHER series. If not, I may find other games, such as the Super Mario Galaxy series or even Minecraft.

Pretty much any single player game that's not Sim or Strategy I have on my PC, Maybe I'll use an Emulator, If I Need to choose, Portal 2, Cry of Fear, HL: Opposing Force, Majora's Mask, Or Pokemon Diamond. Oh and Happy Wheels. As for style, I'll just say what I usually think when playing a game.

Last edited Jun 18, 2012 at 12:10AM EDT

A lets play of me doing stupid crap in a sandbox game. Who cares about me playing the story mode when there's an old lady that I can push over and a car that needs to be flipped over?

I'd do it in the style of Two Best Friends Play with my older brother, since we have too much fun playing games together, even if they're single-player.

The two of us would play fucking anything, I guess. Brawlers, shooters, puzzle games, things that suck, things that are blue, things that rhyme, and maybe even Dr. Suess.

A game I haven't played. It can not be a JRPG which I could get lost in for hours not knowing where the hell I'm supposed to go without a walkthrough. So no Tales games for me thanks. Maybe a Shin Megami Tensei or single player on a FPS.

Probably Minecraft or Terraria, not only are they my favorite games but I have a quite unique playstyle of run as fast as I can and kill everything. I'm actually planning to start an LP once I get some cash for a good microphone.

I would do a Let's Play of a 4 multiplayer co-op game. Zelda 4 Swords Adventures comes to mind, along with any of the Tales games.

Either that or a blind lets play of a Phoenix Wright game.

I'd do Paper Mario and quit after two days and then 6 months later start a stream of Half-Life and stop after a month because people stopped caring.
WHAT, ME, BITTER?
HA.

Cite wrote:

I'd do Paper Mario and quit after two days and then 6 months later start a stream of Half-Life and stop after a month because people stopped caring.
WHAT, ME, BITTER?
HA.

I didn't stop caring. I had to miss one stream because of some important stuff. Next thing I know, you stopped them. I actually miss them.

(Sorry for getting off topic)

Id probably make a Tales of Symphonia lets play
Solving most puzzles under a minute… unless it one of those very tedious ones…
Soloing every boss.
Show every treasure chest in each dungeon…or at least tell you.
I do have over 500 hours put into that game…

@KI..D HA, that is by far the worst game out of the pack, especially compared to Dino Puzzle! As for me, I'd do something not totally saturated in the world of LPs. So NO Minecraft, NO FPS, NO big-shot RPGs, NO popular, steadily-rising indie games, none of that! I'd do something NOBODY WOULD EVER THINK OF LPING BECAUSE EVERYONE HATES THEM!! I'd do T.V. franchise games! People just love obvious money-making attempts! Scooby-Doo, SpongeBob, Harry Potter? Yeah, that's what I'd do.

I'd do one of Mother 3 so people can bask in its glory. It isn't an overrated game for nothing. It's actually pretty damn good.

But if we're talking a Let's Play of a game we haven't played yet, I'd er…I guess I'd give one of those "HOLY CRAP THIS GAME ACTUALLY EXISTS" playthroughs, like when Two Best Friends played the Man Vs Wild game. Something PURELY for the lulz. So maybe even a survival horror so people can hear me curse every foul word in English and Spanish.

Beta/Unreleased Games, and Half-Life 2/Ep1/Ep2. Also, all the indie games my dad always pirates and some emulated classics.

For the betas, I'll just calmly talk in a informative voice, but for Half-Life…

I'll be over-reacting at the most inappropriate time, such as screaming whenever something not that scary pops up. Also, it will be my first EVER play of the games though, so most of the reactions WILL be genuine.

Last edited Jun 19, 2012 at 07:56AM EDT

First i would do Minecraft/Terraria
But probably i would find someone to play whit,'cuz its fun
Then goes the SRS stuff
Amnesia,would be first,some custom storys or the main game
Then maybe a Scary Flash Game like GhostScape or SCP
And begins the really scary stuff,i mean Paranormal.
And to finish it off,Scary Gmod maps whit someone
Like Ghost Hunt i did whit Retarded Combine and Riyku.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!