Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,714 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

TF2 Dream gear and blab about the Mann vs. machine/Meet the pyro, ect!

Last posted Jun 28, 2012 at 01:48PM EDT. Added Jun 22, 2012 at 10:45PM EDT
35 posts from 14 users

Here, you can do two things: Post about dream gear you wish to have, and talking about the soon to come "Mann vs. Machine!!" update and the most wanted of all: meet the pyro. You can also discuss future topics like the second annuel saxxy awards.

My dream gear is:
-Painted cow mangler (worth 40 buds. Q_Q) Only 3 exist
-strange chargin' targe
-Strange brass beast

I hope you all are looking forward to the "Mann Vs. machine!!" update coming soon.
A man who alpha tested meet the pyro said that we are all in for something sweet. Get ready.

I'm wishing for a "Team Fortress 2: The Animated Series" on Adult Swim.

As for dream gear, here are a few weapons from the workshop that I'd love to see.

The Ba-Tzu-Ka

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=74477334&searchtext=

Bandoliero!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=68210980&searchtext=

The Second Amendment

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=68543526&searchtext=

The General Issue

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=74477434&searchtext=

Thanks Pyro for the strange mad milk. Got it up to Notably dangerous rank already. (Thank those crowded trade servers) But that will be it for today

Also to correct our discussion earlier, I didn't get my shortstop to Gore-Splattered rank in one day, I was thinking of a lower rank like Notably Dangerous (200 kills)

My shortstop is Gore splattered now but only after having it for 3 days.

The only thing left to complete my scout collection is the Boston Basher and the Rune blade but I'm not that fussed about getting two more melee weapons I probably wont use.

Last edited Jun 25, 2012 at 04:43AM EDT

Wanna know what we need guys?

New demonman weapons. I have no idea how long i've been bitching about this but c'mon.

We only have 2 different grenade launchers being the default and the "lock n load" and we only have what 3 stickybomb launchers. Being the default the "Scottish resistance* and the "Sticky jumper".

Id settle for a grenade launcher that does less damage and a stickebomb launcher that does less damage but detonates faster.

GIANTDAD wrote:

Wanna know what we need guys?

New demonman weapons. I have no idea how long i've been bitching about this but c'mon.

We only have 2 different grenade launchers being the default and the "lock n load" and we only have what 3 stickybomb launchers. Being the default the "Scottish resistance* and the "Sticky jumper".

Id settle for a grenade launcher that does less damage and a stickebomb launcher that does less damage but detonates faster.

I agree, "Demoknighting" is good fun and all but I'd take more Stickybomb Launchers and Pill Shooters over more swords and shields.

angstyHoodie wrote:

I agree, "Demoknighting" is good fun and all but I'd take more Stickybomb Launchers and Pill Shooters over more swords and shields.

That's what i don't get. Why does valve keep making all of these swords and melee weapons for the demoman when what we really need are some grenade launchers.

But what they keep doing is they give us a shitty cluster fuck of unwanted swords and thes estupid fucking hats. I guess their nice to look at but still.

GIANTDAD wrote:

That's what i don't get. Why does valve keep making all of these swords and melee weapons for the demoman when what we really need are some grenade launchers.

But what they keep doing is they give us a shitty cluster fuck of unwanted swords and thes estupid fucking hats. I guess their nice to look at but still.

I don't really care about the hats, I only use them to get metal and stranges. (with the exception of my green Tyrants Helm)

But I want more weapons, especially weapons that discourage new players to play Sniper, Heavy, and Spy and drive them to other classes that you don't need to rely on being good.

I want Valve to make shooting someone's head, stabbing someone's back, and shooting someone away as complicated as possible!

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Clubba

Valve is just trying to squeeze more money out of the kids who think being a demoknight makes them an unstoppable force of destruction and carry swords into rocket fights

Why do i feel this is more accurate than it should be? Oh it is. I just wish valve would just stop making all these swords just for one goddamn second and make a nice grenade launcher or stickebomb launcher.

I'm getting pretty tired of using the defaults.

GIANTDAD wrote:

Why do i feel this is more accurate than it should be? Oh it is. I just wish valve would just stop making all these swords just for one goddamn second and make a nice grenade launcher or stickebomb launcher.

I'm getting pretty tired of using the defaults.

Yeah, the Loch And Load's ricocheting disability can get pretty annoying. I really want a new grenade launcher similar to the default. Instead, we get, out of all things, damn swords.

Even worse when you notice that there are only 2 Stickybomb Launchers, 1 Grenade Launcher and over 30 swords. It's time the TF2 team makes another Grenade or Stickybomb Launcher, or at least pluck some from Steam Workshop.

I know I'll draw some fire for saying what I'm about to say, but I don't care.

I'd be willing to give my own life if they decided to come out with a Mass Effect weapons pack.

• M-23 Katana shotgun as new primary for Scout and Engineer, new secondary for Pyro and Heavy. Increased effective range and tighter pellet spread than default shotguns, but fewer pellets per shot. Pellets do the same damage as standard shotgun pellets. RoF not altered. 5 rounds per magazine, reload all at once, but reduced reserve capacity to compensate.
  • M-92 Mantis sniper rifle as new primary for Sniper. Pretty much identical to default rifle, but better zoom with the scope for extreme range shooting. Slower reload than standard rifle.
  • M-12 Locust SMG as new secondary for Sniper. 20 rounds per magazine. Increased damage vs. default SMG, but slower RoF. Slightly improved reserve capacity.
  • M-3 Predator pistol as new secondary for Scout and Engineer. Same capacity as default pistol, same RoF, but increased recoil. Otherwise unaltered from default pistol.
  • M-6 Carnifex heavy pistol as new primary weapon for Spy. Effectively identical to default revolver.
  • Geth Spitfire plasma Gatling gun as new primary weapon for Heavy. Full RoF not achieved if fired in short bursts; most effective in sustained fire. Projectiles not hitscan, so leading your target will be necessary at long range. More accurate than default minigun, however. Damage per hit and RoF under sustained fire are identical to standard minigun.

What do you guys think? Perhaps add some ME-inspired hats and such?

Last edited Jun 25, 2012 at 11:58PM EDT

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

I know I'll draw some fire for saying what I'm about to say, but I don't care.

I'd be willing to give my own life if they decided to come out with a Mass Effect weapons pack.

• M-23 Katana shotgun as new primary for Scout and Engineer, new secondary for Pyro and Heavy. Increased effective range and tighter pellet spread than default shotguns, but fewer pellets per shot. Pellets do the same damage as standard shotgun pellets. RoF not altered. 5 rounds per magazine, reload all at once, but reduced reserve capacity to compensate.
  • M-92 Mantis sniper rifle as new primary for Sniper. Pretty much identical to default rifle, but better zoom with the scope for extreme range shooting. Slower reload than standard rifle.
  • M-12 Locust SMG as new secondary for Sniper. 20 rounds per magazine. Increased damage vs. default SMG, but slower RoF. Slightly improved reserve capacity.
  • M-3 Predator pistol as new secondary for Scout and Engineer. Same capacity as default pistol, same RoF, but increased recoil. Otherwise unaltered from default pistol.
  • M-6 Carnifex heavy pistol as new primary weapon for Spy. Effectively identical to default revolver.
  • Geth Spitfire plasma Gatling gun as new primary weapon for Heavy. Full RoF not achieved if fired in short bursts; most effective in sustained fire. Projectiles not hitscan, so leading your target will be necessary at long range. More accurate than default minigun, however. Damage per hit and RoF under sustained fire are identical to standard minigun.

What do you guys think? Perhaps add some ME-inspired hats and such?

Sounds cool.
They might do this sort of thing if there's an ME4 coming up.

But we know that there's not gonna be another instalment for a while. But the Mass Effect franchise, sounds like something that would have promo weapons, after all there was the Deus Ex pack.

User Name wrote:

Sounds cool.
They might do this sort of thing if there's an ME4 coming up.

But we know that there's not gonna be another instalment for a while. But the Mass Effect franchise, sounds like something that would have promo weapons, after all there was the Deus Ex pack.

Yeah. And I can't believe I forgot the M-451 Firestorm. It would be a new primary for Pyro.

I don't imagine it would be that different from the default flamethrower, do you?

They might do this sort of thing if there’s an ME4 coming up.

lolno. We'll just get a Mass Effect hat. As much as I hate that, weapons don't normally get added unless they're a reskin because they have to be tested for balancing issues. Considering how long it takes for Valve to nerf OP shit, I'm kinda glad they don't keep adding weapons quickly, even though I really want new ones.

What I really want to see are new Sniper secondaries that actually hurt people. Razorback and danger shield are practically useless, and Jarate isn't really my thing. I'd like to see more SMGs. Or maybe throwing knives.

Also, anyone else think silenced weapons would be cool? Decreased damage, or increased damage drop-off in exchange for quieter shots and the red not flashing on someone's screen when you shoot them. Would be pretty useful for spy or sniper.

Here's what I'd like to see:
Feather Duster
Street Sweeper
Sten Gun
Silenced Special

I just want more SMGs and pistols in general. Secondary weapons keep getting neglected in favor of secondary items like Bonk!, Jarate, Battalion's Backup, etc.

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 02:43AM EDT

Jackal Lantern wrote:

They might do this sort of thing if there’s an ME4 coming up.

lolno. We'll just get a Mass Effect hat. As much as I hate that, weapons don't normally get added unless they're a reskin because they have to be tested for balancing issues. Considering how long it takes for Valve to nerf OP shit, I'm kinda glad they don't keep adding weapons quickly, even though I really want new ones.

What I really want to see are new Sniper secondaries that actually hurt people. Razorback and danger shield are practically useless, and Jarate isn't really my thing. I'd like to see more SMGs. Or maybe throwing knives.

Also, anyone else think silenced weapons would be cool? Decreased damage, or increased damage drop-off in exchange for quieter shots and the red not flashing on someone's screen when you shoot them. Would be pretty useful for spy or sniper.

Here's what I'd like to see:
Feather Duster
Street Sweeper
Sten Gun
Silenced Special

I just want more SMGs and pistols in general. Secondary weapons keep getting neglected in favor of secondary items like Bonk!, Jarate, Battalion's Backup, etc.

I like these Sniper and Spy weapons, there are so many items in the TF2 Workshop that totally deserve to be in the game. Hell, I even see a few nice hats from time to time.

City on Fire update

Wow, it looks like two of the weapons I wanted just got in. And apparently, the silencers don't do shit. :I The SMG is just a straight downgrade from the stock SMG that gets guaranteed crits if I get lucky enough to kill someone with it. At least the Heatmaker sounds all right. No unscoping on focus sounds useful.

Still, Scouts new weapons sound a lot more exciting. (Don't they always. Sniper needs a better variety.)

Jackal Lantern wrote:

City on Fire update

Wow, it looks like two of the weapons I wanted just got in. And apparently, the silencers don't do shit. :I The SMG is just a straight downgrade from the stock SMG that gets guaranteed crits if I get lucky enough to kill someone with it. At least the Heatmaker sounds all right. No unscoping on focus sounds useful.

Still, Scouts new weapons sound a lot more exciting. (Don't they always. Sniper needs a better variety.)

I'm definitely curious as to how fast a Scout could capture intel with dat boost.

Oh great, more scout hardware for me to collect. I guess it's back to the trade servers for me.

I just have to have that pistol.

The other weapons are welcome sights as well. I'm glad we will be getting more actual firearms

I’m definitely curious as to how fast a Scout could capture intel with dat boost.

With a 35% base speed drop, double speed would be 130%. Pretty damn fast, but you have to remember you can't jump either, or you go back to 65%.

Oh great, more scout hardware for me to collect. I guess it’s back to the trade servers for me.

Honestly, I would recommend waiting. If you have the patience, you can get these weapons for much more reasonable prices. Even if you don't have the patience, at least wait until we know which new weapons are common drops so you only have to pay a reasonably unreasonable price.

The other weapons are welcome sights as well. I’m glad we will be getting more actual firearms

AMEN BROTHER.

Jackal Lantern wrote:

I’m definitely curious as to how fast a Scout could capture intel with dat boost.

With a 35% base speed drop, double speed would be 130%. Pretty damn fast, but you have to remember you can't jump either, or you go back to 65%.

Oh great, more scout hardware for me to collect. I guess it’s back to the trade servers for me.

Honestly, I would recommend waiting. If you have the patience, you can get these weapons for much more reasonable prices. Even if you don't have the patience, at least wait until we know which new weapons are common drops so you only have to pay a reasonably unreasonable price.

The other weapons are welcome sights as well. I’m glad we will be getting more actual firearms

AMEN BROTHER.

There's one thing I have a problem with, however: will the game record a jump as just being in midair, or if you hit the jump button? Because I don't want to lose my boost just by walking off the edge of my base.

Being in midair should be fine. That's why they give you the pistol that negates fall damage, I would imagine. That way, you can get the drop on your enemies from a high ledge w/o losing your boost. You don't need to jump before hitting the ground to prevent fall damage.

Pyro is now the worst kind of psychopath, one who doesn't even know what he/she's doing.

Oh yeah, there is still a debate on the Pyro's gender.
They said that in the video, Heavy says, "… I fear this man."
Then others say that Scout says "she" instead of "he". My mind is boggled.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!