Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,714 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

I'm playing Eve Online.

Last posted Jun 23, 2012 at 08:24PM EDT. Added Jun 23, 2012 at 03:39PM EDT
13 posts from 10 users

I knew it existed but I never took a close look at the game, Few Days ago look at the website and I'm already interested enough to download game, and after hours of reading Eve guilds for the Huge learning curve while and after the downloading I'm finally playing as a Gallente Pilot, I'm still doing tutorial stuff but is anyone else playing this Game?

Drop Eve and play League of Legends with RocketPanda, Eridan, Abra, Patrick, 404 and I.

On topic, no I have not. Isn't that that space game with that economy system?

Eve online is EVERYONE on just ONE server. If you die you got to make a new character and lose everything on that character (Unless you have clones). Also space stations are destructible as well if a station where your ship is docked at gets blown up your ship is most likely toast.

Also the thing that makes me happy is that the planets are actually massive in the game unlike planets in other space games. But the problem I have with eve is that the combat system is same as WoW, so it's not much based off of skill just more of better equipment or who shots who first.

That one server as a prox of almost a quarter of a million online daily last I check, trust me full out wars go on in that game. Like star wars size battles.

I've heard that Eve is fun but it takes a lot of time and grinding to get anywhere. Apparently people can just kill you and take everything you have too which seems a bit harsh. I've never played it myself though so I can't give an accurate opinion.

The Reason other RPG PvP don't interested me is because there's always a "You must be level ## to Fight X", But in EVE online you just need a Decent build and you can Fight anyone of other players, But is ture that it takes a lot of time to get started, But I'm willing to spend the time

And There's no "Grinding" in EVE, You just Pick the skills you want to "Train" and it will level up in Real Time even if you offline.

Also if someone trys to kill you in High security space, He/she only have 10 seconds flat to kill you before their ship gets blown up by cops, So they need a good build to kill you in High Sec Space, You can still die anywhere in the game but it's not likely unless you're carrying rich cargo in No Sec Space.

Oh and btw, join the biggest faction there is, the bigger the faction the most likely your character will live longer..but DON'T join the Goonswarm, they basically give any newfag a lot of money or give them a ship of some sort and basically they be using you as a meat shield, but I think the corporation died though. Just join the biggest corp. you can find besides them, that's my best advice.

It would be cool if EVE had a combat system like that battlestar game. It feels a lot like flying a plane in battlefield 1942 but in space. Even i tiny fighter can hammer a huge warship if they have enough skill and ammo.

Also never go anywhere alone when playing EVE. Because there's so many people online most ships travel in small fleets usually destroying any lone ships they come across. Solo PvP is dead in EVE because of this trend and anyone who still tries to keep it alive is a flying corpse.

Last edited Jun 23, 2012 at 06:21PM EDT

Playing EVE eh?

Prepare to play up a sheer cliff of a difficulty curve paved with the hopes and dreams of countless thousands of new players. It will be an endless, torturous cycle of death and war. Hopefully, it'll go well for you (it probably won't though).

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!