Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,732 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Thoughts on Animeme

Last posted Dec 03, 2012 at 12:03PM EST. Added Dec 03, 2012 at 02:13AM EST
11 posts from 10 users

So, these videos have been frontpaged on here a couple times, and I keep running into them on YouTube, so I wanted to know y'all's opinions on the series.

I personally think it's the cancer to end all cancer, and that it shouldn't even exist. Seriously, it pisses me off how mediocre and commercialized it is.

Here if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Wow Brawler, call about overreacting.

It's animated versions off popular internet memes, I honestly don't see the issue. Similarly, I never really see the issue with leaking tubes and stuff like that, an opinion we obviously don't share. They are pretty funny, and certainly add humour to otherwise stale and boring advice animals. Various sketches I personally find hilarious.

Seriously, it pisses me off how mediocre and commercialized it is.

Creating a profit through content created by others, don't you see the fuckhuge amount of irony in that being a moderator on KnowYourMeme?

Last edited Dec 03, 2012 at 03:05AM EST

Erm… I don't see the problem with these. Most of them are actually better than the still images in my opinion.

If you have been here awhile you probably know my usual negative disposition against advice animals. Even I was surprised when I ended up smiling at the videos.

Last edited Dec 03, 2012 at 03:27AM EST

RandomMan wrote:

Wow Brawler, call about overreacting.

It's animated versions off popular internet memes, I honestly don't see the issue. Similarly, I never really see the issue with leaking tubes and stuff like that, an opinion we obviously don't share. They are pretty funny, and certainly add humour to otherwise stale and boring advice animals. Various sketches I personally find hilarious.

Seriously, it pisses me off how mediocre and commercialized it is.

Creating a profit through content created by others, don't you see the fuckhuge amount of irony in that being a moderator on KnowYourMeme?

You can call it what you like, but my opinion is unchanged. I don't like them at all, and I get annoyed when I see them. And I don't consider Know Your Meme to be the same thing, since we provide actual information on memes that people wouldn't be able to easily find otherwise, whereas this is just straight profiteering.

I knew from the beginning I'd be in the minority on this one, which is fine.

Eh, I'm kinda inclined to agree with Brawler on this one, though not as…passionately. I don't think the videos are the cancer to end all cancer, I just think that they aren't entertaining. A couple of the clips made me chuckle, but on the whole I thought it was dumb.

It's odd, and not very funny. Some skits are just plain boring but others like Insanity Wolf, and Condescending Wonka make me smile. Amimeme can be both interesting and plain boring when it comes to the memes that it chooses. It's very random at points too.

Overall, I don't like it as much as other animations but it's not very bad.

So from what I read from you guys, you're telling me the show is pretty much a hit and miss.

As for me, I've never really shown much interest to it. I usually find it bad when shows or video games decide to make references to memes. But a show entirely based on memes? I think I'll pass.

While I'm not as passionate about this as Brawler, I also really don't like this series. I find most of the voices given to the characters annoying, and all it's really doing is going "Look! This is funny because it's memes! Please love me!"
Voice acting 2/10
Animation 5/10
Originality 0/10
Comedy 1/10

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!