Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,732 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Mega Man Ideas (No double posting allowed)

Last posted Jan 13, 2013 at 12:14AM EST. Added Dec 20, 2012 at 01:47PM EST
20 posts from 11 users

I will rarely post on this thread. That means I will not double or triple-post. You will be left in peace this time.
Seriously, sorry about the double/triple-post thing on the last thread. I highly regret it.
P.S. You may edit your posts, but double-posting is 100% forbidden for everyone (except admins). Got that? Good. Also, PLEASE don't make the same mistake I did (see the second-to-last post of Mega Man Robot Masters Ideas for what I mean by that): I meant to insult myself, but accidentally insulted Verbose.

Last edited Dec 20, 2012 at 01:56PM EST

sorry man but I'm going to rant on your way of posting,

>I will rarely post on this thread
you don't have to tell us this…just do it?

> that means I will not double or triple-post
redundant

>you will be left in peace this time
you didn't have to say this either

> p.s. you may edit your posts….
why do you think the rest of us don't know this? you DONT HAVE TO TELL US

> got that? good.
what's with your attitude?

> also PLEASE don't make the same mistake I did
you know…. sigh nevermind

here's how you should've created this thread

1. just put "mega man ideas" as the title, you don't have to add the bracketed part because it's pointless, you're the only one that double posted….
2. just simply put "I'm sorry for my behaviour in the previous thread"

and thats it, you do NOT have to elaborate or state so much filler

Last edited Dec 20, 2012 at 02:06PM EST

đź…±ank đź…±ill wrote:

sorry man but I'm going to rant on your way of posting,

>I will rarely post on this thread
you don't have to tell us this…just do it?

> that means I will not double or triple-post
redundant

>you will be left in peace this time
you didn't have to say this either

> p.s. you may edit your posts….
why do you think the rest of us don't know this? you DONT HAVE TO TELL US

> got that? good.
what's with your attitude?

> also PLEASE don't make the same mistake I did
you know…. sigh nevermind

here's how you should've created this thread

1. just put "mega man ideas" as the title, you don't have to add the bracketed part because it's pointless, you're the only one that double posted….
2. just simply put "I'm sorry for my behaviour in the previous thread"

and thats it, you do NOT have to elaborate or state so much filler

See that first +? It's from me.
You negotiate very well.
I'll ignore the "I'll rarely post" rule, but not the "no-double post" rule.
Props to you.
But, seriously, no double-posting from anyone but admins, I beg of you.

Whoops, you insulted Verbose? That’s a no-no. I happen to know from the Titles and Functions thread that that guy has ban powers.

I’d like to see a level where the character’s enemies have the power to manipulate space and time in such a manner that they can detect what your most likely next move will be based on the platform of the level. The CPU probability enhancing would be difficult, but a level like that sure would be fun to mess around with.

man you didn't even listen,

>I’ll ignore the “I’ll rarely post” rule, but not the “no-double post” rule.
just do it don't say it, from now on PLEASE don't tell us HOW you're going to behave or how you think you're going to behave, it's very irrelevant man…stop

>But, seriously, no double-posting from anyone but admins
once again, keep this to yourself, if this is your way of telling us that you'll stop double posting…then just stop double posting without having to TELL us that you'll stop, you know what I mean?
don't state the rules for us like the way you're doing, trust me

> I beg of you.
why did you add this piece? when no one else is doing it

I don't mean to keep ragging on you, but you have to know what you're doing is agitating, and your textual mannerisms need a bit of change

Evan Hechenbach wrote:

Whoops, you insulted Verbose? That’s a no-no. I happen to know from the Titles and Functions thread that that guy has ban powers.

I’d like to see a level where the character’s enemies have the power to manipulate space and time in such a manner that they can detect what your most likely next move will be based on the platform of the level. The CPU probability enhancing would be difficult, but a level like that sure would be fun to mess around with.

I meant I THOUGHT I accidentally insulted Verbose. I meant to "insult myself". You can tell because I used the word "derp".
P.S. TALK ABOUT MEGA MAN, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! PLEASE!

Last edited Dec 20, 2012 at 02:54PM EST

Kim Jong is correct. Making another post to tell us how you’re not going to double-post anymore?

No, no, no, no, no.

Rather than reciting how you plan on behaving, just establish that behavior on your own terms. There’s really no need to say anything.

…Now, hopefully we can veer this thread back to its topic. Sorry.

I didn't lock the thread based on insults. I get insulted all of the time through PMs (I've got two users on my case right now). If you continuously antagonized me (or any user) then that would be grounds for a warning and not a locked thread. I locked it because you kept double posting after I said to stop in addition to some near necrobumps on that thread.

Also, moderators and admins shouldn't double/triple post either. There are instances where it's more tolerable than others (i.e., like when your post surpasses the 10,000 character limit or occasionally when you're bumping a featured thread with an on-topic post), and that applies to everyone.

Generally, your double posts come several hours, a couple of days, or several days after the last post of yours. That is what I mean by a "necrobump." The bump is created simply to keep a dead thread from dying more than actually contributing to the topic.

As for the topic, here's an image of all of the Robot Masters from Mega Man 1-10.

Click the image to see it a little larger.

I'd say something like Psych Man. A robot with the ability to confuse Mega Man, so that jumping makes Mega Man slide, sliding makes him jump, makes him go left when you input right, etc. That would switch throughout the battle.

Getting his ability would let you confuse all of the enemies on the screen so that they can't hurt you or so that they attack other enemies. I imagine it would be like Flash Man's freezing of time, where the ability's power is timed.

Verbose wrote:

I didn't lock the thread based on insults. I get insulted all of the time through PMs (I've got two users on my case right now). If you continuously antagonized me (or any user) then that would be grounds for a warning and not a locked thread. I locked it because you kept double posting after I said to stop in addition to some near necrobumps on that thread.

Also, moderators and admins shouldn't double/triple post either. There are instances where it's more tolerable than others (i.e., like when your post surpasses the 10,000 character limit or occasionally when you're bumping a featured thread with an on-topic post), and that applies to everyone.

Generally, your double posts come several hours, a couple of days, or several days after the last post of yours. That is what I mean by a "necrobump." The bump is created simply to keep a dead thread from dying more than actually contributing to the topic.

As for the topic, here's an image of all of the Robot Masters from Mega Man 1-10.

I'd say something like Psych Man. A robot with the ability to confuse Mega Man, so that jumping makes Mega Man slide, sliding makes him jump, makes him go left when you input right, etc. That would switch throughout the battle.

Getting his ability would let you confuse all of the enemies on the screen so that they can't hurt you or so that they attack other enemies. I imagine it would be like Flash Man's freezing of time, where the ability's power is timed.

1. Oh…
2. Nice idea! Hey, what about if Mega Man could use Psych Man's weapon (whatever it is) to mess with the AI of enemies instead of merely paralyzing them? That would be cool, wouldn't it?

Anyways…

Here's a weapon idea: the Melt Coiler. It makes the user melted temporarily, though they are still mobile. In this state, touching an enemy causes the user to coil around the enemy, either absorbing it to gain some health or to use it as a one-use throwing weapon. After that one use, the user returns to normal. The name of its respective robot master? Wrap Man and Coil Man are the only possibilities I've got this far…

Sorry about the "wall of text" this reply is…

Soldier Man: His level is a battlefield. Literally. You have to fight a variety of military-themed foes to reach him.

He looks like a regular human soldier, clad in body armor with a camouflage color scheme, but is armed with a wrist-mounted gun.

Armed with a seemingly simple ballistic weapon, Soldier Man actually possesses a multitude of attacks, including a powerful rocket launcher, a rapid fire machine gun, a highly accurate sniper rifle and a lethal close range shotgun.

Upon his defeat, you are granted the Aimed Shot ability and the Sniper weapon. The former gives you the ability to aim in 360 degrees, attacking enemies from any direction, and can be used with any weapon. The latter is a powerful long range attack that can eliminate all but the strongest of foes with a single well placed round.

Yes, this is a copy-paste job from the last thread. I'd like some feedback on the idea, if no one minds.

Last edited Dec 20, 2012 at 07:25PM EST

Verbose wrote:

The wallpaper dosen't have the robot masters from MM10.

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

Soldier Man: His level is a battlefield. Literally. You have to fight a variety of military-themed foes to reach him.

He looks like a regular human soldier, clad in body armor with a camouflage color scheme, but is armed with a wrist-mounted gun.

Armed with a seemingly simple ballistic weapon, Soldier Man actually possesses a multitude of attacks, including a powerful rocket launcher, a rapid fire machine gun, a highly accurate sniper rifle and a lethal close range shotgun.

Upon his defeat, you are granted the Aimed Shot ability and the Sniper weapon. The former gives you the ability to aim in 360 degrees, attacking enemies from any direction, and can be used with any weapon. The latter is a powerful long range attack that can eliminate all but the strongest of foes with a single well placed round.

Since you, rather…delicately, asked for feedback on this idea, I’d be more than happy to provide it.

I think it sounds quite pleasurable. I’d love to play a level like that on a wide-range terrain. To add to your idea, I’d also try to incorporate some focal point involving more guerilla tactics. To make things interesting, the character should have little weaponry in stages like this: maybe a classic combat knife. It can be used both for close-range kills with less fanfare to attract enemy attention, and as a tool for broad usage. If the graphics designers and AI personnel are particularly good, the character could even somehow fasten a shiv after collecting enough materials. Though crude, they can be key in close calls if detected. And, of course, a traditional array of throwing knives.

The least sophisticated firearms I allow in most guerilla scenarios is a compact assault rifle or automatic shotgun of a lower class. To affix to the “little weaponry” idea, I’d maybe make something like a semi-automatic Grendel a collectible item. Effective and useful for more trigger-happy players.

Last edited Dec 20, 2012 at 09:46PM EST

Evan Hechenbach wrote:

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

Since you, rather…delicately, asked for feedback on this idea, I’d be more than happy to provide it.

I think it sounds quite pleasurable. I’d love to play a level like that on a wide-range terrain. To add to your idea, I’d also try to incorporate some focal point involving more guerilla tactics. To make things interesting, the character should have little weaponry in stages like this: maybe a classic combat knife. It can be used both for close-range kills with less fanfare to attract enemy attention, and as a tool for broad usage. If the graphics designers and AI personnel are particularly good, the character could even somehow fasten a shiv after collecting enough materials. Though crude, they can be key in close calls if detected. And, of course, a traditional array of throwing knives.

The least sophisticated firearms I allow in most guerilla scenarios is a compact assault rifle or automatic shotgun of a lower class. To affix to the “little weaponry” idea, I’d maybe make something like a semi-automatic Grendel a collectible item. Effective and useful for more trigger-happy players.

Nah, I was just thinking in terms of the "classic" side-scrolling Mega Man game play when I thought of this, with full use of all weapons you had acquired up to that point.

I was thinking things like using shell craters as cover, having to jump over trench lines, assaulting a fortified gate as a mini-boss before fighting through an interior space that's rattling from the artillery fire to get to the main boss. That sort of thing.

Maybe it would be a bit much, but it certainly seems like an interesting idea.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!