Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,723 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Nightmare Fuel General (NSFW)

Last posted Jan 28, 2013 at 02:59AM EST. Added Jan 22, 2013 at 09:46AM EST
35 posts from 21 users

Hm. Anyway, I usually only like images, and even then, the images are only semi-grimdark. Rarely any blood or very little of it.

Image above is by an artist named "crookedtrees," but the original source has been nixed.

Click the image above for the source.

I hadn't started to play Majora's Mask before I learned of the "imminent death moon" mechanic, but I did hear that you could get a rather morbid game over if you didn't figure out how to make time slow down/restart before the moon touched down.

So when I saw this video, I imagined having the feeling that you were out of ideas in-game and the moon was certain to destroy you and pretty much everything you just fought to save from Ganondorf in the previous game. There's a difference between dying horribly to some monster and not even being able to try.

In the former, you simply fight, then you die. You have hope all the way up until you lose that last heart. In the latter, you have no idea what to do. You're not losing health, but you're going to die along with everything around you in T-X

It's the feeling of hopelessness that you get from situations like that. Some people get that "high" from roller coasters and stuff. It's safe but you still get an adrenaline rush.

I get that from sorta grimdark stuff.

I also felt that same feeling of despair when I fought the final boss of LoZ:Skyward Sword (won't say whom, just in case.) I couldn't figure out how to beat it, and watching it in a certain pose while this music played made me actually wonder if I stood a chance. I felt hopeless. From a video game.

The theme isn't a basic low, rumbling, evil sounding music. The music itself isn't so far from a theme of victory and triumph. It was reminiscent of moments where music changed in other Zelda's when you had a chance to hack and slash away at a boss to finally inflict meaningful damage.

I felt triumphant. Like I knew I couldn't lose. This was the opposite:

I felt despair. Like I knew I couldn't win. (And sure enough, I died.)

I knew of some Pokemon grimdark images, but I can't be bothered to go find them. There really could stand to be a Pokemon image site.

Last edited Jan 22, 2013 at 11:49AM EST

Verbose wrote:

Hm. Anyway, I usually only like images, and even then, the images are only semi-grimdark. Rarely any blood or very little of it.

Image above is by an artist named "crookedtrees," but the original source has been nixed.

I hadn't started to play Majora's Mask before I learned of the "imminent death moon" mechanic, but I did hear that you could get a rather morbid game over if you didn't figure out how to make time slow down/restart before the moon touched down.

So when I saw this video, I imagined having the feeling that you were out of ideas in-game and the moon was certain to destroy you and pretty much everything you just fought to save from Ganondorf in the previous game. There's a difference between dying horribly to some monster and not even being able to try.

In the former, you simply fight, then you die. You have hope all the way up until you lose that last heart. In the latter, you have no idea what to do. You're not losing health, but you're going to die along with everything around you in T-X

It's the feeling of hopelessness that you get from situations like that. Some people get that "high" from roller coasters and stuff. It's safe but you still get an adrenaline rush.

I also felt that same feeling of despair when I fought the final boss of LoZ:Skyward Sword (won't say whom, just in case.) I couldn't figure out how to beat it, and watching it in a certain pose while this music played made me actually wonder if I stood a chance. I felt hopeless. From a video game.

The theme isn't a basic low, rumbling, evil sounding music. The music itself isn't so far from a theme of victory and triumph. It was reminiscent of moments where music changed in other Zelda's when you had a chance to hack and slash away at a boss to finally inflict meaningful damage.

I knew of some Pokemon grimdark images, but I can't be bothered to go find them. There really could stand to be a Pokemon image site.

I once saw Rule 34 by that Crookedtrees guy…

@Mrwrens

You'd be surprised how many Pony artists do Rule 34. Darth-franny under a different name, Tess, various others.

Also, don't double post…

Verbose wrote:

I also felt that same feeling of despair when I fought the final boss of LoZ:Skyward Sword (won’t say whom, just in case.) I couldn’t figure out how to beat it

>Not realizing you can just drink an upgraded invincibility potion and swing your sword around randomly until he dies

Now back on topic.

This is an awesome song, but the music video is creepy, to say the least.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!