Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,714 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

ITT: We talk like it's the 1980's

Last posted Jan 22, 2014 at 10:28PM EST. Added Jan 19, 2014 at 10:28PM EST
33 posts from 22 users

(AKA Pretend it's the 1980s)

Hey guys! Just got my Commodore 64 today! Can't believe it! 64KB RAM!

You know what else I can't believe? The government just passed a law saying all cars must have something called a "seat-belt"! Pfft, seatbelts I'll bet they'll kill more lives than they save.

Spirit Coyote wrote:

(AKA Pretend it's the 1980s)

Hey guys! Just got my Commodore 64 today! Can't believe it! 64KB RAM!

You know what else I can't believe? The government just passed a law saying all cars must have something called a "seat-belt"! Pfft, seatbelts I'll bet they'll kill more lives than they save.

Fucking airhead. Everyone knows that the Atari 800 is the better home computer.

TheMiketroid wrote:

Have guys heard of the upcoming "Sega Genesis"? It has 16 bits! I don't even know what those are, but it sounds high-tech!

Really? The 16 bit processor has been around since the '60s!

What about the Cray-1? A whole 64-bits of processing power!

Muffinlicious wrote:

Hey, I noticed you're a fan of that new movie "Back to the future!" I haven't seen it yet, how was it?

It was alright. I saw it on the release day: July 3, 1985, the cinema was PACKED! Can't believe we have to wait a whole year until May '86 to get it on VHS!

This Steve Jobs guy is a compete hack. He think the graphical user interface is the way of the future? Well I tell you now, OS1 is going to be a complete flop

Nobody wants a computer where you have to drag a pointer across a screen when you can just type in a command. That is so square. All the radical IT dudes will be using the Command Line

Also who the hell needs more than 640Kb or RAM?

LNH wrote:

Fucking airhead. Everyone knows that the Atari 800 is the better home computer.

(I used a genuine 1989 TELETEXT machine for that :D)

Hey dudes, did you hear that Tony Hawk kid landed a 720 the other day? My friend showed me it – really freakin' rad. Pretty sure that's the farthest a skater can spin, though. I mean, could you imagine a 900? Pssh.

TheMiketroid wrote:

Have guys heard of the upcoming "Sega Genesis"? It has 16 bits! I don't even know what those are, but it sounds high-tech!

Not as high-tech as… BLAST PROCESSING!

Serious Business wrote:

Got the new Thriller 8-track. It'll sound great on the player I installed in the station wagon.

8-track? Tapes have already surpassed them…

TheMiketroid wrote:

It's that "BLAST PROCESSING" that really draws me in.

I wonder what the most popular game would be on it? Probably not something starring a slow animal, because that would be stupid and not show off the blast processing. Even if said animal was inexplicably faster than usual.

chowzburgerz wrote:

The United Kingdom has a woman as a Prime Minister. Surely no woman will run for President of the United States.

I actually have a friend who went to law school with a black dude who he thought could be president one day. Could you imagine that?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!