Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,713 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Pokemon X and Y: Know Your Meme Tournament! (Because Not all of Us Have a Wii U)

Last posted Jun 30, 2014 at 09:04PM EDT. Added Jun 13, 2014 at 01:40PM EDT
130 posts from 13 users

So,

Seeing as to how many of us do not have a Wii U to participate in the MK8 tournament in another thread, I have taken it upon myself to start organizing a tournament of our own!
Now, the rules are, LV. 50 normal 6v6 single battles. If you want to go by Smogon rules, please specify before your match. Post your friend codes below and I will get to organizing brackets. These brackets will be closed at 4:45pm (Eastern Standard Time), where the battles will begin. This time will be extended to 8:30pm (EST) if not enough people enter and will not continue at all if there is not a suitable amount of people in the battles. Each battle must be recorded as a Battle Video and uploaded to the Internet via whatever method is in-game and the code must be posted here. If any of you have capture card or other tools, those are very much welcomed to be uploaded to YouTube and shared here.
Fun Stuff:
>Please post a youtube link below to a song, be it from a real album or from another video game, that can fit that battle. Sometimes Pokemon soundtracks cannot really capture the full experience of the battle and fit well. (THIS IS COMPLETELY OPTIONAL)
>Provide your thoughts on the battle afterwards!
When the last four players are left after at least sixteen people joined, there will be a tag-team Pokemon battle. Two players will come up with a name for their duo and thus duke it out with the opposing team. Winner gains the KYM Internet Cookie of Awesomeness and a level 100 Shiny Terrakion courtesy of me. Limited to one tournament per day. If only eight people join, then the final battle will be a one-on-one double battle.
Any questions, feel free to ask below. (Damn it is hard to organize a tourney…)

You're not going to get a lot of people if you have an 8-hour entry window for tournament, let alone less than 4. There are users who are asleep due to timezones. But who knows for sure?

I know I'm at work and don't have my 3DS with me, so I can't give you mine right now. But if you are still open by the time I can jump in, you can keep the legendary shiny. I don't like most legendaries, I don't fight with most ubers, and I don't like most shiny designs.

Verbose wrote:

You're not going to get a lot of people if you have an 8-hour entry window for tournament, let alone less than 4. There are users who are asleep due to timezones. But who knows for sure?

I know I'm at work and don't have my 3DS with me, so I can't give you mine right now. But if you are still open by the time I can jump in, you can keep the legendary shiny. I don't like most legendaries, I don't fight with most ubers, and I don't like most shiny designs.

^ this
Unless you're really aiming to do this today, I'd give it until tomorrow.

Baron O Beefdip wrote:

^ this
Unless you're really aiming to do this today, I'd give it until tomorrow.

Naw, I can wait til later.
UPDATE: The brackets will be extended until 4:30pm EST on MONDAY. So you all have plenty of time. Because I'm a nice guy and you people are very logical and smart.

Last edited Jun 13, 2014 at 03:23PM EDT

Funny enough, I was playing X just now. Sadly though, I don't really play it too often since. i'm not that into Pokemon and I don't have a single level 50 Pokemon. For now, I'll try to level my Fenny (Fennekin) up in an attempt to enter the tournament later, but for now, i can't make it.

Slutty Sam wrote:

Funny enough, I was playing X just now. Sadly though, I don't really play it too often since. i'm not that into Pokemon and I don't have a single level 50 Pokemon. For now, I'll try to level my Fenny (Fennekin) up in an attempt to enter the tournament later, but for now, i can't make it.

Don't worry man, by endgame if you do only minimal grinding your team will likely be up in the 80's when you fight the Elite Four. (At least, its how it went for me.)

Ok, I'm back and settled. I'm glad OP decided to extend the entry period.

Friend Code: 0044-3106-4084
Name: Verbose (My in-game name is a little unique to want to post it here)

I don't care about Smogun or their rules. I play with the pokemon I have, because I like them.

LNH wrote:

This is going to be great, mate.

3DS Friend Code: 4854 – 6750 – 5866

Oh yeah

Trainer Name: Paco
Mii Name: Matt

Also, should there be restrictions to make sure a team isn't too OP?

Last edited Jun 14, 2014 at 08:27AM EDT

LNH wrote:

Oh yeah

Trainer Name: Paco
Mii Name: Matt

Also, should there be restrictions to make sure a team isn't too OP?

New Update Everybody!
1. You cannot have more than one legendary on your team.
2. Shinies are fully permitted
3. The brackets are currently underway, so you still have time to enter, just so everyone who already entered knows, you all have your opponents now as we speak.
Good luck on Monday everybody!

Trainer Name: Creme (Because I was dared to have a female trainer)
Mii Name: Emerson
FC: 2981-7139-9636

Still need to raise up my other 2 teams for Monday. I'll start adding you guys right now.

UPDATE: The tournament will take place at 5:00 EST tomorrow. Good luck everyone, and remember, you only have 17 hours and 45 minutes left to join and prepare!

Couple of questions:

• What if your opponent isn't available?
  • Do you have to stick with singles, or is it allowed to do doubles/triples if you and your opponent are both ok with it? Especially asking this because of your finale rules.
  • Stick with one team or are you allowed to switch between matches?
Last edited Jun 16, 2014 at 08:16AM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Couple of questions:

• What if your opponent isn't available?
  • Do you have to stick with singles, or is it allowed to do doubles/triples if you and your opponent are both ok with it? Especially asking this because of your finale rules.
  • Stick with one team or are you allowed to switch between matches?

>If the opponent is unavailable the match will be held off for an hour until said opponent become available. If the opponent does not show up until then, it is counted as a loss for the opponent, so everyone, look sharp when the battles begin.
>All types of battles are allowed if they are predetermined before the match starts by both you and your opponent.
>You may shake it up for all of your teams. I actually was hoping people could do this to give sort of an unpredictability to the matches.

I actually was hoping people could do this to give sort of an unpredictability to the matches.

Each team has a legendary, a Technician Scizor, Garchomp, and a Charizard Y.

I'll just have Lanturn somewhere on my team.

Also, RandomMan and Lil'B, your match will proceed as normal, the winner's next battle TOMORROW will be your second match. The matches will take place one in each bracket per day.

LNH wrote:

(Lil B)

Well I lost.

Here's the vs recorder code to see the game: 72BG-WWWW-WWW7-VKFW

Your Hippowdon really was my main fear. I constantly believed you would've switched him in and made me waste a turn with Solar Beam.

ITS TIME TO THROW DOWN!!!
BrownBear, Are you ready?
Because the thought of the battle is making me feel quite.. euphoric.

Last edited Jun 16, 2014 at 05:02PM EDT

Trollanort wrote:

Verbose, are you alright with waiting until tomorrow for your match? If anyone wants, I'll extend the time once more.

I work the standard 9 to 5 in Atlanta.

That said, I'll be home before 6, so I'll be able to throw together a team and get online before the hour cutoff. I'm not taking this very seriously. I just like to fight with my favorite Pokemon.

Do any of you jobs?

Edit: I can wait until tomorrow evening if you're concerned about my opponent. I'm in no rush.

Last edited Jun 16, 2014 at 05:21PM EDT

I NEVER THOUGHT I'D SAY THIS, BUT THANK GOD FOR GIYGAS!
BrownBear, that Milotic and Shaymin had me worried. But overall, you were one of my toughest matches.
Code for the epicness: 9JZW-WWWW-WWW7-VKZP
Suitable music:

Last edited Jun 16, 2014 at 05:23PM EDT

Well as it stands, it seems the matches between Verbose and Creme alongside Digoxin and Ann Hiro will be done tomorrow. This gives anyone who wishes to join another few hours.

Ok. Thanks, OP.

Creme (It took me forever to realize that this was Picard), I don't get back from work until 5:30pm Eastern at the earliest and sometimes at 6pm. But I'll be ready if you are.

Emerson Grey wrote:

Trainer Name: Creme (Because I was dared to have a female trainer)
Mii Name: Emerson
FC: 2981-7139-9636

Still need to raise up my other 2 teams for Monday. I'll start adding you guys right now.

Dorian White wrote:

Actually, it was I, (Emerson Grey) who was Creme.

THERE ARE FOUR BLANKETY BLANK NAMES.

Last edited Jun 17, 2014 at 12:21PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!