Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

83,650 total conversations in 7,438 threads

+ New Thread

VH1 Presents: Behind the Posts

Last posted Aug 02, 2014 at 04:11PM EDT. Added Jul 18, 2014 at 01:38PM EDT
25 posts from 18 users

All posts are made by people, but there is a mystery to these people. This thread aims to change that by putting a face to the comments you see every day from all your favourite users.

Last edited Jul 18, 2014 at 09:13PM EDT

@Spyder-byte

Haha, I remember that. Both the post and that picture. Ah good times. Love it.

But while I don't really care what you do with my pictures. I have a feeling a lot of people will have a problem with this thread

But while I don’t really care what you do with my pictures. I have a feeling a lot of people will have a problem with this thread

Yeah, try to get consent before using the pictures. This is personal information you're using to shame people. It's not so much the "making fun" we described as allowed in the Riff Raff Rules, but more the public shaming we described as disallowed.

If people aren't comfortable with seeing their picture used without consent, they're free to request it being removed. This is crossing a line with "making fun".

Last edited Jul 18, 2014 at 09:29PM EDT

Look, these people have shared their photos and comments publicly. They have to understand that they are liable to have this stuff happen. These are pictures of them and posts they have wrote, there is nothing being done on the sly. It's not like I'm doing stuff like this:

if people are ashamed of what they posted that is not my concern, if they stand beside what they said then there is no shaming at all. People should always be mindful of what they post and the consequences.

RandomMan wrote:

But while I don’t really care what you do with my pictures. I have a feeling a lot of people will have a problem with this thread

Yeah, try to get consent before using the pictures. This is personal information you're using to shame people. It's not so much the "making fun" we described as allowed in the Riff Raff Rules, but more the public shaming we described as disallowed.

If people aren't comfortable with seeing their picture used without consent, they're free to request it being removed. This is crossing a line with "making fun".

I think if they've posted their picture in the cam whore thread we should just assume they're okay with having their face on the internet

@ Spider-byte
That was pretty clever. Also I don't really care what anyone does to me, not even if it's out of context and censored like that, as long as it's somewhat funny and I'll get a laugh out of it.

NintenDylan wrote:

@ Spider-byte
That was pretty clever. Also I don't really care what anyone does to me, not even if it's out of context and censored like that, as long as it's somewhat funny and I'll get a laugh out of it.

That's good. It's just for a laugh anyway.

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

I'm tempted to delete the photos of the people who didn't want to be embarrassed by their fellow users. Your logic, Blubber, applies to other people. Not a mod who's trying to help the userbase.

Because I'm a decent person.

In fact, I will.

please do not give me the holier-than-thou bullshit. If you want people not to be embarrassed then delete the embarrassing posts. The point of the thread is not "look at this guy haha" it's "look what this guy wrote haha". no one is getting called out for their physical appearance, they are getting called out for writing something embarrassing.

If I posted a picture of myself, I'm saying "Hey public forum and possibly the entire internet, this is what I look like" then, if they see a post by me saying "god damn, i can't stop spanking it to anthros in diapers" you don't have to be a genius to realize that "Captain Blubber" didn't write that comment, a real life person did.

i swear, this board is gonna get real tedious if i have to explain every joke to you because you have the sense of humour of a pallbearer.

Last edited Jul 23, 2014 at 09:31PM EDT

Captain Blubber wrote:

please do not give me the holier-than-thou bullshit. If you want people not to be embarrassed then delete the embarrassing posts. The point of the thread is not "look at this guy haha" it's "look what this guy wrote haha". no one is getting called out for their physical appearance, they are getting called out for writing something embarrassing.

If I posted a picture of myself, I'm saying "Hey public forum and possibly the entire internet, this is what I look like" then, if they see a post by me saying "god damn, i can't stop spanking it to anthros in diapers" you don't have to be a genius to realize that "Captain Blubber" didn't write that comment, a real life person did.

i swear, this board is gonna get real tedious if i have to explain every joke to you because you have the sense of humour of a pallbearer.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!