Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,714 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Kym RPG

Last posted Dec 28, 2010 at 06:11PM EST. Added Nov 15, 2010 at 09:33AM EST
173 posts from 37 users

As soon as i finish Fallout Chronicles, i'll work on the KYM game i started.
Some things that are already setup:
The character lineup:
Me- warrior/paladin/berserker? tank, totally over the top and impatient
Moargun- uber accurate archer/sniper/DPS/backup healer, reasonable but often fed up with my bluntness and impatience
Vlad- Buffing/primary healer/mage/support, level headed and polite
CjayS: Special Effect/Poisoning/Enemy Debuffing/Assassin, doesn't really talk that much (kinda like Gordon Freeman from Half Life)

Premise:
Mellow, queen of the Greater Interwebs Memedom of Kym, summons the four with grave news: General Smugleaf, under the command of the Troll Empress Boxxy, has amassed a vast military of newfags, spammers, and trolls.

Some bosses:
A Cthulhu like oldfag, either called the Eldritchfag, the Foreverfag, or the Starfag
MissingNo
BEN (elegy statue) (what is my deal with the majora's mask????)
Skinner (based on the Skin Taker from Candle Cove)

Last edited Nov 15, 2010 at 09:36AM EST

Some items:
Cheezburger-heals Hp
Double Cheezburger- heals more hp
PS3 Game- key item, given to Lanthus in a fetch quest

Some abilities:
Falcon Punch:used by me- damages & stuns target
Kill it with Fire: used by Vlad- does fire damage to all foes

Opening cinematic: shows a town within Mellow's, uh, queendom. Just off the coast, you see Troll Empire warships approaching. you can see the confusion and panic in the eyes of the townsfolk. Then, we see our four heroes walking into the Kym Capital city, each with a different theme song:( thinking about other theme songs, but for now, mine is "Ain't no Rest for the Wicked" by Cage the Elephant)

Soooo… Are you planning on programming, designing and giving ideas to a full game all by yourself, and no development team?

What engine will this be in anyway? Do you have any previous projects that you can show so we know your abilities? And, final question, what language are you planning to program in?

Stoffe wrote:

Soooo… Are you planning on programming, designing and giving ideas to a full game all by yourself, and no development team?

What engine will this be in anyway? Do you have any previous projects that you can show so we know your abilities? And, final question, what language are you planning to program in?

He's using RPG maker. lol

Last edited Nov 16, 2010 at 12:11PM EST

I'll be those 10 wolves you have to kill for the first quest.
Or some old man who rambles about curses or whatnot and seems like he has something important to say when infact all that leaves his mouth is utter rubbish.

Sweatie Killer wrote:

I should be god, its only fair.

No it's not!
PS: The first quest does not have wolves, it involves constructing more pylons (introducing the players to the crafting system) and killing a 'sentrybot' to get a PS3 game for Lanthus

This was a triumph
I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS
It's hard to overstate my satisfaction

Angrypwnzer's game
It's more stupid than Cheetah Men II
Don't play this anymore, okay,
Unless you want to be dead.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake
He just keeps on trying, with all the tries that he makes
I wish he'd just stop, because this thread is a flop,
Oh God, why is he… Still alive?

I'll write that second verse later.

PS i made a song for the creepypasta segment simply called "songoffear". It's an orchestral version of the Lavender Town theme playing simultaneously with a reversed Song of Healing.
Also, for the cinematic that plays before the fianl boss fight with smugleaf, it goes down like this:
All four of the heroes are on the war-torn ground, exhausted from the fight with Empress Boxxy, and Boxxy's looking pretty spent,too. All of the sudden, a knife goes through her gut, and she slumps over, revelaing her attacker: her own right-hand man and general, Smugleaf.
"You sicken me." laughs Smugleaf.
"Now…to finish off these pests!"
Angrypwnzer groans in pain and pulls himself from the rubble.
"I won't let you do that."
(to be continued in next post)

Last edited Nov 19, 2010 at 07:17AM EST

anyway, angrypwnzer pulls out his sword and throws it, pinning Smugleaf to a half destroyed fortress wall.
"You think you can stop me?" Laughs Smugleaf. "Give up now. You can't fight me."
Pwnzer stares down Smugleaf.
"I am Angrypwnzer, and I always fight to my last breath."
With that, "New Divide" by Linkin Park blares out, and as the other three try to get up to help pwnzer, they see him in an epic duel with the general.

My stats .
Strength. 5/10
Defense. 6/10
magic attack. 9/10
magic defense. 9/10
Evashion. 2/10
luck. 9/10.
con 2/10
hp 7/10
As you can guess I am a mage with the spell [ the game and exploshion ].
Already learned when I am gotten
[ Those are rare spells]

angrypwnzer, I don't mean any offense, but the reason people are resistant to the idea of you making an KYM RPG is because you've only been on the site for about a month so your ideas of what comprises the KYM community are uninformed.

No mention of Brad Kim, Captain Blubber, Jostin, Tomberry, Real Genius, Tristan or Redspear?
This presents a problem.

The quoted post has been deleted.

Very true, You need to be careful if your going ahead with this pwnser.

I'd prefer a katana and a wakizashi, but if not, I guess knives and darts would be fine. And if this does go ahead, thanks for putting us in it, but remeber Chris' words. They are very true.

I agree with what Chris said. If you're truly serious about making this game, it needs to be more of what this community is about, not just "things that I think are really cool that I saw in my favorite video game/anime/creepypasta.".

Another thing that bothers me is the fact that you're making yourself the lead character. It smacks of those awful self-insert/Mary Sue fanfics. If anything, the main character should be the player themselves, an unknown maybe just starting out in the KYM/internet universe. And the KYM regulars and admins give your character quests that fuel the main storyline and maybe some sidequests.

Also, the "big bad"/main conflict should be something atleast interesting Maybe you're dealing with a group of elite hackers trying to destroy memes and you need to convince 4chan to work with KYM to take them down. Or maybe you have to fight the internet itself via an anthropomorphic version of itself. Should not be something in which one of the members is vilified and it obviously bothers them.

Last edited Nov 20, 2010 at 11:28PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!