Forums / Discussion / Serious Debate

14,079 total conversations in 681 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
title fix: pewdiepie has done nothing wrong

Last posted Sep 05, 2014 at 04:34PM EDT. Added Sep 05, 2014 at 03:36PM EDT
7 posts from 6 users

Hello everyone.

A while a go i’ve made this thread:https://knowyourmeme.com/forums/serious-debate/topics/28462-the-jealousy-for-youtubers

which details on how some criticism of popular youtubers is just jealousy. Now i am focusing on Pewdiepie because the hatred is getting out of hand, it is like one of the most hated channels i have seen in this community.

The first criticism i’ll address is “he’s just in it for the money” and to that i say:who cares? no seriously, because by that logic that would be a genuine reason to hate some comedians. Some comedians want to be paid because comedy takes effort and the people who do it like to be rewarded for their effort. Otherwise for some being comedian is worthless. In fact being paid can be a pretty good motivator to keep doing comedy.

And that is just assuming that he really is in it for the money.

Which leads to my next point but first i am going to relay a question i asked my mother. since we’re both muslims i asked her about the morality about the whole situation and she said: “do not assume what they truly think, judge by what they do”. In other words what Pewdiepie’s ‘real’ reason as to why he makes videos, what he thinks of his fans or what he thinks of his detractors is none of your business. You can not read someone’s mind with a statement he made online, yet the critics assume what he thinks as if they are master psychologists or psychics.

And aren’t we forgetting his apology video? He apologised for the comment he made and the rape jokes he used to make. He never made a rape joke ever again stating it was offensive. And about the comment he made? He was joking and being immature on purpose because the video was very immature. And for those who say “what a hyppocrite” he is immature on camera for the sake of comedy and you don’t know what he is like behind the screen.

Oh and if you criticise Pewdiepie for the offensive jokes and like psychicpebbles you are a goddamn hypocrite.

Final nail in the coffin is the criticism about him doing charity just for the sake of getting a better
reputation. Again the purpose behind it is none of your business but to a lot of people's views are:

reputation > charity.

You can probably guess why this PISSES ME OFF. When he donate $250,000 to charity he basically gave starving and/or dehydrated kids an arm and a leg and you are telling me that his previous reputation on youtube is more important i say.

Fuck you.

Do you know what it is like to be dehydrated, starving or be contracted with ebola? i’ve only tasted dehydration. And it is not the full story.

if you ever made the invalid criticism about his charity you are pretentious little shit.

Added: a lot of people didn't understand what i was talking about when i was addressing nononifier. So the fault is on me for not making it clear enough.

So by changing the title i've made it short and straight to the point.

The quality of pewdiepie's content is irrelevent because that is not what we are discussing in this thread.

if you don't like pewdiepie as a content creator and just that, then he is not your cup of tea and it is completely fine.

Last edited Sep 05, 2014 at 03:44PM EDT

Baron O Beefdip wrote:

Your last thread was locked for a reason. The fact that you're bringing it back with virtually the same argument shows you didn't learn a thing.

look at the added part.
that is the part where i address people who didn't know what i said.

I'm not even going to bother. You still refuse to listen to differing opinions, as shown by the "fuck you" that's still in the middle of your post.

I don't even care. Locking.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!