Forums / Discussion / Serious Debate

14,079 total conversations in 681 threads

+ New Thread

Long Island Murder-Suicide

Last posted Nov 01, 2014 at 06:56PM EDT. Added Oct 29, 2014 at 04:33PM EDT
4 posts from 3 users

I was checking a fantasy football game on Facebook when I came across this on the "Trending" bar. Here's an article about it. In short, a man took a SUNY Farmingdale professor and beheaded her (he was believed to be her son), dragged her body outside, and then jumped in front of a Long Island Railroad train. His body was found a mile away.

Due to the date on which it occurred, some people thought her corpse was a Halloween prop:

Other neighbors thought it was a cool trick and went over to try to lift the body, only to discover, upon touching it, that it was flesh and bone.

The reason I'm sharing this is because this happened in Farmingdale – the town I'm originally from. When I saw this on the Trending bar, I got a knot in my stomach. Plus, the comments on some of the posts about it pissed me off to no end, like:

"ISIS is here folks, in OUR WH too."
"Muslims have no problem [performing beheadings] and then playing soccer with the head afterwards."
"When you push God out, in comes satan and his army Of demons through the gaping hole. America is no longer blessed."
"I don't remember having to worry about being beheaded when GW [Bush] was president…

Okay, fine, the top article when I clicked on it was for some reason Fox Faux News', so I may have cheated a bit here. But I saw a few like this on News 12 Long Island's page, too. Though in all honesty, what do you guys think about this?

The Dawn Is Your Jimmy said:

…thought her corpse was a Halloween prop…

Reminds me of the witch (really, tried to get the City Council to overturn it's ban on fortune telling and owned a small occult store by the high school) that was stabbed to death by her husband on Halloween in my old neighborhood. Everyone thought the police tape and "Do Not Enter: Crime Scene" notices on the door were just Halloween decorations.

Newsday wrote:

A Farmingdale woman opened her front door Friday night expecting trick-or-treaters but was instead confronted by a gang of armed intruders that robbed the home, pistol-whipped her husband and tied up the family, all with the couple's 2-year-old son in the home, Nassau County police said.

What the fuck did me leaving do to this town?!

Jersey Jimmy wrote:

Newsday wrote:

A Farmingdale woman opened her front door Friday night expecting trick-or-treaters but was instead confronted by a gang of armed intruders that robbed the home, pistol-whipped her husband and tied up the family, all with the couple's 2-year-old son in the home, Nassau County police said.

What the fuck did me leaving do to this town?!

ThePurge.jpg

But no seriously, that's horrible.
Maybe you should move back? :v

Last edited Nov 01, 2014 at 06:57PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!