Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,707 total conversations in 1,732 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
Problem with upvotes/karma...?

Last posted Mar 14, 2012 at 07:58PM EDT. Added Feb 17, 2012 at 12:33AM EST
14 posts from 8 users

Here goes:
Every now and then when I do a thumbs up/karma + it seems to "not actually give" the vote. When I initially click to vote, it shows that I did. But when I go back on the page later it would still show the option to vote on the user's post, and would have no indication that I previously voted on the comment.
Happens around ~80% of the time in the comments and ~30% in the forums.
I have tried this on multiple browsers on multiple computers and has not been solved.
Voting a second time doesn't work, so don't tell me to do that herp derp.

If this has been addressed before then…whatever. I really don't want to look around the forums to find if this has been posted or not. If anything, it shows this is happening to more than one user.

opspe wrote:

Worked for me…

Oh yeah and just to be clear, don't start thinking I made this so people could test this out by giving me free kramas. I'm not a douche like that.

I don't know if it happens to anyone else, but I'm somewhat hoping someone may know what is going on here and could help me fix the problem.

@IHC – No, I know you wouldn't. It's just your post was convenient.

@Anako – I have that problem too. It seems to count the vote, but not register it as mine.

While everyone is debating about the existance of the karma system, I'd like to bump an old issue.

I can up/down vote forum posts all fine, but for images or entry comments, it saves the up/down vote I selected, but the number reverts to the previous value and it doesn't show in my profile.

Since I only made an account here so that I could up vote things I found funny, does anyone know how to fix it?

tl;dr
QQ @ broken karma system

Bloodworth wrote:

While everyone is debating about the existance of the karma system, I'd like to bump an old issue.

I can up/down vote forum posts all fine, but for images or entry comments, it saves the up/down vote I selected, but the number reverts to the previous value and it doesn't show in my profile.

Since I only made an account here so that I could up vote things I found funny, does anyone know how to fix it?

tl;dr
QQ @ broken karma system

Only the karma from forum posts shows up in your profile.

In other places, it's just to show popular comments and hide unpopular ones.

Bloodworth wrote:

But what I'm saying is that although the site saves the thumbs up/down (icon) I choose for a comment/image, the +-1 isn't saved……

this is the first i;ve heard of this one? :( thats a bummer. when was the last time you tested it?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!