Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

the be all and end all answer to all these crappy entries that flood our submissions/deadpool page

Last posted Nov 16, 2012 at 01:32PM EST. Added Nov 12, 2012 at 10:54AM EST
15 posts from 11 users

alright, so we can't restrict BNMs from making shitty new entries

alright, so you mods can't restrict us from spamming said shitty new entries with our deadpooling comments

actually yes we can, yes we can to BOTH of those things

I think this message should appear to the entry maker right after he submits that entry

"thank you for submitting this entry, before it is shown publicly it must wait until the approval of the mods"

fixes everything

now please provide arguements

alright, so you mods can’t restrict us from spamming said shitty new entries with our deadpooling comments

Site rules:

Keep it relevant. If you have nothing to say on a particular subject, you can skip the topic and move on.

So basically, we can.

The question here is, do you want us to? Seeing how you commonly make yourself guilty of getting rustled, suddenly risking bans for making those comments certainly weighs a lot on you.

Also, here's an issue with it:

What if only one mod says to let it stay, due to it being present in an area that mod is an expert yet others know rat shit about, amongst other reasons? What if the first mod that spots the entry request denies it, because he doesn't know (everything) about it or simply hates it, even though everyone else agrees with allowing it? Will that entry be removed forever even though it's legit?

What's the limit of mods? How many mods need to agree with it for it to be allowed, along with the amount that needs to deny it for removal? Not to forget that only a small portion of mods check their mail daily, plus the risk of laziness, which makes it that legit entries can take days before finally being up.

Last edited Nov 12, 2012 at 12:30PM EST

Yeah, the +1 deadpool spam does break the relevancy rules and when it turns into a personal attack on OP, breaks the rules on making the site a friendly place. I have banned people for the latter because it's unnecessary and makes the site really hostile for new people which is the exact opposite of what we want. Same with uploading Deadpool pics to those galleries, there is absolutely no reason to do that.

Rest assured, entries made by people who don't know how to use the site can be really frustrating for us, too. Admins get emails for every entry created.* It gets taken care of pretty quickly due to the amount of people with the ability to deadpool.

*edited because i forgot which email it went to

Last edited Nov 12, 2012 at 01:51PM EST

@RandomMan:
"What if only one mod says to let it stay, due to it being present in an area that mod is an expert yet others know rat shit about, amongst other reasons?"

let it stay, there's no reason a mod would mess around like that if it's actually a bad meme

"What if the first mod that spots the entry request denies it, because he doesn’t know (everything) about it or simply hates it, even though everyone else agrees with allowing it?"

I think a good system can be thought out for percentage of mods agreeing/disagreeing on posting it publicly. If a mod doesn't know much about it, can't it be quickly google searched to see about the results? or just not vote on it and see if other mods know anything? if everyone but one person agrees with it isn't it obvious it should at LEAST be put public?

"What’s the limit of mods? How many mods need to agree with it for it to be allowed, along with the amount that needs to deny it for removal?"

I dunno how you guys work, but for sorting out garbage entries this should be super easy to deal with, as for the mod system

the reason for this is just to not waste the time of the people browsing submitted entries
or to humor these shitposters

Amanda wrote:

Mods and admins get emails for every entry created.

Actually Amanda, we don't. We get mails for every request and suggestion made, but we don't get a heads up each time an entry is created.

Taco wrote:

If a mod doesn’t know much about it, can’t it be quickly google searched to see about the results?

If only commentators would do that each time before posting "+1 Deadpool".

Last edited Nov 12, 2012 at 01:27PM EST

RandomMan wrote:

Amanda wrote:

Mods and admins get emails for every entry created.

Actually Amanda, we don't. We get mails for every request and suggestion made, but we don't get a heads up each time an entry is created.

Taco wrote:

If a mod doesn’t know much about it, can’t it be quickly google searched to see about the results?

If only commentators would do that each time before posting "+1 Deadpool".

Oh, derp, I thought the email went to sitemods but it actually goes to research, which is admins.

Password is "Taco" wrote:

I think a good system can be thought out for percentage of mods agreeing/disagreeing on posting it publicly. If a mod doesn’t know much about it, can’t it be quickly google searched to see about the results? or just not vote on it and see if other mods know anything?

But isn't it better to ask the people if they've heard of it or if they have no idea what it is. If for example 30-40 people go to a new entry and comment you can get a better idea of what it is instead of just asking 10-15 people (mods).

If a new entry is made public, more people can review it and say it sucks or they can say they've seen this before.

Someone is bound to say something important and constructive on public entries, as more people get to see it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Password is "Taco" wrote:
the reason for this is just to not waste the time of the people browsing submitted entries or to humor these shitposters

But the people choose what entries they browse and what entries they ignore. See a crappy entry title, ignore it if you wish – you're not forced to view it. Wanna post something constructive? Then view the entry.

Also, I heard that mods have lives and don't check stuff constantly. This means that there would be delays in approving the entries.
Last edited Nov 12, 2012 at 02:07PM EST

I don't mind the horrible shitty Faggotry we call, deadpooled entries, I love hating on them and also see how the op is stupid. My suggestion is to have a time limit on KYM before you can start making entries. Talk about it on the forum, I don't know ,but the whole moderators have to confirm your entry to go through research, and deem deadpool or confirmed.
A great article looks good now, but when first made it could look shitty.
Moderators will look at the article and deem it, "Deadpool or just pointless."

RandomMan wrote:

alright, so you mods can’t restrict us from spamming said shitty new entries with our deadpooling comments

Site rules:

Keep it relevant. If you have nothing to say on a particular subject, you can skip the topic and move on.

So basically, we can.

The question here is, do you want us to? Seeing how you commonly make yourself guilty of getting rustled, suddenly risking bans for making those comments certainly weighs a lot on you.

Also, here's an issue with it:

What if only one mod says to let it stay, due to it being present in an area that mod is an expert yet others know rat shit about, amongst other reasons? What if the first mod that spots the entry request denies it, because he doesn't know (everything) about it or simply hates it, even though everyone else agrees with allowing it? Will that entry be removed forever even though it's legit?

What's the limit of mods? How many mods need to agree with it for it to be allowed, along with the amount that needs to deny it for removal? Not to forget that only a small portion of mods check their mail daily, plus the risk of laziness, which makes it that legit entries can take days before finally being up.

Er, I'm going to have to say that the comments on deadpooling are relevant, provided they go into detail as to why the entry should be deadpooled.
Just +1 Deadpool = no information, not relevant, but an actual explanation of why the entry lacks relevance is.

alright, so you mods can’t restrict us from spamming said shitty new entries with our deadpooling comments.

Au contraire. We have a marvelous option that is called "allow/forbid new comments to be posted" in every entry. If we don't hit it as often as we should, it's because of our tolerance, love, and an utopian hope that you, users, will be acting mature.
We should use this option more often, actually…

Last edited Nov 16, 2012 at 06:40AM EST

About the relevance of the comments being against the rules:

Last I checked, there was no link to the rules in any of the comments sections. I don't think we can complain about anyone breaking said rules if they are not easily accessed by that section of the community.

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Last I checked, there was no link to the rules in any of the comments sections. I don't think we can complain about anyone breaking said rules if they are not easily accessed by that section of the community.

That is an extremely good point. There really should be.

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

That is a good point. It also doesn't help that it's called "forum rules" despite them really being site rules.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!