Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,698 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
Please help a newfag!

Last posted Jan 25, 2013 at 01:30PM EST. Added Jan 25, 2013 at 01:15PM EST
2 posts from 2 users

You're probably going to downvote this post since i will sound like a newfag. But when I try uploading a video on a comment or someones (or my own) wall it just shows a tiny, white square like the video is trying to load up. I try uploading videos the same way I upload images btw (The pic url in bedded in exclamation marks like !picurl123!).

Meh, this is what the Site-Related board is for…or close enough. I'd rather people ask than to get frustrated with the site.

Anyway, I think that's your problem. Videos aren't uploaded like images are. The link goes to RandomMan's Textile guide which actually shows you what HTML and Textile stuff you can use on the site.

The !ImageURL.jpg! Textile set up works for images, but you'll just need to embed the code for YouTube for YouTube videos:

Since this image is outdated with the new-look YouTube, I'll post this link here as well. It should work for comments and forum posts on KYM.

The code should look something like this:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zhxfCWaXYIo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just copy and paste it into your post.

And you'll get this:

If it doesn't make sense, then let me know on my wall or through a private message, and I'll walk you through it via wall posts or PMs. Just click on my name to the left of this post to get to my profile.

Last edited Jan 25, 2013 at 01:34PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!