Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,698 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

Malware?

Last posted Feb 05, 2013 at 10:05PM EST. Added Feb 04, 2013 at 01:26AM EST
8 posts from 8 users

I went to the URL in the screenshot (i.e., your account activity on page 2), and I didn't get that message.

My guess is that something you linked eventually changed to have something that might be dangerous. That happens on a few of the older forum pages. The posts are fine to begin with, but then a link ends up leading to something that had become dangerous or something.

There won't be actual malware on the page, it generally is just an image linked from a site that Google Chrome decided to freak out about.

A direct image link is very unlikely to actually give you malware, so it should not be something to worry about.

I've been getting the same on some of the older images and stuff. Most of the time it's been showing that someone embedded a picture from funnyjunk into the comments. No worries I think, because it's biased towards that whole site being malware. Only happened last night though, no idea if that has changed.

Dorito5 wrote:

I've been getting the same on some of the older images and stuff. Most of the time it's been showing that someone embedded a picture from funnyjunk into the comments. No worries I think, because it's biased towards that whole site being malware. Only happened last night though, no idea if that has changed.

Those happen on occasion, but it commonly involves images embed from external resources. Although the source is a risk, the image itself is not, so it's not something to worry about by itself.

What suprises me more is that you got it from a FunnyJunk image, as those commonly disappear when you embed them. Reason for this might be that the image was from a mirror site of FunnyJunk, one that does contain a malware risk.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!