27,698 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

NSFW warning for image stream?

Last posted Jan 18, 2010 at 07:02PM EST. Added Jan 11, 2010 at 04:51PM EST
11 posts from 8 users

@Zombie:
This page.

@Thread:
Glancing over it, I see no NSFW images. I see no reason to do such a thing. Yeah, we do get NSFW images occasionally, but the admins are pretty quick to dispose of such content. We'll see how it goes with mods, hopefully it'll improve the response time.

@Chris:
That's a good idea. To build on that, how about you're required to tag it as either SFW or NSFW when uploading. People who are not logged in can't see NSFW images, and users who are logged in have the option to hide NSFW images, should they choose to do so.

I think it's a good idea.
In fact, I actually replicated such a feature with a few Garfield edits I submitted: by making a two-frame animation that's set to only play once – the first frame containing a blurred version of the comic with a warning on it and the second frame containing the actual comic. The thumbnails only play the first frame, so the viewers can be safe while they view! -crickets chirping-

But slightly back to the point, I agree with both Shadowfury's and Jack Candle's ideas. A show/hide button may be in order.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!