Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,702 total conversations in 1,732 threads

+ New Thread

Comments on low-quality entries

Last posted Mar 30, 2010 at 03:43PM EDT. Added Mar 29, 2010 at 05:26PM EDT
3 posts from 3 users

Seriously guys, putting "+1 deadpool" on every entry you don't like is useless. If you see a bad article, either give help on improving it, or simply state it isn't a meme. This seems better than spitting in the article's face, amirite?

This is the third thread concerning this issue, and that's only from the first page. We have had many discussions on this issue, it's been around for months. However, the people who frequent the forums don't seem to be the problem. If we want to fix this, we'll need to set an example for the target audience (usually the people who are new to the site) by not posting "+1 confirm/deadpool/work" on entries. When someone does post that, politely remind them that this behavior is discouraged. Making threads about it does nothing to alleviate the issue.
I'm not saying that it is a bad thing to express your opinion on an entry. On the contrary, I would like to encourage people to express their thoughts on entries, however, I don't consider posting "+1 confirm" expression of one's opinion. Instead, I would like to see people being cooperative and helpful by expressing their thoughts and offering constructive criticisms to improve the entry and/or contribute their findings.

Last edited Mar 30, 2010 at 12:20AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!