Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,709 total conversations in 1,733 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
New to KYM. I've got a couple questions:

Last posted Mar 12, 2011 at 12:55AM EST. Added Feb 13, 2011 at 09:07PM EST
17 posts from 9 users

Any answers you could give would be appriciated. First off, what do the names over certain memes mean, such as trending, notable, etc.? Second, in the comments, I'm seeing quite a few people saying either "+1 confirm" or +1 downpool or something. What is this I don't even…

Momentarily, someone will come on this thread and give you a lengthy, overly technical answer that will boil down to, "Well, it really doesn't mean anything." No, seriously.

Welcome to the site, Paradoxed.

For starters, Ashbot 2.3 pretty much nailed it with the "+1 Whatever" comments. They don't really mean anything and they don't affect the entries in any way whatsoever. Their only real function is to show what a user's personal feelings are regarding a meme entry (not necessarily the meme itself).

The first question though isn't answered properly. Each tag has a significant meaning and here's what I interpret them to mean:

HELP – This refers to meme articles that Staff Members and Entry Moderators need help researching for as they've probably hit a dead end.
KYM BLOG – This refers to miscellaneous blog posts on the KYM blog
KYM CONTEST – This refers to notable contests held by KYM users on the forums
KYM EPISODE – This refers to new meme episodes that KYM has cooked up for the users
KYM INSTITUTE – This refers to miscellaneous information about the KYM headquarters and its workers that the Staff Members want to share with the users
KYM NEWS – This refers to news regarding the site itself (i.e. upgrades and renovations)
KYM WORKSHOP – This refers to notable projects that the KYM users can do or are already doing (i.e. notable forum games)
MEME REVIEW – This refers to a review a Staff Member made regarding an already existing meme article
NOTABLE – This refers to which memes were, at the time, regarded as notable by the KYM Staff Members
REBLOGGED – This basically refers to something KYM reblogged from some other blog
SPOTLIGHT – This refers to a usually unrecognized or forgotten memes so as to make them more public to users of the site, the purpose of which is to help create a vaster knowledge of existing memes for the users
TRENDING – This refers to memes that are not yet notable but are recognized by the Staff Members as something worth watching for
UPDATED – This refers to a notable update made to a specific meme article
VIRAL MEDIA – This refers to miscellaneous things which have gone viral, meme-related or not

And… that's about all the tags I know of. Hope this was helpful at the very least.

Hope to see you around more. Have a nice day!

Hey everyone. I'm new to KYM too and I'd like to know where I have to look in order to only see the present day's entries. If I go to MEMES i only see "Featured", "Popular", "Confirmed", "Submissions", "Deadpool" and "All".

Is there a place where I can only view the "trending" ones or the day's entries ?

Thanks in advance and have a great day everyone!

Olivia Gulin wrote:

Unforunately, there is no system currently in place to sort entries aside from those given categories, user search and the tags within each entry. :(

I see. Well I'll manually search for them then :D

Thanks so much for the reply! Have a nice day :)

Paradoxed wrote:

Any answers you could give would be appriciated. First off, what do the names over certain memes mean, such as trending, notable, etc.? Second, in the comments, I'm seeing quite a few people saying either "+1 confirm" or +1 downpool or something. What is this I don't even…

Stay away from forums or someone who imitates desu will stalk you

Last edited Mar 11, 2011 at 11:16PM EST

Paradoxed wrote:

have fun. If you want to be an editor I have a meme that needs editing

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!