Forums / Media / Video Games

38,630 total conversations in 2,701 threads

+ New Thread

Worlds Chat

Last posted Sep 12, 2014 at 08:02PM EDT. Added Sep 06, 2014 at 02:46PM EDT
6 posts from 3 users

Since the other Worlds.com thread was locked due to inactivity, I decided to post a new one.

Now, this is not quite a game. It's a virtual world from the 90s that hasn't seen the light of day for years. Some of you are probably aware of this virtual world, mostly because 4chan had dug it up a couple of years ago. Another way that someone may have found out is by Vinesauce. Vinny explored it along with a couple of other people.

Here's some useful info about the avatars, Worldsmark, etc…

We could schedule a time to explore it.

I've considered downloading the little client, but it comes from that shady time of the Internet where everything was often bundled with spyware and other sketchy shit. What am I looking at if I download this thing?

MIMU wrote:

I've considered downloading the little client, but it comes from that shady time of the Internet where everything was often bundled with spyware and other sketchy shit. What am I looking at if I download this thing?

As far as I know, there's no viruses but you can scan the files for viruses if you want to.

Mawile wrote:

As far as I know, there's no viruses but you can scan the files for viruses if you want to.

Alright, how about other sketchy things such as non-optional toolbars or download "accelerators" like Akamai?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!