Forums / Media / Video Games

38,611 total conversations in 2,699 threads

+ New Thread

2K Sports' Biased Views And How I Can't Get A Refund

Last posted Nov 09, 2014 at 02:20PM EST. Added Oct 31, 2014 at 01:39PM EDT
5 posts from 4 users

Link

So, for those of you who don't know, I'm a fan of wrestling and I like playing wrestling games. So, I was waiting anxiously to see how this year's WWE game would be. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of owning an Xbox 360. To get to the point, 2K Games has removed so much "create a __" content that it forcefully limits the freedom players who only own current-gen consoles have. I did not quite mind the removal of create a finisher or create a story, as I hardly used them, but the game only offers 2 pages worth of entrance animations compared to 11 in WWE 2k14. And of course, I can't get a refund thanks to Gamestop's policies. So I just ask for the $60 back that I spent on it just to make up for it.

Well kinda sucks to be you, but it's also your fault. You could have easily done research on the title and looked into what you were buying before you bought it so you would have known if you would enjoy it or not. That's the entire point of game reviews.

EDIT: Also, what in the hell does this have to do with "biased views"? They put more content on the newer gen console so that automatically makes them biased? No it doesn't, it just means they're trying to motivate people to buy the new gen console, same as any other company would do.

Last edited Oct 31, 2014 at 01:59PM EDT

Crimeariver wrote:

Well kinda sucks to be you, but it's also your fault. You could have easily done research on the title and looked into what you were buying before you bought it so you would have known if you would enjoy it or not. That's the entire point of game reviews.

EDIT: Also, what in the hell does this have to do with "biased views"? They put more content on the newer gen console so that automatically makes them biased? No it doesn't, it just means they're trying to motivate people to buy the new gen console, same as any other company would do.

I did do the research. And 2K Games was hardly releasing any actual content pertaining to ANY version of the game. And these changes are not easily found just with a general search. And this is not about them putting more content on next-gen consoles. I've understood that for years when I was still playing the Playstation 2 versions. This is them punishing current-gen players who can't afford a next-gen console by removing content that had no reason to be removed. Part of the fun of these games was the creativity, and by limiting that, it's just removing the replay-ability.

Crimeariver wrote:

2K has released barely any content announcements preceding to the release of WWE 2K15.

I don't blame OP, we got no gameplay seen or any information.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!