Forums / Media / Video Games

38,604 total conversations in 2,698 threads

+ New Thread

Worst Videogame Characters

Last posted Mar 25, 2015 at 08:06PM EDT. Added Mar 16, 2015 at 02:41AM EDT
32 posts from 29 users

NintenDylan wrote:

Lester the Unlikely: This pathetic excuse of a character is not only a horrible character, but is also the worst hero in gaming. I mean who the fuck runs away from a slow ass turtle?

Someone who knows what's good for him.
We're very dangerous.

Kaepora Gaebora.

I don't find him as annoying as I used to, but he's still the king of TL;DR.

MGS2 raiden is underrated. He's not that bad of a character, let alone worst character in all of gaming.

This asshole on the other hand….

Last edited Mar 16, 2015 at 11:05AM EDT

Celestia Ludenburg wrote:

MGS2 raiden is underrated. He's not that bad of a character, let alone worst character in all of gaming.

This asshole on the other hand….

Is that the tagalong asshole from Jedi Academy? The one who dies by jumping over a river? (Fucking glitch.) Then sics a training droid on you for shiggles? I never got that far due to lack of attention span, but fuck that kid.

Fighting the urge to post Lana…

"I'M OMOCHAO! I'LL CONSTANTLY BE IN YOUR WAY TO SPOUT OBVIOUS TUTORIALS IN A HORRENDOUS VOICE!" The only consolation is that you can pick up and throw the bastard against a wall if you cared to.

Ayy faight me IRL fuck you I bet u kiss cocks u fgt fuck you Devil May fuck never died, pls liek this reboot fuck you it doesn't matter if you don't like it, capcom does so fuck you and fuck you and FUCK YOU
Before you karma my ass to hell, I hate Dante NOT the game. The game mechanics and boss fights are pretty good but when your protagonist is shit and a complete asshole, not even a boss like Armstrong can make up for that.

Last edited Mar 16, 2015 at 03:36PM EDT

Hold up, Raiden was top notch in MGS2, actually one of my favourite characters in the entire series.

Revengeance did nothing but completely trash his original character & turn him into a generic psychopath. Yeah the game was still good but that doesn't change the fact that all the character development achieved throughout MGS2 & MGS4 counted for pretty much nothing.

Laika wrote:

Hold up, Raiden was top notch in MGS2, actually one of my favourite characters in the entire series.

Revengeance did nothing but completely trash his original character & turn him into a generic psychopath. Yeah the game was still good but that doesn't change the fact that all the character development achieved throughout MGS2 & MGS4 counted for pretty much nothing.

Call me naiv, but i think they could use that "generic psychopath" trait to show how much he is same with Solidus. George Sears wasn't a bad guy, buth his methods were terrible. Jack isn't a villain, but killing cyborgs who are forced to fight? That just the same thing Jack! You just like your stepfather!

Last edited Mar 16, 2015 at 04:21PM EDT

@Dr. UnGrammar a.k.a. Névtelenség

Raiden wasn't anything like Solidus in his adult (circa 2008) life, it was only throughout his childhood where he had been manipulated into killing that he resembled him. Even then Raiden suppressed those memories and became the naiv inexperienced "kid" we came to know in MGS2 he had already long moved on from his "Jack the Ripper" days. On a meta level it was also so the player could relate with the character. I could talk about this shit for hours, especially Solidus.

Revengeance just played on Raiden's past and recreated his character with it, all of the "I don't want to talk about it" shit in MGS2 goes to prove that he had already moved past the point and the only thing MGR did was take him straight back.

I bet they were laughing at how lucky they were with that backstory just waiting to be dredged up

@Raiden

Yeah, sometimes I feel like the only one who liked Raiden in MGS2, but it looks like I'm not completely alone. I loved his story and his character in that game. In 4 he didn't have that much development (at least not on the level of MGS2 which is expected since it's not his game), but he was also cool in that one. I feel like most people hate MGS2 Raiden because they'd rather be Snake and resent being bait and switched. Overall I've noticed that's one of the major reasons the game overall is so controversial. There are other reasons of course, but that's the one I see every time.

About MGR's plot and MGR Raiden, I think the game is awesome plot-wise when it's seen as stand-alone, but sometimes I wish it wasn't canon because it just shits on everything else established in the series before. Kojima just doesn't care about what happens after 4, but I really wish it wasn't canon. Oh well, that's what headcanon's for right?

Laika wrote:

@Dr. UnGrammar a.k.a. Névtelenség

Raiden wasn't anything like Solidus in his adult (circa 2008) life, it was only throughout his childhood where he had been manipulated into killing that he resembled him. Even then Raiden suppressed those memories and became the naiv inexperienced "kid" we came to know in MGS2 he had already long moved on from his "Jack the Ripper" days. On a meta level it was also so the player could relate with the character. I could talk about this shit for hours, especially Solidus.

Revengeance just played on Raiden's past and recreated his character with it, all of the "I don't want to talk about it" shit in MGS2 goes to prove that he had already moved past the point and the only thing MGR did was take him straight back.

I bet they were laughing at how lucky they were with that backstory just waiting to be dredged up

Well, you got some very good point there.
Honestly, i can't talk objectively about Raiden or Solidus. Because they are my favourite characters. And still, Kojima was freakin cruel with them! :(
Of course, Jack got a nice ending in the Solid series, but poor Solidus technically died in the most horrible way. While the series real monsters (BB, Zero) literally get away with every crime. Damn!

But yeah, it's not the topic where we should talk about this. So i finish the OFF.
By the way: Laika, Sam! You guys are awesome!

Garrick, from Baldur's Gate 1. I hate him for his stats and because of his annoying personality.

Bards are supposed to be a "Jack of All Trades" style class: They can cast some spells, have some thieving skills, and have some combat abilities. However, they're hard to manage, and you basically need to gear/buff them up quickly. More experienced players have no problem doing this IF they make the protagonist a bard. However, it's a different story for the two Bard companions, Eldoth and Garrick.

Garrick is completely lackluster in ALL respects. He only manages to get a +2 bonus from Dexterity. His intelligence is too low to reliably scribe scrolls into his spell book, his constitution is bad, his strength doesn't add any bonuses, and his charisma doesn't get you any discounts from shops. He has the weakest morale of any other NPC companion in the game, and will often run from fights. His only use is to be the sacrificial lamb for monsters. He is the medieval fantasy version of Wesley Crusher.

Personality wise, he's even worse. He has a very whiny, nasally voice. His alignment is Chaotic Neutral, but he constantly whines about many choices that negatively affect reputation.

If, for some reason you enjoy inflicting pain on yourself, there's unique dialogue that occurs if you have Skie (a useless thief) and Eldoth (the equally useless bard) in your party.

Eldoth is an evil, sleazy, narcissistic, selfish chauvinist. Eldoth's quest involves going into the city of Baldur's Gate in order to "rescue" Skie, the spoiled daughter of a Grand Duke, Entar Silvershield. After the "quest" to get her is over, Eldoth drops the nice guy facade, and starts treating her like garbage.

Stat-wise, Eldoth is pretty mediocre. He has the unique ability to create acid arrows every day, but his dexterity is too low to properly use them (a paltry 12). Like, Garrick, he is also too stupid to properly scribe spells into his spellbook.

Skie is also extremely annoying, due to her pampered lifestyle. ("I have a cold!" "My feet are sore!" "I have a headache." "Let's go shopping!" are some of her generic dialogue lines.) In terms of stats, she is okay. However, the option to recruit her is relatively late in the game, in she will pale in comparison to other thieves, like Imoen. Skie will only remain in your party if Eldoth is in it, and vice versa.

Garrick is able to see past Eldoth's false love for Skie. Well, anyone can, really, when you hear their dialogue:
Skie: "Eldoth, why do you treat our companions so badly?"
Eldoth: "Be quiet, Skie! It's not like your opinion is worth anything…"

Skie will compliment Garrick on his musical skills, and Garrick develops a crush on her. Garrick will frequently attempt to point out Eldoth's bad points and try to win Skie over, but he's promptly put in the friend zone, because she fervently believes Eldoth actually gives a fuck about her. This just emphasizes how pathetic Garrick is. In fact, I think he might be the proto version of an /r9k/ user.

Last edited Mar 19, 2015 at 05:39PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!