Forums / Media / Websites

2,574 total conversations in 245 threads

+ New Thread

How's life on other forums?

Last posted Jan 15, 2015 at 04:05AM EST. Added Jan 02, 2015 at 04:07PM EST
18 posts from 15 users

Most of us go on more forums than just one. And we probably have at least one story or good friend that we could talk about… Or maybe they have a really interesting userbase… Or maybe you just want to list and compare all the forums you are in. It doesn't matter what exactly you want talk about, as long as it's about other forums! :D

I haven't gone on many other real forums than this. I've just recently signed up for Brawl in the Family's forum, but I'm still waiting on my posting privileges to be activated. I've also been on this Warrior Cats Roleplay forum, but to be honest I was too afraid to jump into any roleplays. XD

I've mostly been on Roleplay forums on Fanfiction.net, but they are vastly different than real forums. They have a lot less members, there are no sub-forums, you can't friend/follow people… Stuff like that. So I'm not very used to all these features KYM has. For the first time ever I can experience the joy of getting three Karma points, or getting my first follower! :D

Cecaelia Girlie wrote:

Most of us go on more forums than just one. And we probably have at least one story or good friend that we could talk about… Or maybe they have a really interesting userbase… Or maybe you just want to list and compare all the forums you are in. It doesn't matter what exactly you want talk about, as long as it's about other forums! :D

I haven't gone on many other real forums than this. I've just recently signed up for Brawl in the Family's forum, but I'm still waiting on my posting privileges to be activated. I've also been on this Warrior Cats Roleplay forum, but to be honest I was too afraid to jump into any roleplays. XD

I've mostly been on Roleplay forums on Fanfiction.net, but they are vastly different than real forums. They have a lot less members, there are no sub-forums, you can't friend/follow people… Stuff like that. So I'm not very used to all these features KYM has. For the first time ever I can experience the joy of getting three Karma points, or getting my first follower! :D

All I know is, Steam forums are godawful, thanks to some of the moderators spazzing out and banning people for reasons like this (this was my friend's one):
Ban notification from a Steam Community Moderator -- Sep 23, 2014 @ 4:45pm
You have been banned from Steam Discussions
You have been banned from Steam Discussions by a Steam Community Moderator for your post in "Off Topic":
Originally posted by BRB:
Originally posted by TheAnonymousGoat:
Shrek.
How I shrek?
Delete system 32.

Ban Reason:
Suggesting something, even as a joke, that could wipe someone's computer is not a good idea.

Please review the Discussions Rules and Guidelines.

This is a permanent ban.

Whereas spamming threads and repeatedly asking stupid questions on threads is perfectly fine.

Hmmm…..
I think the worst forum I've seen is Pokemon RP: The Chinese Knockoff. This is the summary:

Ever wanted a forum with few rules and tons of one sentence posts? Look no further. This is the Chinese knockoff of Pokemon Universe.

If this isn't bad enough, the admin's a douche and most people are having crappy, creepy, Pokemon on Pokemon lemon RPs in there.

I've been around many forums. Most were pretty good, filled with ordinary people who just gather around to discuss a specific topic. We made friends, talked about tings we liked and joked around. Mind you I've been going to gaming forums or tech support forums with small communities. Those are easier to manage since it's likely that everyone's got a common interest you can all talk about

Generally the bigger the forum with more broader topic ranges: the more wild and unprecedented the experience (and potentially the bigger the assholes and/or more strict the mods are)

I wanted to post on the Cracked forums, but then I found out that their mods enforce grammar and ban emoticons and will never allow post edits

Fuck that

I also would have posted on 4chan, however I was put off from the fact they have a zero fandom tolerance level. Anything remotely furry is forbidden. /mlp/ is just a quarantine zone and even just a pone macro outside of it warrants a permaban

Fuck that too

We love to say this community is shit, but honestly it's not as bad compared to others. I've been on forums with more controlling and strict mods that are addicted to banhammering. That had people with no tolerance for anything they don't like and bully it out of the forum and people with terrible opinions which they constantly get circlejerked over and permit no dissent.

Yea we get some of that too but…I've seen worse

Aswell as KYM I frequent the UK board of the Official Xbox Forum, it's good for rounding up some people and having a bit of a giggle but posting is slow and top-draw bants are usually wiped out by the mods. I enjoy the casual discussion and helping people out with their pleb-tier problem.

I'm also involved in the Stormfront forums (pls no bully) the community is probably the most solid I've seen, the sense of camaraderie between members is almost beautiful. Discussion is very on point and there is obviously no shit-posting. Bants are a-plenty but of a required taste. The only time I ever saw shit go down on that forum was when (unsurprisingly) some foreign guy paid a visit, that was in 2011

- something awful forums
- encyclopedia dramtica forums

both of which i've spent money on, I like these forums about as much as here. they have very different uh, "forum philosophies" for lack of a better term than here but variety is the spice of life.

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

I've been around many forums. Most were pretty good, filled with ordinary people who just gather around to discuss a specific topic. We made friends, talked about tings we liked and joked around. Mind you I've been going to gaming forums or tech support forums with small communities. Those are easier to manage since it's likely that everyone's got a common interest you can all talk about

Generally the bigger the forum with more broader topic ranges: the more wild and unprecedented the experience (and potentially the bigger the assholes and/or more strict the mods are)

I wanted to post on the Cracked forums, but then I found out that their mods enforce grammar and ban emoticons and will never allow post edits

Fuck that

I also would have posted on 4chan, however I was put off from the fact they have a zero fandom tolerance level. Anything remotely furry is forbidden. /mlp/ is just a quarantine zone and even just a pone macro outside of it warrants a permaban

Fuck that too

We love to say this community is shit, but honestly it's not as bad compared to others. I've been on forums with more controlling and strict mods that are addicted to banhammering. That had people with no tolerance for anything they don't like and bully it out of the forum and people with terrible opinions which they constantly get circlejerked over and permit no dissent.

Yea we get some of that too but…I've seen worse

^ I agree with pretty much everything you said. Forums on FFN are fairly small, even the big Pokemon RP forum I was on really only had like 15 recurring members plus a handful of newbs a every week that disappear after a month. But few had a poor userbase.

I too got scared away from 4chan because of it's strange rules like the "no furries" rule, plus for some reason I've always had the impression that 4chan has crappy members.

And so far, this place isn't so bad. :D

The only thing I don't really agree with is the part about Cracked forums, and that's only because I didn't even know they existed 'till you mentioned it….

8chan, all day erry day.

On /pol/ and /news+/, I learn all the latest happenings and enjoy discussion with fellows who know that Hitler did nothing wrong.
On /b/ I browse gore, pr0n, and gory pr0n.
On /int/ I represent 'Murica (fuck yeah) with a global community of shitposters
On /v/, /tg/, /a/, and /m/ for nerdy purposes.
I occasionally go on comic vine, spacebattles or tohokingdom forums, also for nerdy purposes but not as much as I did in highschool.

Long before I came across KYM, I used to go the Bungie.net forums, in particular its off-topic forum. Wasn't much of a regular poster, but I liked to lurk around and see topics and the different responses. Eventually I found KYM, but I didn't make an account until months of lurking.

Would anyone like to know the story of how me and a group of friends trolled a Fanfiction.net forum and ended up having the admin delete it?

Of course I ended up making up with said admin, (but she never actually found out I was responsible for the trolling and we probably couldn't of made up otherwise), and she DID basically remake the forum and start over, but it's still an interesting story…

My main 4chan board is /sp/, where I'm the resident Islandersfag. I'll dip into /mu/ and /mlp/ on occasion, too. I'm also a semi-regular on Shyguy's World, a Rollercoaster Tycoon forum. I've been on a Toontown Online forum called Toontask for around eight years. After that, it basically descends to lurking and unused accounts.

I've been a regular on SWATcash, Gamespot AU/Off-Topic and System War, they have good ppl there but I don't go there anymore. The only forum where I'm still active is here, and lurking 8chan. Could KYM be my home forever?

Starcraft forums:
2010 – TERRAN OP NERF PLOX
early 2011 – ZERG OP NERF PLOX
mid-late 2011 – EVERYTHING OP!!! NERF PLOX
after heart of the swarm – TOSS OP NERF PLOX

I stopped playing starcraft after that so…
endless cycle of rage and tears

I actually find KYM forum warm and welcoming

Last edited Jan 03, 2015 at 06:36PM EST

Before getting perma banned on Roblox, I posted regularly on the off topic section. It had a sizeable, consistent, and intelligent community compared to the rest of the site/game. Commissioned some art there, met some friends I'm still friends with now, and had tons of fun shitposting. Although the forum was going downhill as stricter rules (like no discussion of games other than Roblox) and many common users were banned.

Went to the Minecraft forums afterwards and mainly posted in off topic. It had a larger and more mature community than Roblox, so it was alright. Got banned several times, which resulted in me losing interest and leaving/deactivating. Although for some reason, I recieved an email everytime someone posted a thread in the server section. Ended up getting upwards of 200k emails and I've only recently managed to stop the spam and delete about 80k of them.

Came to this site in search of dank memes and Internet news. Made an account so I could post and comment and it's pretty great.

Started going to 8chan about a month ago out of curiosity and lurk /a/ /b/ /v/ /furry/ and /pone/. I haven't gotten attuned to chan culture yet, so it's still pretty weird to me. I've never been on 4/halfchan so I cant really compare the two.

I usually hang out in the crunchyroll forum. Place is nice with descent people.

There's also Kaskus, which is one of the worst forum site i've ever been in. Mods are almost non existent, ads fucking everywhere, and BS topics all over.

I can tell about a French forum about topics related to French television.

There, there are now tensions between old members and new members.

New members don't understand how our forum works, so they get help from old members. But when they keep making the same errors, it becomes a bit embarrassing. If a very grumpy old member did not start to attack the new member by saying very welcoming things like "oh, a newbie again" (this one was kind).

Or new members who want to follow their own rules (then get punished by moderators for obvious reasons) or even spread hate speech (BAN).

I salute the mods's work, they spend more and more time on it.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!