Forums / Media / Books & Comics

1,014 total conversations in 114 threads

+ New Thread

I need some new webcomics to read.

Last posted Jul 30, 2015 at 12:36PM EDT. Added Jun 18, 2015 at 03:37PM EDT
14 posts from 13 users

Well, I've been out of the loop for a while on web comics. Most of the ones I would recommend are a now complete, or I haven't kept up with them in a while. Still:

• Rice-Boy (bizarre fantasy comic)
  • Lycosa (Odd Spider comic)
  • Minus (Girl who can use her imagination to do almost anything)
  • Dresden Codak's work (odd Science stuff, HOB is complete)
  • Space Trawler (silly comic about some humans getting abducted by aliens)
  • Johnny Wander (Slice of Life about the author's actual life (FYI, they actually meet up with Dresden Codak and Rice-Boy's Authors, which is neat)
Last edited Jun 18, 2015 at 03:51PM EDT

Some of my favourites are:

El Goonish Shive (the early art is kinda suck, but it gets much better; one of my favourites)
Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal (updates daily)
Hark! A Vagrant! (great for history nerds; updates slowly, but has a big backlog)
Order of the Stick (DnD parody; has the best story of any webcomic I've ever read)
TwoKinds (a furry comic, but, like, actually good)
Girl Genius (runner-up for best story)
Housepets! (another furry-but-not-shit comic)
A Softer World (in case you like weird stuff)

Of course, I'm assuming you already know about the big ones like Penny Arcade, Dinosaur Comics, Cyanide and Happiness, and xkcd.

Last edited Jun 18, 2015 at 06:23PM EDT

Poorly Drawn Lines is always good for a laugh. Sometimes it revolves around a dumb pun or having some twist to a joke but it never fails to get a laugh out of me. The art is extremely simplistic but in a newspaper comic kind of way.

Sinfest was one of my favorite webcomics at one point, but it deviated hard from it's original purpose. Instead of being a crude, offensive, and overall hilarious comic it started to delve too much into stuff about the Patriarchy and politics about America. The comics for the first 3 or 4 years are still funny though, and sometimes the recent comics are funny. I stopped following it though cause of how ridiculous it got. Almost at Megatokyo levels of changing completely from a comedy. It's kind of like if Anita Sarkeesian took over South Park.

Oglaf has some adult content but it's actually pretty hilarious. The whole comic doesn't always revolve around making jokes about sex or masturbation, but it's a pretty substantial part of it so you have been warned.

Manly Guys Doing Manly Things is exactly what you think it is. The premise is just taking things to their logical conclusion when it comes to overly macho men. It's pretty funny, though arguably less so if you don't play video games a lot. While it's not a video game comic it constantly references them.

Awkward Zombie is a pretty funny gaming webcomic that also is about taking things to their logical conclusion.

Besides the obvious Homestuck webcomic, there is a single, very very good webcomic, that barely anybody knows about but updates weekly. It is absolutely fantastic, and reading the simple first page alone sucks in most readers.

Tower of God

Please tell me your thoughts if anyone reads this or has read it.

There's only one Webcomic I really read, which is "Random Doom"http://tamarinfrog.deviantart.com/gallery/9029073/Random-Doom-the-Series:. You'd probably have to look at the character's bios if you want to fully enjoy it though.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!