Forums / Fun! / Forum Games

64,397 total conversations in 719 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
KYM Community Building Survivor (Sign-Up / Q&A Thread)

Last posted Apr 19, 2018 at 09:27PM EDT. Added Feb 01, 2018 at 05:37AM EST
21 posts from 12 users

Intro

Last year, I started a forum game where you had to pretend you attended a fake KYM convention. It successfully ended with many Steam game prizes given out to our winners and anyone who participated!

This year, we're doing something based on Captain Blubber's old KYM "Community Building" challenges and the Survivor reality TV show.

Introducing… KYM Survivor v2.0!

How It Works
Once we have enough players signed up to play, you must complete as many challenges as you can listed in this spreadsheet. Some challenges require you to take photos without your face, take photos with your face, record your voice, draw something, type something, play video games for high scores and much more!

Each challenge is worth a hidden amount of points. Complete a challenge, then post your proof of the challenge's completion in the game thread. You can even start getting some done right now before the game even starts, but wait for the game thread before posting proof. If you do not want to publicly post a certain challenge's proof in this forum, but would rather private message me the proof, you may also do so. You can also repeat challenges for more points, but the end result has to be different from your first completion of the challenge.

At the end of each week, player's points are shown in a leaderboard, and the players who have signed up for the game can private message me who they want to vote out of the game. You cannot vote out the person who is at the top of the leaderboard as they are immune for that week. If they are at the top again in the following weeks, they will remain immune for those weeks.

Certain challenges also have bonus tasks which give you an "immunity bonus". To use these, you must earn them from doing the bonus task, and then in your private message about who you want to vote off, you must tell me that you want to use your immunity bonus for that week. Once you have used an immunity bonus, you cannot use it again. You also cannot repeat the same bonus task again to earn another immunity bonus, but you can try another challenge's bonus task to earn another immunity bonus.

If you are voted out, you can still complete challenges for points. There will still be a prize for the voted out player who remains at the top of the leaderboard. When three active (not voted out) players remain in the game, the voted out players will private message me who they want to win the entire game and soon, the winner will be named, prizes will be given, and the game will end!

FAQ

I cannot do a certain challenge, it is impossible and/or I do not have the time/resources/skills, etc.

You don't have to attempt ALL of the challenges in the order they are presented. You also don't have to do a good job at the challenges (e.g. all your drawing submissions are MS paint-quality art). What matters is the proof that you have completed a challenge to the best of your ability (and if you have utterly failed a task, submit proof of the end result anyway as that might be enough to complete it).

I have done every single challenge. What next?

First of all, how? Second of all, apart from repeating challenges for more points, there's not much you can do besides waiting each week to vote people out or get voted out yourself (if you're not already).

What is the prize for the overall winner of the game and the winner of the points leaderboard?

Spare Steam games I have from Humble Bundle, and/or money via PayPal, plus everything that other players have promised from the Prize Pool challenge.

I want to stop participating in this game, mid-game. Can you disqualify me?

No, just don't do any challenges and wait until you get voted out or something. You might still be contacted to vote on the winner at the end of the game though.

How to Sign Up?

Just say you want to sign up in this thread. Any other questions may be posted in this thread too.

Last edited Feb 01, 2018 at 05:37AM EST

this really looks fun

i know this is under construction but how can you build a community by voting people out and surviving

OK, now that I have read everything and looked at the list, I have a few questions.

1. " You can also repeat challenges for more points, but the end result has to be different from your first completion of the challenge."

So i can just keep doing 1 challenge over and over but not knowing how much the points are worth keep me from doing it? lol that's mad.

2. " (and if you have utterly failed a task, submit proof of the end result anyway as that might be enough to complete it)"

So i can fail every task and as long as I post proof of my fail I "complete" it technically giving me "points" (by the way I don't know how many points there are to begin with)

3. So we are all going to aim for points, but we can be voted out? That really twists the concept. If you are doing challenges and posting them, every one would vote the number 2 (highest point) person out. SO it's assured suicide because being the top user with the most points is what we would all want to be so we can't be voted out. Therefore, I would not want to attempt these challenges knowing the higher I am up on the chart, the more likely I will be voted out. It would kill the game because once the person with the most points becomes immune to voting, it's just everyone else voting each other out with the top point person up there forever immune.

Last edited Feb 03, 2018 at 05:25AM EST

Thank you to the five people who have currently signed up! We might wait for at least five more before starting the game.

To answer Alex-_-'s questions:

1) Repeating a challenge will give you points, but these could be potentially be much less points if you repeat the challenge multiple times within 7 days since your last attempt.

2) Failing most tasks will NOT reward any points as evidenced by the "might be enough to complete it" line.

3) As stated in the OP, there are two winners. The overall winner (one of the three people who are not voted out, and voted to win the game by the jury), and the leaderboard winner (person voted out who is the highest in the points leaderboard). I feel this is incentive enough to keep doing challenges and aim for a high score in the leaderboard once you have been voted out. Remember that the person at the top of the leaderboard is not forever immune, you can take over their spot.

And to be fair, someone at the top of the leaderboard who can stay there for ages kinda deserves to win, you know? Unless the jury doesn't choose them as the overall winner haha

Last edited Feb 03, 2018 at 07:00AM EST

OK! I was being a little sarcastic (i do that way to much, i'm sorry)

A lot of these challenges are really good!

I hope more users join because I really plan on doing this. What I'm trying to say is that I don't want to go do all this crazy stuff and have no one seriously play it.

So before I start pre-making timestamps and making a YT account to post videos B^) , I'd like to at least know that we have some semi serious players.

The Google Docs spreadsheet is well done. I think this will be very fun.

(can a mod feature this please, the little star might grab attention?)

Last edited Feb 03, 2018 at 11:39AM EST

JOIN

This is exactly how I felt when a "Quality" Contest is at Stake here!!!!

If you play this game with us…

Champions will be made!!!

I just CANT SIT HERE AND NOT DO THIS! lol

If you beat me I will wear a diaper and cry like a baby and post it. And I will give you half of a sandwich and a Capri-Sun

<--- SEE THIS IMAGE!!?!? yeah he was a quitter,broken, rubbish,garbage, ithinkimkindahardonthelittleguy don't be a quitter. rofl

Last edited Feb 18, 2018 at 07:52AM EST

I think this whole thing needs work/time/serious players/mod involvement/the werks

Also I feel users can opt out anytime before the real game starts. So good thing this thread is featured.

I will do anything I can to help this take off.

Just a friendly reminder that we only need 1 more player now!

In the week that we get this player, people can still join until that week is over and then we will start the game on the following Monday.

Please consider playing!

Greetings! You must login or signup first!