Forums / Fun! / Memeory Lane

63,534 total conversations in 189 threads

Locked Locked
[General] Come join us in the IRC!

Last posted Aug 07, 2013 at 02:00PM EDT. Added Feb 01, 2012 at 08:56PM EST
121 posts from 46 users

Hey guys, just letting those of you who don't know, we actually have an IRC Room set up.

What's an IRC, you may ask?

It's an online chatroom where you can talk to other members of the Know Your Meme community.

But what kind of stuff do we talk about there?

The IRC is perfect for you if you need help researching an entry, if you want to talk to an administrator or moderator, or if you just want to hang out and chat about anything, whether it be anime, memes, music, or anything in between.

But Chris, how much does the IRC cost?

NOTHING JUST JOIN IT GOD STOP WITH THE QUESTIONS

Hope to see you there sometime soon, KYMites.

Just as a note, we use the room #knowyourmeme on the freenode server. The link above should automatically bring you there.

Update: We currently have to have a password in #knowyourmeme. You'll need to ask for the password with the /knock command or else PM one of the moderators or admins to ask for the password.

If bumped over to #OMGKYM, use /knock #knowyourmeme then use /join #knowyourmeme [password] Be sure to ask for password.

Update: The password and modes have been removed, so the IRC should be accessible again. We're turning them on again if the spammers return. So if you suddenly have trouble joining, you know the reason.

Last edited Nov 28, 2012 at 10:12PM EST

Cale wrote:

I don't like the chat.

Taryn is there.

Taryn is the bane of my existence.

if he's your bane, am I your bone?

Last edited Feb 01, 2012 at 09:34PM EST

Cale wrote:

I don't like the chat.

Taryn is there.

Taryn is the bane of my existence.

Yes, that's my problem as well. There's just something about being greeted by the phrase "Shut up jew" that I find unappealing.

I usually enjoy it when I go in. I've made a point to go and mostly watch more often. If you're not comfortable with chatting, then you can always lurk a bit and see what people are talking about (which, at least since I've been in there, has not been as much about penises as you might think.)

People helped me around and learn how to use commands and stuff. So you don't have to worry about being a n00b unless you worry about that stuff like I do. But simply typing works just as well without using fancy commands. And they're friendly. And you'll likely find a link or two in there that will make you giggle.

And it's one of the best ways to talk to people without having a specific topic. Well, there is a topic, but I've rarely seen people stick to them (Thank God.)

It's worth a shot. And yeah…Kalmo is in there sometimes…

Chris wrote:

Hey guys, just letting those of you who don't know, we actually have an IRC Room set up.

What's an IRC, you may ask?

It's an online chatroom where you can talk to other members of the Know Your Meme community.

The IRC is perfect for you if you need help researching an entry, if you want to talk to an administrator or moderator, or if you just want to hang out and chat about anything, whether it be anime, memes, music, or anything in between.

But Chris, how much does the IRC cost?

NOTHING JUST JOIN IT GOD STOP WITH THE QUESTIONS

Hope to see you there sometime soon, KYMites.

Just as a note, we use the room #knowyourmeme on the freenode server. The link above should automatically bring you there.

Update: We currently have to have a password in #knowyourmeme. You'll need to ask for the password with the /knock command or else PM one of the moderators or admins to ask for the password.

If bumped over to #OMGKYM, use /knock #knowyourmeme then use /join #knowyourmeme [password] Be sure to ask for password.

Update: The password and modes have been removed, so the IRC should be accessible again. We're turning them on again if the spammers return. So if you suddenly have trouble joining, you know the reason.

DICKS

Ftfy.

Last edited Feb 02, 2012 at 12:06AM EST

Verbose wrote:

I usually enjoy it when I go in. I've made a point to go and mostly watch more often. If you're not comfortable with chatting, then you can always lurk a bit and see what people are talking about (which, at least since I've been in there, has not been as much about penises as you might think.)

People helped me around and learn how to use commands and stuff. So you don't have to worry about being a n00b unless you worry about that stuff like I do. But simply typing works just as well without using fancy commands. And they're friendly. And you'll likely find a link or two in there that will make you giggle.

And it's one of the best ways to talk to people without having a specific topic. Well, there is a topic, but I've rarely seen people stick to them (Thank God.)

It's worth a shot. And yeah…Kalmo is in there sometimes…

That's how I got into the IRC.

I don't think I even really talked until about the third or fourth time I went in there.

It goes really fast until you get used to it, but it's a lot of fun to just discuss random topics.

Honestly, the whole dicks thing is just an inside joke between IRC users. We literally spam the work in caps. That's it. Other than that, it's really not that bad.

Riyku wrote:

First time in the IRC not alot is happening
Edit: nevermind

There definitely has not been an Alot in the IRC. In fact, I doubt it is possible for an Alot to be logged in, as the Alot is of sub-human intelligence.

MDFification wrote:

There definitely has not been an Alot in the IRC. In fact, I doubt it is possible for an Alot to be logged in, as the Alot is of sub-human intelligence.

you never know. i hear those alots can get up to some pretty crazy shenanigans.

< Natsuru > I had a dream last night. Random Man was in it… xD
< Gespenst > I warned about rabbits bro!
< Gespenst > I warned you!
< Lolishiiit > … as Angel or…
< @amandab > omg
< @amandab > was it sexx
< @amandab > y
< Natsuru > You know how I draw Random Man?
< Natsuru > He looked like that.

Last edited Aug 21, 2012 at 09:42AM EDT

Serious debates regarding animals.

[19:20] @MrJ: I DONT LOOK LIKE A WOKF OK
[19:20] @MrJ: l
[19:21] @PimpAbra: WE KNOW
[19:21] Anako: YES YOU DO
[19:21] @PimpAbra: YOU LOOK LIKE A KANGAROO
[19:21] @MrJ: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a3/June_odd-eyed-cat.jpg/737px-June_odd-eyed-cat.jpg
[19:21] @DPF: NO HE LOOKS LIKE A BADGER

[19:22] @MrJ: Do you not like wolves for mods
[19:22] @MrJ: is that why Watcher left
[19:22] @DPF: wolvesmustdie
[19:22] @DPF: thats what kym stands for
[19:22] Vladimey: We know nothing about animals.
[19:23] Vladimey: Or acronyms.
[19:23] @DPF: Kill Your M…Wolves
[19:23] Vladimey: It's a typo
[19:23] Vladimey: The M is upside-down.
[19:23] @DPF: exactly
[19:23] @DPF: its deep
[19:23] @PimpAbra: back later
[19:23] @DPF: you wouldnt get it

Last edited Feb 08, 2012 at 07:37PM EST

[22:08] <@drpepperfan> there once was a lad called philip

[22:09] <@drpepperfan> who once was incrredibly game

[22:09] <@drpepperfan> he stuck his thumb

[22:09] * plusLUISSS (d06c7ffe@gateway/web/freenode/ip.208.108.127.254) has left #knowyourmeme

[22:09] <@drpepperfan> all the way up his bum

[22:09] <@drpepperfan> and he was never see again

[22:09] <@drpepperfan> that was my poem to philip

[22:09] <@drpepperfan> rhyming is for girly men

[22:09] <+Lolishiiit> I'm gonna post this in the IRC-thread.

[22:09] <@drpepperfan> did i say game?

[22:09] <@drpepperfan> fuck

[22:10] <@drpepperfan> philip you cant see me

[22:10] <@drpepperfan> but im standing behind you

[22:10] * MrJ (18687f01@gateway/web/freenode/ip.24.104.127.1) Quit ( Ping timeout: 245 seconds )

[22:10] <@drpepperfan> putting my dick in your ear

[22:10] <@drpepperfan> you can sortof feel it cant you?

[22:10] <@drpepperfan> its not an itch

[22:10] <@drpepperfan> its my cock

[22:10] <@drpepperfan> in your ear

[22:10] <@drpepperfan> wiggle wiggle

[22:10] <@drpepperfan> if you love it philip_j

[22:10] <@drpepperfan> say nothing

[22:10] <@drpepperfan> knew it

[22:11] <@drpepperfan> its official

[22:11] <@drpepperfan> philip loves me cock in his ear

[22:11] <+Lolishiiit> I'm dying.

[22:11] <@drpepperfan> The ghost cock strikes again!

Link to the screencap

Last edited Feb 10, 2012 at 04:16PM EST

[22:42] < HolyCrapItsBob> Oh please Random
[22:42] < H olyCrapItsBob> we all know you don't need to fap
[22:42] < HolyCrapItsBob> you have swag for that
[22:43] < Boiler_mechanic> yes. except that being a leftie has a higher chance of mental problems, depression, mental instabilities. epilepsy. ANd look, I got everything
[22:43] < @Random_Man> Yeah
[22:43] < @Random_Man> I just stand on the middle of the road
[22:43] < @Random_Man> open my jacket
[22:43] < @Random_Man> let some swag flow out
[22:43] < @Random_Man> and 20 women start fighting to do it for me
[22:43] < FridgeLogic> you are so full of it
[22:43] < Boiler_mechanic> Random swag
[22:44] < @Random_Man> Boiler_mechanic: I'm left at nearly everything, yet no mental whatever
[22:44] < atLUISSS> Random man, Random_Man
[22:44] < a tluisss> Is is true that your overwhelming amount of swag is what killed Steve Jobs?
[22:44 ] < @Random_Man> The media is covering it
[22:44] < @Random_Man> but yes
[22:44] < @Random_Man> I also caused 9/11
[22:44] < Boiler_mechanic> mental problems, mental problems everywhere
[22:44] < a tLUISSS> Random_man Random_man
[22:44] < atLUISSS> Is it pedophilia or not
[22:44] < HolyCrapItsBob> Random may have swag
[22:44] < atLUISSS> for you to be near minors?
[22:44] < HolyCrapItsBob> but I have the power of awesome
[22:45] < atLUISSS> Because you basically fuck everybody within a 10-foot radius
[22:45] < @Random_Man> Not pedophilia
[22:45] < Boiler_mechanic> Its me: http://partner-ad.photobucket.com/albums/aa406/IvanP91/IvanP91.jpg no swag :( need some shit added on pic
[22:45] < atLUISSS> So are you an unintentional pedo?
[22:45] < @Random_Man> but still life threatening
[22:45] < @Random_Man> for them
[22:45] < @Random_Man> as my swag can kill those who's bodies haven't fully developped yet

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!