Forums / Discussion / General

233,116 total conversations in 7,793 threads

+ New Thread

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Introducing New Staff: Adam!

Last posted Jul 15, 2016 at 11:46PM EDT. Added Jul 14, 2016 at 03:13PM EDT
48 posts from 45 users

Most of you are aware that we’ve been looking for a new staff member since Ari's position vacated several months ago. The search has finally come to an end, and we’re more than happy to introduce Adam as the newest member of the team!

Adam is a writer / editor who has previously written for The Village Voice, Spin, Vice’s Noisey and a variety of other publications. He brings an impressive knowledge of memes and internet culture to the table, as well as a great sense of humor and awesome attitude.

Let's give him a warm welcome aboard!

Sup guys, thanks for the warm welcome! Every day I put on my shirt and say "I am going to be the best damn memelord in the entire goddamn world" and today I am one step closer to my achieving my dream.

What it do, fam.

But let's not play musical introductions. I'll address the bigger question:

Are they going to offer stock options on memes to keep people on staff?

KYM is never going to be a desired, long-term career company until Cheezburger gives their staff long-term meme incentives. Maybe the endgoal is to keep turnover high so they don't have to address pay raises and vested meme retirement.

Last edited Jul 14, 2016 at 06:23PM EDT

Verbose wrote:

What it do, fam.

KYM is never going to be a desired, long-term career company until Cheezburger gives their staff long-term meme incentives. Maybe the endgoal is to keep turnover high so they don't have to address pay raises and vested meme retirement.

I am willing to work for 70% of the memes you would normally pay an employee if it will get me a job.

Adam wrote:

Sup guys, thanks for the warm welcome! Every day I put on my shirt and say "I am going to be the best damn memelord in the entire goddamn world" and today I am one step closer to my achieving my dream.

Hey Adam, welcome to the team, since I'm assuming you have contacts with the people in charge, so if you could get them to do something about the ads that would be fantastic for everyone

Otherwise I hope you enjoy your stay

Verbose wrote:

What it do, fam.

I have the new Memes. I have the Glengarry Memes. To you, they're gold, and you don't get them, because why? Because giving them to you would be throwing them away…

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!