Forums / Discussion / General

233,033 total conversations in 7,792 threads

+ New Thread

KYM Users' Political Ideology Chart

Last posted Oct 06, 2017 at 11:10PM EDT. Added Sep 17, 2016 at 08:38PM EDT
165 posts from 106 users

Trying something different. I'm using infogram to create charts that allow you to hover over data points on a scatter chart to see who it corresponds to. Note that I've never used this before, so please notify me (either by PM or by posting in this thread) if something doesn't look quite right.

The point of this is less to get a hyper-accurate measure of the KYM forum's political views (so please don't complain about the accuracy of the political test), and more to see how we all compare to each other.

Here's a link to the chart.

Post the results you get (economic and social scores) for the political compass test and I'll add it to the chart. It doesn't take long to finish it.

A few times concerns were brought up over the multiple things I've done involving gathering information from KYM and its users. So, here are my guarantees.

What It Says On The Box: What I say is what will be done. The information provided for the birthday list goes on the birthday list, and I won't put it anywhere else. Of course, I can't guarantee that everyone else will do the same. Remember, you are making the information public.

Others Above Myself: I will never use any data I collect to benefit myself at the expense of others. For example, I will not use the data to shame, dox, embarrass, or otherwise hurt others in such a manner.

Individual Privacy Is Important: In some cases, it's obvious that the information you provide will be made public (e.g. the Birthday List). In other cases, however, I will strive to make sure that the information is anonymous. Should you make it clear who you are regardless, public releases will have it censored slightly.

Last edited Sep 17, 2016 at 09:04PM EDT

The Political Compass test is too vague with too few answers, but it is the quickest (I don't think anyone wants to spend 2 hours on ISideWith just to be a part of a chart) test out there. Anyway, here's mine:

Edit: Economy was 0.43 and Society was -4.67

Last edited Sep 17, 2016 at 08:53PM EDT
The Political Compass test is too vague with too few answers

I did say in the OP, it's mainly just for comparison between us. As you said, if it was long, people wouldn't be as likely to take it and join in.

I get that there's a bit of controversy about it's accuracy, but it does the job well enough in placing us down to compare to others.

Also – this is developing a beautiful pattern. It's going nearly exactly in a line from bottom-left to top-right (although stopping in the middle because we're all a bunch of commies apparently)

Last edited Sep 17, 2016 at 09:34PM EDT

Let's balance the scales a bit.

Economic: 1.25
Social: 1.54

I'll still gripe about political compass's leading questions if I want to…

Last edited Sep 17, 2016 at 09:34PM EDT

I think I took this test a few months ago here and I swear I was leaning to the left, but closer to the center, and now I'm just going! I'm still in the same quadrant though.

I have to admit, I did have some problems with the questions, maybe because English isn't my main language, so it is possible I may have answered some questions wrong.

Last edited Sep 17, 2016 at 09:51PM EDT

Yeah, political compass has some issues, but from those I looked at it was a good compromise between no ethno-centricism (a ton of them were US-centric), size (can't be too long or people won't take it, can't be too short or it'll be inaccurate), and accuracy (actually giving something that felt sorta right). Plus, it's well known to KYMers, with I think a few threads being made on it already, so it was a familiar thing.

Hey it's true, you do get more conservative as you get older.

Economic Left/Right: -5.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.13

I'm too far to the right for most of the Democratic web and way too far to the left for Republicans. Most places ban me the moment I say a word.

Economic Left/Right: -4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.62

I always seem to get a much more libertarian result on this test than I do with others.

also jesus christ Pyro how conservative do you have to be to get so far beyond even Patrician

I'd consider myself center right, but it seems the opposite is true

Economic Left/Right: -0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.33

I've posted somewhere on KYM before about why Political Compass is flawed, but it's still useful for a (very) general overview.

Economic Left/Right: -6.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.9

awsumpwner27 wrote:

Hotlinking off their server, stealing a bit of bandwidth.

Hey man don't worry, there's honour among thieves here. ;P

Economic Left/Right: -3.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.54

Strange, really. I've always felt more politically neutral than what is displayed here. Then again, there were a fair few questions I felt could have used a neutral answer, seeing as I had no real opinion on them. Oh well.

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

I do not like to claim to be under any wing because in the end both are just fraudulent illusions of choice. Both parties always serve the corporate interests and the elite while fucking the rest of us over into thinking they are ultimately serving for our interests. Screw the entire bird and its wings, we need more humanitarianism in this world.

Asura wrote:

I do not like to claim to be under any wing because in the end both are just fraudulent illusions of choice. Both parties always serve the corporate interests and the elite while fucking the rest of us over into thinking they are ultimately serving for our interests. Screw the entire bird and its wings, we need more humanitarianism in this world.

Could ya spare the e-penor routine for Serious Debate and participate in the chart ya dingus?

Spider-Byte posted a chart for people around where he lives, so here's another chart for people around where I live. This is my best estimate of each. I didn't bother with Jill Stein because I couldn't think of how she different from the standard Green Party, and didn't want to go researching.

Oh also, there are 40 users now added to the list. I threw the data into a spreadsheet program and calculated a trend line just cuz.

Last edited Sep 18, 2016 at 05:10PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!