Forums / Discussion / General

233,021 total conversations in 7,791 threads

+ New Thread

Where do I post suggestions about geopolitical topics?

Last posted Jul 21, 2022 at 09:14PM EDT. Added Jul 17, 2022 at 04:05AM EDT
5 posts from 4 users

Do posts about geopolitics go into this forum category, Serious Debate or elsewhere? I want to discuss the farmer protests that have been happening practically worldwide lately and maybe even create an entry for it.

If you're wanting to avoid any shitposting (or at least, have it be against rules so mods can do something about it if it happens) probably serious debate. However, there is more likely going to be fewer responses there as well.

Still, we have a few users that are at least semi competent at political discussion (and some of them can do it without coming across with a smug sense of mocking and self superiority even). General or serious debate are both fine, but general somewhat implicitly invites more users that are casual, as well as on topic shitposting/jokes.

Jill wrote:

If you're wanting to avoid any shitposting (or at least, have it be against rules so mods can do something about it if it happens) probably serious debate. However, there is more likely going to be fewer responses there as well.

Still, we have a few users that are at least semi competent at political discussion (and some of them can do it without coming across with a smug sense of mocking and self superiority even). General or serious debate are both fine, but general somewhat implicitly invites more users that are casual, as well as on topic shitposting/jokes.

Thanks for the clarification.

"New blood" is always welcome, though Jill made a fair warning that arrogance and unpleasantness is a big problem (sorry about that).

I know about the Dutch farmer's protest where the government tried to cull nitrogen emissions by limiting the number of livestock. I thought it was stupid with the food insecurity issues that are coming up (especially if this heat kills a lot of crops), and the other much larger sources of pollution.

Then again, no one wants to be the one who makes sacrifices.

Last edited Jul 21, 2022 at 09:21PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!