Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,722 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
Nation RP

Last posted Mar 28, 2016 at 04:35PM EDT. Added Dec 07, 2011 at 03:12PM EST
1043 posts from 24 users

The Quaker Pérez wrote:

When do the Turks come in and take the Byzantine Empire?

The Ottoman Empire will probably never form in this game, especially if the Mongols do not reach Turkey. The Caliphates are being stunted by Promethean resistance (probably), meaning that the Byzantine Empire will survive and Sassanid Persia will probably last up until Genghis Khan tells them to get the fuck off his Asia. The Middle East has some incredibly stable prospects for its future until the arrival of the Mongols, which may change all of that.

Halfway done with the turn. Mertola's actions were on time. I just realized I haven't eaten in two days, so I'll probably be taking a break from writing to do that.

madcat wrote:

@Witch-King
I'm in Africa, the Mongols won't touch me. u mad europe?

A lot of your allies, trade routes, and otherwise expanding opportunities will be torn.

I ain't even brosimian.

Cale wrote:

A lot of your allies, trade routes, and otherwise expanding opportunities will be torn.

I ain't even brosimian.

Aw shit you're right, but that's why I'm allying myself with other African nations, burning down Ethiopia and letting us all conquer.

madcat wrote:

Aw shit you're right, but that's why I'm allying myself with other African nations, burning down Ethiopia and letting us all conquer.

Aye, a few holes is all: The desert is like a giant gaping hole that says "HIT MEH", and you're spreading in thin strands; An organized attack could cut you right up.

Cale wrote:

Aye, a few holes is all: The desert is like a giant gaping hole that says "HIT MEH", and you're spreading in thin strands; An organized attack could cut you right up.

I'd like to think of the desert as a close friend that says to Europeans "COME AT ME BRO" and I'm trying to make Nubia an ally so it can shield all attacks from the North. I do need a larger Navy to cover up Madagscar and my coast though.

Syndic wrote:

The Ottoman Empire will probably never form in this game, especially if the Mongols do not reach Turkey. The Caliphates are being stunted by Promethean resistance (probably), meaning that the Byzantine Empire will survive and Sassanid Persia will probably last up until Genghis Khan tells them to get the fuck off his Asia. The Middle East has some incredibly stable prospects for its future until the arrival of the Mongols, which may change all of that.

Halfway done with the turn. Mertola's actions were on time. I just realized I haven't eaten in two days, so I'll probably be taking a break from writing to do that.

Hopefully they'll never appear. I don't want Mehmed II breathing down my neck while I try to manage an empire.

Turn 13 [650 AD – 750 AD]
Middle Ages

Game Notes:
-I looked it up, and yes, the demonym for Sydney residents really is Sydneysider.

Britannia

Cultures

Religions

Angmar (WitchKing)

Govt: Republic
Army: [=====|=====]
Navy: [===|=======]

Tech: [=====|=====]

Allies: Byzantine Empire
Enemies:
-Trade in the Mediterranean flourishes, and Angmar profits greatly.
-Conscription continues until it can do so no more.
-The westward march continues.
-An army is sent to aid the Byzantines in Italy. They arrive to find the peninsula a war ravaged, chaotic anarchy with no organizational structure and very little ability to sustain itself, let alone a foreign army. They are forced to retreat home as attrition takes to the men badly.
-The oligarchy devolves into an elected senate, forming a republic.
-If the mass belief in polytheistic faiths wasn't already free worship, then the republic doesn't know what is. The new senate has decided to make laws guaranteeing freedom of religion.

Cattonia (MadCat)

Govt: Kingdom
Army: [====|======]

Tech: [=========|=]

Allies: Somabra, Nubia
Enemies:
-Towns between the southern military district and the rest of the kingdom are corralled under both though military conquest to unite the two regions via land route.
-Somabra and Nubia are graciously offered an alliance which neither cares to decline.
-The conquest of Madagascar continues until completion. Ethiopia also crumbles.
-Guilds are encouraged by the king in order to specialize essentially every part of the growing medieval economy.

Falconia (DouglasJFalcon)

Army: [=|=========]
Navy: [==|========]

Tech: [=|=========]

Allies:
Enemies: Pictland
-Pictland is invaded with mediocre success.
-Ninjas. They are made.
-Pictish royals are mysteriously disappearing or ending up dead with a throwing star to the head. Now I wonder what might have caused that…
-An attempt to build a settlement in Denmark fails uneventfully as the miniscule number of Falconi people simply isn't enough to go about colonizing various locations at this moment in time.
-Women are becoming gradually accepted into the army by generals.
-A new calendar is developed based upon four seasons.
-Iceland is conquered.
-The kingdom alters its name to Falconia.
-All manner of stone buildings and the makings of a kingdom's infrastructural base are built in northern Scotland.

Fasier (DarkErmac)

Army: [===|=======]
Navy: [=|=========]

Allies:
Enemies:
-The armies continue conquering northward.
-The sun dial is adopted as a time measuring device.
-Steel is being used extensively in weaponry where it can be afforded. The lack of iron mining in the region however, means that copper is still used more commonly.
-The crossbow and the catapult are also being pioneered in the armies.
-A system of roads paves out connections between population centers.
-Plumbing systems are built in the capital and other dense urban environments.
-Large walls are built around the capital, although due to the complete and utter lack of foreign threat anywhere near Fasier the walls appear to be rather useless.
-Astronomical research intensifies.

Last edited Dec 21, 2011 at 07:26PM EST

Mertola (RocketPropelledPanda)

Govt: Theocratic Republic
Army: [=========|=]

Tech: [====|======]

Allies:
Enemies:
-Loyalist Falconi people are given equal standing within the republic.
-A small fleet is built based around captured Falconi shipyards.
-Falconism begins its inevitable spread across the continent as fresh converts in the army return to preach in their home towns.
-A monument is constructed in the province of Falconland to commemorate their victory and to mourn the lives lost in achieving it.
-As the old king dies without an heir, a former general takes his place on the throne, claiming a new theocracy under the heavenly kingdom of Captain Falcon (blessed be his name). Unfortunately this leads to a succession crisis, in which one of the king's distance cousins claims control over the southeastern hordes, and another general attempts to form a kingdom in the Appalachian mountains.
-New colleges are being erected in the capital where the wealthy can afford to send their young to learn the various arts required to lead, conquer, or make a decent profit off those less fortunate than yourself.

Naronius (MisterJ)

Govt: Republic
Navy: [======|====]

Allies: China
Enemies: Mygwi Confederation, Champa
-Champa is invaded and conquered entirely.
-Larger ships, called junks, are being adopted from China.
-A foothold in the Philippines is gained and the republic spreads its influence there.

Prometheus (Vlad)

Govt: Caliphate
Army: [======|====]
Navy: [====|======]

Tech: [==========|]

Allies:
Enemies:
-The senate boldly decides to proclaim one of their own as the rightful claim to the title of Caliph. Many of the generals that were previously loyal to the senate and personal friends to this statesman have now returned to hear him preach the words of Mohammed. Infuriated with this action, the Arabian Caliph proclaims a holy war upon the infidel, and personally starts a brave march towards Antioch.
-An aristocrat from Oman, hoping to regain the throne for his family, has organized a few rag-tag armies to fight against the Arabians. Eventually he dies in battle, and the armies raise the Promethean banner in an attempt to gain the favor of what they believe to be the true Caliph.
-Mediterranean trade flourishes.

Rossiya (RussianFedora)

Govt: Oligarchy

Tech: [========|==]

Allies: Sassanid Empire
Enemies:
-A massive army is sent north to conquer Media. After an arduous struggle through the mountains, they manage to make it deep into the little kingdom's territory.
-Friendly relations are established with Byzantium and the Persian Sassanid dynasty. Persia aggressively convinces Rossiya into an alliance.

Syserror (BSOD)

Govt: Monarchial Republic
Navy: [=======|===]

Tech: [========|==]

Allies: Sydney, Magwoli
Enemies:
-The conquest of Papua continues. The Mygwi confederation is becoming concerned that they might have a border with another aggressive nation. Fortunately, Syserror sends a diplomat ahead of the armies to forge good will and assure that there will be no war.
-During a royal ball, a prince of Sydney catches the eye of a young woman from Aukland. As it turns out, he is the heir to the Sydneysider throne, and the young woman is the only remaining child of the Syserror royal family. They plan to wed, although a debate over the legitimacy of the crown and the control of the senate erupts in Sysseror. The issue spirals out of control, and Sydney threatens to go to war over the issue if the senate does not step down and allow the two kingdoms to merge.
-Some of the republic's first public hospitals are opened.
-An embassy in the southern island, based in Christchurch, is acting as more of a separate senate and is slowly encouraging even more separatist tendencies.
-A strange blue box with the label "Police Booth" appears in a local farm and quickly vanishes from sight again.
-Astronomy has resolved a few sailing issues as a navigational system based on the "north" star Sigma Octanis.

Teclos (QuakerPerez)

Govt: Monarchial Republic

Tech: [======|====]

Allies: Franks, Byzantine Empire
Enemies: Kingdom of the Visigoths
-The Kingdom of the Visigoths is finished off.
-An invasion of Vasconia coincides with the formation of Aquitaine and the collapse of Septimania. However, a march towards the Pyrenees is halted when the Franks decide to guarantee the kingdom.
-The army begins to mirror the Frankish kingdom.
-As a more fuedal type of ruling system takes over the countryside, slavery is becoming less and less common as serfdom replaces it as a labour source. A large slave army is drawn up from the remaining lords that own them, thus committing the killing blow to slave-based economics in Iberia.
-After a few hundred years have passed, Byzantium is willing to forgive Teclo transgressions against Rome, and agree to an alliance.
-The catapult is adopted by the army, if it wasn't already.
-Teclos is the final kingdom on the Mediterranean to completely dispose of ancient Roman style weapons and tactics.
-Football, a new sport in which, as implied by its name, a foot is applied to a leather ball, becomes very popular.
-Many Germanic practices have become common in Iberia, replacing some older Latin cultural quirks.

Vulcan (FridgeLogic)

Govt: Theocratic Republic

Tech: [=|=========]

Allies: North Umbria, Wessex
Enemies: Gwent, Mercia, Sussex, Gwynned
-The alliance with North Umbria is accepted, and war is declared upon Gwent and Mercia.
-Gwynned decides to invade Wales and the Isle of Man while Vulcan is busy elsewhere, and soon signs an alliance with Gwent.
-An alliance is struck up with Wessex on the grounds that they invade and conquer Sussex. This coincidentally coincides with a Sussex invasion into Wessex, and of course Wessex agrees to side with Vulcan because of it.
-The Duke of Kent approaches Vulcan with his only child to marry the crown of Cantia off to a stable monarchy. Unfortunately, he finds that Vulcan lacks a monarchy, and instead turns to East Anglia with the proposal.
-Feudalism spreads throughout Vulcan as an easier method of holding onto lands and the loyalty of their lords than the old imperial method.
-An invasion force of Vulcan longboats is sent to Denmark, although it garners no success in permanently securing any lands there as the Danes oppose the force with great ferocity. They do manage to bring much loot back to Norway with them.
-Vulcan establishes its first bank in Norway.
-The trebuchet is adopted for use against strong castle garrisons.

Syndic, just a thought, can you add an economical strength meter next turn?
Also, I would like to officially become allies with Madcat/Cattonia.

pug on toast wrote:

I might do that. But economy won't become radically important until the industrial revolution.

pug on toast wrote:

We are allied, but he's only writing NPC/Player relationships.

Cale wrote:

Hrm…

I'm going to need more than a pussy-ass army across the sea if I want to establish myself farther west…

Hey Quaker, Hows about we both take on and split the Vandals 50/50?

Sorry I already have plans for the Vandals and besides you have tremendous amounts of space to expand out east and up north.

Vlad wrote:

Speaking of agreements, I'd like to offer a non-aggression pact to madcat. Perhaps we can finally put aside our differences and look forwards to a prosperous future.

Funny thing about that, I send my turn within two seconds of him posting the last turn so… leave it up to your imagination. Unless Syndic lets me revoke my turn and send in another one?

madcat wrote:

Funny thing about that, I send my turn within two seconds of him posting the last turn so… leave it up to your imagination. Unless Syndic lets me revoke my turn and send in another one?

Player-to-player diplomacy is conducted outside of PMs to Syndicate if I remember correctly. So we just strike up the non-aggression pact and he'll (probably) add it to the diplomatic status above each country.

Vlad wrote:

Player-to-player diplomacy is conducted outside of PMs to Syndicate if I remember correctly. So we just strike up the non-aggression pact and he'll (probably) add it to the diplomatic status above each country.

You obviously don't understand. You and I had no relationship, only negative talk. Look at my land to the East. Look at the country North of that. Now imagine how easily I could get at you with an alliance with that nation.

madcat wrote:

You obviously don't understand. You and I had no relationship, only negative talk. Look at my land to the East. Look at the country North of that. Now imagine how easily I could get at you with an alliance with that nation.

Oh boy. Here we go again with your constant "undermine Prometheus at any cost" strategy.

Last edited Dec 21, 2011 at 08:41PM EST

I never said anything about y'all not being able to send edits to your PM. Just send it with the title I prescribed to you and it will count. I usually wait until the time I start writing the turn to even read your PMs, and when I do that, I copy them all into notepad and mark out whatever doesn't make sense or makes a previous action redundant. Then I start translating what you wrote into what actually happens. If you send multiple PMs, don't resend all of your orders. Just tell me what needs to be edited out.

Vlad wrote:

Oh boy. Here we go again with your constant "undermine Prometheus at any cost" strategy.

NO, NO, NO. I sent in a turn allying myself with the Arabian Caliphate as a means of getting at you. You know surprise attack you and give you no place to run, but I want to renounce that turn I sent in and have a non-aggression pact with you.

pug on toast wrote:

Protip: Never pick Europe and surrounding areas in a game like this.

Next time I'll force ya'll all to be in Europe and the Middle East. Its so boring elsewhere that I occasionally forget to edit your maps until after I have checked the final product and see some missing parts.

pug on toast wrote:

Protip: Never pick Europe and surrounding areas in a game like this.

"…Unless by chance you are as tough as Angmar, who, without help, grabbed the Huns by the balls and threw them north without much trouble afterwards."

Cale wrote:

"…Unless by chance you are as tough as Angmar, who, without help, grabbed the Huns by the balls and threw them north without much trouble afterwards."

"Also, unless you're as versatile as Rossiya, who, without any help, moved his entire country into the Middle East, and who, by the next couple of turns, was more powerful than he was in the Urals."

Cale wrote:

Because they're all faggots.

More realistically, they don't realize the precious resources.

I THOUGHT WE AGREED TO LEAVE THOSE RESOURCES UNTAPPED, BECAUSE IT WOULD TEAR UP EAST EUROPE'S ENVIRONMENT.

Piano wrote:

I THOUGHT WE AGREED TO LEAVE THOSE RESOURCES UNTAPPED, BECAUSE IT WOULD TEAR UP EAST EUROPE'S ENVIRONMENT.

I THOUGHT YOU AGREED TO TEAR UP THOSE RESOURCES AND SEND THEM TO ME

madcat wrote:

I THOUGHT YOU AGREED TO TEAR UP THOSE RESOURCES AND SEND THEM TO ME

I NEVER AGREED TO DO THAT. PLUS, I'M NOT EVEN IN EAST EUROPE RIGHT NOW.

Meanwhile in Asia, I am savoring my Taiwanese tea, using my Cambodian china, while looking over to the bustling port of Singapore that let Mid-Asia bankrupt.
This is a fine day I say. This is why I refuse to mingle with the Europeans. To many ALL CAPS CONVERSATIONS.

pug on toast wrote:

Meanwhile in Asia, I am savoring my Taiwanese tea, using my Cambodian china, while looking over to the bustling port of Singapore that let Mid-Asia bankrupt.
This is a fine day I say. This is why I refuse to mingle with the Europeans. To many ALL CAPS CONVERSATIONS.

*Too

Piano wrote:

WE CAN'T GO WITHOUT USING RESOURCES. THE FACT THAT IT HAS SUCH VAST AMOUNTS GIVES US ROOM TO USE A LITTLE MORE THAN AVERAGE AND STILL PRESERVE THE NATURAL STATE.

PLUS I'M REFERRING TO THE MANY RIVER VALLEYS, HUGE AMOUNTS OF BLACK SOIL, AND A WIDE ENVIRONMENT..

Cale wrote:

WE CAN'T GO WITHOUT USING RESOURCES. THE FACT THAT IT HAS SUCH VAST AMOUNTS GIVES US ROOM TO USE A LITTLE MORE THAN AVERAGE AND STILL PRESERVE THE NATURAL STATE.

PLUS I'M REFERRING TO THE MANY RIVER VALLEYS, HUGE AMOUNTS OF BLACK SOIL, AND A WIDE ENVIRONMENT..

SO WHAT YOU'RE SAYING IS THAT FOR THE MOST PART YOU WANT TO UTILIZE THE ENVIRONMENT IN A WAY THAT WILL NOT ONLY PRESERVE IT, BUT CAUSE IT TO FLOURISH?

Piano wrote:

SO WHAT YOU'RE SAYING IS THAT FOR THE MOST PART YOU WANT TO UTILIZE THE ENVIRONMENT IN A WAY THAT WILL NOT ONLY PRESERVE IT, BUT CAUSE IT TO FLOURISH?

I'M SAYING THAT, IF WE DO THIS RIGHT, WE COULD SIMULTANEOUSLY MAKE FULL USE OF THE VAST RESOURCES IF WE PREFORM IT IN A WAY AS TO KEEP IT IN CHECK, SUCH AS KEEPING A QUOTA OF REQUIRED THINGS, SKIP STRIP MINING, AND REPLANTING TREES AND SHIT.

Cale wrote:

I'M SAYING THAT, IF WE DO THIS RIGHT, WE COULD SIMULTANEOUSLY MAKE FULL USE OF THE VAST RESOURCES IF WE PREFORM IT IN A WAY AS TO KEEP IT IN CHECK, SUCH AS KEEPING A QUOTA OF REQUIRED THINGS, SKIP STRIP MINING, AND REPLANTING TREES AND SHIT.

BUT WHAT ABOUT OIL MINING, WON'T THAT HAVE A NON-REPAIRABLE EFFECT ON THE ECOSYSTEM?

Piano wrote:

BUT WHAT ABOUT OIL MINING, WON'T THAT HAVE A NON-REPAIRABLE EFFECT ON THE ECOSYSTEM?

USING METHODS KNOWN TODAY, YES. IT WILL BE SOMETHING TO WORK ON, BUT FOR ALL I KNOW, IT IS COMPARATIVELY SMALL IF PRESERVE THE REST.

Pros and Cons of this turn:
Pros;
-I'm still alive
-I now have a religion
-I get to start another war
-I have neighbors
Cons;
-My country grew a tumor
-The tumor grew a tumor
-I have to start another war
-My neighbors are butthurt

Last edited Dec 21, 2011 at 11:45PM EST

RocketPropelledPanda   wrote:

Pros and Cons of this turn:
Pros;
-I'm still alive
-I now have a religion
-I get to start another war
-I have neighbors
Cons;
-My country grew a tumor
-The tumor grew a tumor
-I have to start another war
-My neighbors are butthurt

@RPP

Lets just say that beating the crap out of Falcon has made you somewhat…unpopular with the central nations

@Syndic

You just hate my Council of the Blue Screen don't you?

I haven't been left with many choices. I need to kick the senate out and appoint the engaged royal family as the sovereign authority of Syserror, otherwise Sidney is not going to cooperate with me. If I don't then my nation will end up looking the way Britain does now.

But then there is my southern city of Christchurch looking for a chance to split off from the rest of the nation. It might get a chance to do that if the Southerners decide they don't like the new monarchical management, I need to convince all my neighboring colonies that the shift to a kingdom is a welcome one.

Do I have any other options?

Last edited Dec 22, 2011 at 03:01AM EST

Yo! You must login or signup first!