Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Combat Tactics and Evasion Methods

Last posted Sep 09, 2019 at 09:07AM EDT. Added Aug 25, 2019 at 03:08PM EDT
12 posts from 6 users

Imagine you are in a situation akin to the beginning of the fight in the first Hunger Games film.

You are stood on the podium alongside 23 other people, only one of you may survive this battle royale and be crowned victor and set free. In 20 seconds the game will begin and you will be able to take whatever actions you wish.

The starting area in which you are all currently situated is at an opening at the rough centre of a dense woodland. You are all currently facing inwards at a large pile of weapons ranging from knives, swords, spears and crossbows. There are no firearms or explosives. The area in which this event is taking place is very large and inescapable.

What have you done in preparation for this moment?
What are you wearing, what gear do you have?
What is your exact next move?
Do you feel confident?

(This is thread #1 of Laika's imagine series)

> What have you done in preparation for this moment?
Studying the blade.

> What are you wearing, what gear do you have?
A trenchcoat and a fedora.

> What is your exact next move?
I subtly tilt my head and tip my fedora, smirking menacingly under its brim.
As the game begins I dart to the pile of weapons, grabbing the katana I've been eyeing up for the last 20 seconds while still in sprint, continue to run towards the person that stood directly opposite of me only to get behind them in a swift move and cut them down from behind with a single slice of my blade. As the bloodied body collapses before me I bid farewell to the other participants with a tip of my fedora before disappearing in the woodlands behind me.

> Do you feel confident?
Yes.

Last edited Aug 25, 2019 at 07:54PM EDT

> What have you done in preparation for this moment?
Make, train with, and smuggle in a crude handgun.

> What are you wearing, what gear do you have?
A stab vest under normal clothing.

> What is your exact next move?
I wait until 5 seconds are left on the countdown, draw the crude handgun from where I hid it, then, when the game begins, run for the pile while shooting the others, from closest to farthest.

> Do you feel confident?
Yes.

• >What have you done in preparation for this moment?

Joined District 13.

• >What are you wearing, what gear do you have?

Enough food and water for three generations stored in a safe, secluded area of District 13's fallout shelter. Also, a sidearm unless anybody is on to me and the Nuclear Codes for District 13's Nuclear Arsenal.

• >What is your exact next move?

Nuke Panem, prioritizing the Capitol and Districts 1-4: this initiates Nuclear War and Mutually Assured Destruction between The Capitol and it's preferred districts and District 13. I then kick back and relax in the fallout shelter as Panem is incinerated and thrown into a Nuclear Winter, any personnel deemed necessary to survival after the attack would be either convinced of the plan if deemed trustworthy or if deemed untrustworthy, sedated and brought to the fallout shelter while incapacitated and told a cover story so as to avoid any retaliation inside the bunker.

With this plan I can easily avoid having to directly deal with the Capitol and won't have to risk my safety to the same extent if I was participating in the Hunger Games. The main difficulties with this plan would be acquiring access to D13's Nuclear Arsenal and doing so unnoticed and without arousing suspicion. Also, anybody that might be needed after Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD) would have to be either convinced (which could go horribly wrong depending on how loyal they are to D13) or sedated and moved while unconscious, which would have to be done an hour or two before MAD and could become a problem if too many people were needed.

You see, the best way to win a game is to write the rules yourself.

EDIT:

• >Do You Feel Confident?

Somewhat.

Last edited Aug 26, 2019 at 04:18PM EDT

>What have you done in preparation for this moment?
Preparing my plan for this battle.
>What are you wearing, what gear do you have?
Only my tank top, fingerless gloves, jeans and my bare muscles.
>What is your exact next move?
To use my family's secret technique that has been past down for generations. I'll use it when the countdown ends.
>Do you feel confident?
No, because after the battle starts I snatch the nearest weapon and gem and RAN AWAY AS FAST AS I CAN!

Laika wrote:

And how do we effectively retaliate when we are under attack by a naked man covered in his own fecal matter with cannibalistic tendencies?

Feces is highly flammable, so I propose we…

…SET…

…THE…

…MAN…

…ON FIRE!!!!

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!