Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

“Hated Musicians” super-entry

Last posted Jul 31, 2012 at 02:24PM EDT. Added Jul 31, 2012 at 02:48AM EDT
8 posts from 6 users

Due to the large amount of hatred the internet populace has towards certain mainstream producers, I think we might need to make a “Hated Musicians” entry, and include Justin Bieber, Rebecca Black, Nickelback, Skrillex, etc. in it. thoughts?

It sounds like a good idea to me, it would be useful to organize them like that and keep them together.

The only problem I could see is something that happened with the Mary Sue entry, with some people arguing about images in the entry and whether they were a Mary Sue or not. It's possible the same thing could happen with that entry about what counts as a "Hated" musician.

Aside from that, I'd say it's worth a shot.

I'm am not a fan at all of hate entries. I think that you should always stay objective with entries.

But all the people you are listing here already have entries:

Besides the Rebecca Black entry, which is an incomplete entry, all those entries have a header for "Reputation". Which is a great way to stay both objective, yet point out their overall negative reputation online. If it's really is off the charts, you can always go with a "Controversy" header.

A better solution to keep them organised might be to place them in each other's Similar Entry section. Keeps each entry person/group related, yet shows links to other well know musicians found on the web.

Edit: I went ahead and just added them to each other's Similar Entry list.

Last edited Jul 31, 2012 at 09:17AM EDT

I'm not sure this is such a great idea, to be honest. There are many different types of users on KYM, which means many different tastes in music. It could very well offend some users if you create a whole entry dedicated to musicians that are "hated". And since hate is subjective depending on who you're speaking of or speaking to, it would be biased to create an entry based on mostly opinion. A way to help though might be to request editorship on some of these entries, though.

but there's a VIRAL hate-dom (if you will) of these musicians, even fans of these guys know for a fact that there's that stigma of the bands that they like

🅱ank 🅱ill wrote:

but there's a VIRAL hate-dom (if you will) of these musicians, even fans of these guys know for a fact that there's that stigma of the bands that they like

That may be true, there is a price to pay by liking these bands/artists, but "hate" is still a term of opinion, which means you're definitely going to have people flaming over this, even on good old, KnowYourMeme.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!