Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,849 total conversations in 4,537 threads

+ New Thread

Video Games vs Gaming

Last posted Oct 06, 2014 at 04:21PM EDT. Added Oct 05, 2014 at 11:42PM EDT
2 posts from 2 users

So I made a post about this a while back and it never got answered. I guess it wasn't an interesting topic or something, but I've rethought things through recently, and I have come up with a new solution.

Having both articles doesn't mean one needs to go away, Video Games and Gaming (I believe) can be justified for having two separate articles in much the same way we have one for MLP and bronies. My plan:

Video Games will be an article about just that. Video Games. Over the past couple of years we have gathered a ton of articles on solely video games and their related memes. The origin and some of the structure of Gaming will be moved over to the video games entry, and hopefully media mods can sort the two's media sections.

Gaming will serve as a hub for the articles like Twitch, Machinima, MLG, Mom's Against Gaming, Let's Play, and any notable people like Yatzee, PewDiePie, The angry video game nerd, and The Creatures while hopefully leaving room for things like swatting along the way.

That pretty much summarizes my plan for the two. Input on it would be good. For instance. Does gamergate need to be mentioned in the gaming article? How about Steam? Or should Steam be left for a mention in video games under the valve section? Is there anything else I should consider? Let me know.

tl;dr: I'm planing on fixing the video games and gaming articles up.

Last edited Oct 05, 2014 at 11:44PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!