Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,829 total conversations in 4,533 threads

+ New Thread

Numb Face - Origins

Last posted Nov 23, 2020 at 10:49PM EST. Added Nov 23, 2020 at 10:49PM EST
1 post from 1 user

I'd like any information about the origins and the spread of Numb Face. Any information that could get the entry confirmed. Numb Face is one of the most incomplete entries in the submission category on Know Your Meme. Temata submitted Numb Face on July 9, 2012. It was deadpooled by Platus on August 14, 2012, but was moved back to submissions by Z on July 20, 2016. Here is some information I know about Numb Face.

The earliest example I can find was on March 30, 2010. On this day at 14:00, 19 posts in Joyreacter's numb face tag were posted. The tags in Joyreacter are ordered as latest-to-earliest. This means the earliest meme posted in the tag is the post 'Playing with oija board,' where a group of people is playing with an ouija board. When asked "who are you?" the spirit spells out "AHBH". The next day, the girl who asked the question sees a car with a license plate that says, "AH-BH". The girl askes someone in a house nearby if the car is hers. The house-owner reveals the car was his husband's who had died the day prior.

The first post in the tag that showed the face with no girl hair on it was I found my dad's condoms! In this meme, a father who looks similar to the Frankenstein Son, I Am Disappoint Face, hides a router somewhere before going to work. The son looks in the drawer to see if he hid the router there but instead sees a half-empty box of condoms.

Looking at the rage comics on the numb tag on the Cheezburger meme database, the face is often used to express horror or being traumatized. It has also been paired up with Horrifying House-guest numerous times.

Post any more information you can find about the numb face in this forum. Once enough information has been added to this forum, I will request editorship to the entry and add the information in.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!