Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,829 total conversations in 4,533 threads

+ New Thread

Racist Spamton

Last posted Sep 06, 2022 at 01:00PM EDT. Added Sep 06, 2022 at 10:41AM EDT
3 posts from 2 users

So, I just looked at the Spamton G. Spamton article, and I noticed a particular lack of something… not one mention of the numerous wisecracks about Spamton being a racist or a slave owner that were made in response to people misinterpreting the line "Now I own the black" from Juno Songs' rendition of Big Shot with lyrics:

Come on, guys, really? Not only did it not get a subpage, it didn't even get any mentions in the article, comments, images, or videos? Heck, I had to put the video on Know Your Meme myself. Really?!? Even if it was limited to that one video's comment section, it still got big enough to get a mention on TV Tropes' memes page, and that site's meme coverage is way less comprehensive than ours. How the heck did we miss it?!?

Last edited Sep 06, 2022 at 10:42AM EDT

I don’t actually know for sure just how big it got – just that it got big enough that Juno Songs had to make a comment on his video to clarify what he meant by "Now I own the black" (namely that Spamton was referring to conquering the Dark/Cyber World itself, rather than personally enslaving anybody) and pin it to the top of the comments section for a while. However, that comment wasn't pinned anymore when I checked the video to upload it to Know Your Meme, so it appears that the worst of the controversy has died down. Or maybe whoever wrote the TV Tropes bullet point about it was making a mountain out of a molehill…

Last edited Sep 06, 2022 at 01:00PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!