Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,578 total conversations in 826 threads

+ New Thread

Cartoon Network cancels Uncle Grandpa, but does it in a very shady sounding way

Last posted May 08, 2016 at 10:37AM EDT. Added Apr 08, 2016 at 05:44PM EDT
11 posts from 9 users

And a source from Cartoon Brew

And the drawing you see above is by the show's creator himself. This feels really shady on CN's part to make it sound as if UG was being renewed, only for the wording to be misleading and it turns out it was really saying future seasons have been cancelled.

Whether you like UG or not, you gotta admit this feels pretty shady on CN's part.

cartoon network is run by idiots who cant keep to schedule and contradict each other all the time? this is nothing new.

cartoon network has serious management problems, things one director says contradicts what another says and then there is a whole fuck up

Last edited Apr 08, 2016 at 05:47PM EDT

James Blunt wrote:

cartoon network is run by idiots who cant keep to schedule and contradict each other all the time? this is nothing new.

cartoon network has serious management problems, things one director says contradicts what another says and then there is a whole fuck up

My guess is we're still too fresh off of the Snyder years and things still need a bit more ironing out. At least most of the shows on CN are good, even if some of the people not behind actual show production seem to doing stuff that annoys fans of the channel (and show production staff, I swear some Steven Universe staff members have said they wished they could air episodes on a more regular basis again).

im more glad that they are finally ending that show. it was the dumbest show i have ever seen and im happy about how its going to be cancelled for one reason:i wont have to deal with the annoying ads for it anymore. of course there is still the fact that no matter how bad the show was them saying "there will be a season 4 and season 5" only to go back and say there wont be is a bit odd.

(now all there is to get rid of is Clarence and Teen Titans Go and Cartoon Network will be rid of its cancer and will actually be somewhat good again … oh wait there also that awful PowerPuff Girls reboot. we were almost there but i guess CN's cancer is just incurable)

AHAHAHA That drawing by the shows creator is pretty great.

Sucks that those people are going to lose their jobs but you know… I can't prove this but im pretty sure Cartoon network now has to appeal to a pretty big 18-25 demo to keep shows afloat and this was not doing it.

Ok just don't touch mah SU and were all good.

they wont lose their jobs, well not most of them, cartoon network rehires most of the staff for future shows because it means less paperwork and hunt for new blood.

they dont have to appeal to any adult demographic because

1. TTG and clarence (as well as other shows of those types) are big on ratings dispite not appealing to an adult demographic
2. appealing to adults is what adult swim is in charge of

Last edited Apr 09, 2016 at 04:01AM EDT

One of CN's biggest flaws is how they air new episodes. Thankfully nothing airing right now is must see for me (I kinda like Teen Titans Go though honestly).

Even though I was in no way a fan of this show, that does sound pretty shady.
Then again though, it's Cartoon Network. The same channel that has tendencies to cancel good shows and air absolutely terrible ones. This is probably one of the smaller fuck ups they've done. The Problem Solverz still take the top prize in my eyes for "king fuck up."

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!