Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

Any good shows you can just throw on in the background for noise?

Last posted Sep 16, 2018 at 01:39PM EDT. Added Aug 31, 2018 at 04:23AM EDT
13 posts from 13 users

Looking for a good TV show or Movie thats good for background noise while I work that you don't really need to pay much attention to other than a few quick glances.

Shows that are pretty dialog heavy and reality shows tend to work really well.

Bonus points if its on Netflix

^ those shows are very visual gag focused tbh.

Idk about Netflix since I have hulu and amazon prime, but what I watch for those reason is; kitchen nightmare, hoarders, shark tank, catfish, 2020 (sometimes), idiot abroad, house, who the (bleep) did I marry?, fbi files, life's too short, cbsnews.com/live, defunctland (youtube), and thats all I can think of off the top of my head

On Netflix, pretty much any sitcom, particularly older ones that don't rely as much on visuals. Frasier and Cheers are personal favorites. In a different vein, there's a fuckload of WWII docuseries that make good background noise if you're into that.

OP you need podcasts for this rather than TV. Pick a subject area you like and go nuts.

Watch out for that Kool-Aid though. Stay sceptical and learn the hosts' biases. I listen to wrestling podcasts and more or less all the hosts have different tastes from me, so one does need to separate that from the in-jokes.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!