Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

Alita: Battle Angel discussion

Last posted Feb 16, 2019 at 09:35PM EST. Added Feb 16, 2019 at 09:35PM EST
1 post from 1 user

This thread is what it says on the tin. Spoilers are to be expected.

Anyways…

So I finally saw the movie today, and while my opinion is clearly biased (note my profile pic), I'm very pleased with the outcome.

They reworked the timeline of some story events to deal with pacing issues, and added some previously non-existent character background, but it generally stays faithful to the source material, certainly more-so than the large majority of other Hollywood anime/manga adaptations. I also gotta give them credit for making sure that most of the cast looks similar to their manga counterparts, with the one notable exception to this rule, Jashugan, looking nothing like he did in the manga.

The eyes didn't bother me at all, so not sure what else to say about that. Some of the CGI gets close to being "too obvious", but otherwise the visuals are pretty spot on, even if they aren't much to write home about in this day and age of film-making.

On a side note, I had to smile at them making the comparisons between Motorball and the 1975 film Rollerball even more obvious than it was in the manga. "No one is bigger than the game."

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!