Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

The Banana Splits Movie Trailer releases

Last posted Jun 19, 2019 at 07:31AM EDT. Added Jun 13, 2019 at 09:16PM EDT
13 posts from 7 users

To quote Pan Pizza, “Always trust Hannah Barbera to make a completely out of nowhere adult reboot”

Larry Bundy Jr called it “Five Nights At Droopers”

Last edited Jun 13, 2019 at 09:20PM EDT

Cant remember which one specifically but if memory serves me correctly, there was a group of nuclear test/weapons developed by the US that were code-named after the Banana Splits.

Although I can't remember where I read that so if somebody could find that for me… (Turbo)Props to ya.

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

That Pan-Pizza quote is full of shit. Only DC Comics do mature reboots on Hannah Barbara properties, and 80% of the time those turn out good.

Speaking of which, the idea of the Banana Splits joining the Suicide Squad after a Rodney King incident and end up becoming a rap group ala N.W.A. makes more sense then them becoming FNAF animatronics.

BigK64 wrote:

That Pan-Pizza quote is full of shit. Only DC Comics do mature reboots on Hannah Barbara properties, and 80% of the time those turn out good.

Speaking of which, the idea of the Banana Splits joining the Suicide Squad after a Rodney King incident and end up becoming a rap group ala N.W.A. makes more sense then them becoming FNAF animatronics.

Have you heard about Adult swim’s Hanna Barbera reboots?

Space ghost Coast to Coast

Sealab 2021

The New Adventures of the Wonder Twins

Harvey Birdman Attorney At Law

MisterZygarde64 wrote:

Have you heard about Adult swim’s Hanna Barbera reboots?

Space ghost Coast to Coast

Sealab 2021

The New Adventures of the Wonder Twins

Harvey Birdman Attorney At Law

Yes, and I’m pretty sure those are William Street parodies of those shows. Not full on official license Hannah Barbara production shows.

It’ll be like saying Action Johnny in Venture Bros. is the continuation to Johnny Quest despite the creators saying he is NOT the same Johnny from those cartoons.

BigK64 wrote:

Yes, and I’m pretty sure those are William Street parodies of those shows. Not full on official license Hannah Barbara production shows.

It’ll be like saying Action Johnny in Venture Bros. is the continuation to Johnny Quest despite the creators saying he is NOT the same Johnny from those cartoons.

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure those are still (checks notes) "completely out of nowhere adult reboots" of Hannah Barbara properties regardless of their parody status. The DC adult reboots of Hannah Barbara are also (get this) reboots of Hannah Barbara properties. Yeah, Hannah Barbara didn't "make" them, but I'm still not sure why you're overanalyzing Pan's phrasing to this extent. It's kinda petty.

You can stop pointlessly harping on this innocuous quote now.

BigK64 wrote:

Why are you over-analyzing Pan’s quote?

MisterZygarde64 wrote:

Why are you over-analyzing Pan’s quote?

Well for starters I didn’t really over analyze anything. Simply pointing out that these takes aren’t officially done by the studio itself.

Second, I’m pretty sure I was half serious when making that remark.

The_Applesauce wrote:

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure those are still (checks notes) "completely out of nowhere adult reboots" of Hannah Barbara properties regardless of their parody status. The DC adult reboots of Hannah Barbara are also (get this) reboots of Hannah Barbara properties. Yeah, Hannah Barbara didn't "make" them, but I'm still not sure why you're overanalyzing Pan's phrasing to this extent. It's kinda petty.

You can stop pointlessly harping on this innocuous quote now.

Whose harping? All I did was half seriously state how he’s wrong in regards to this bwing officially made by Hannah Barbara like this movie.

I mean seriously, they maybe out of nowhere adult reboots/parodies; but that does not mean that HB directly made it.

BigK64 wrote:

Whose harping? All I did was half seriously state how he’s wrong in regards to this bwing officially made by Hannah Barbara like this movie.

I mean seriously, they maybe out of nowhere adult reboots/parodies; but that does not mean that HB directly made it.

I already said they didn't directly make the reboots, but you're still splitting hairs and over-analyzing the phrasing. The quote isn't even about the movie, it's in regards to everything else made by other studios, so that's what he meant in the first place. And it still doesn't change the fact that Hannah Barbara is handing out its properties to get adult reboots.

If we suddenly got a bunch of gritty reboots for Mario, Zelda and Kirby made by various dev studios, we'd still say "Man, Nintendo sure is making a bunch of adult reboots."
I still don't understand why you're being so pointlessly critical. Also, you say you were being "half serious," yet you have three follow up comments defending it? This is some trivial bullshit.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!