Forums / Media / Music

6,760 total conversations in 425 threads

+ New Thread

We're Gettin' the Band Togetha! (maybe)

Last posted Sep 26, 2014 at 02:41AM EDT. Added Sep 22, 2014 at 10:21PM EDT
4 posts from 4 users

Looking at the composers' thread, I remembered how I'd considered trying something like that out not to long ago. However, I decided that, at least for now, gaining a full enough understanding of music theory is a bit out of my capacity with everything else going on. (I'm still confident in my potential as a lyricist, though, and could probably figure out how I wanted the music to sound and flow around them.)
But then an idea hit me. I've been playing clarinet for more than five years, and I'm positive that I'm not the only user here who's an active instrumentalist. In that case, I figured that if we gathered enough of a backing and planned it out well, we could set a time to get together using some kind of internet service (that's not my area of expertise), and… wait for it… play as a band! Hell, we could even collaborate with the composers!
So to start, here are the question everyone who's interested needs to answer here:
1. What do you play, and what is your level of experience. (Achievements optional.)
2. When would you have the free time to do this?
3. In your opinion, what's our best option and method for pulling this off?

1.Singer, songwriter, keyboard player, and a bit of guitar I would say 35/50 is how good i am and i have been in chorus for 5 years and have recieved an award for most dedicated singer. I can sing most genres except for rap.
2. Weekdays for 1 hour and weekends for 5 hours
3. Skype calls are good

Last edited Sep 22, 2014 at 10:34PM EDT

1. I use sequencers. I can also sing pretty well, to the point that one time I almost made someone cry.
2. Weekends + Mondays
3. Skype is nice.

I'd fill any shoes that are not filled already in terms of instruments. I'm working a lot of evenings and I hate skype so email or facebook with occasional skype calls would be my choice. I use logic pro x and I know how to mix and master (its something you shouldn't glance over) so I would like to do that. I think it would probably be best to do a cover first instead of an original.

If you'd like I can set up a google drive folder we can share. For those who don't have a DAW (digital audio workstation) or you just have garageband please download and use the free trial of reaper. You will be able to record and export your recording without adding any effects. If you want to buy it it significantly cheaper than anything else on the market.
http://www.reaper.fm/

Last edited Sep 26, 2014 at 02:46AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!