Forums / Media / Music

6,760 total conversations in 425 threads

+ New Thread

Have you guys noticed the recent trend of buzzwordy music comps in YouTube recs?

Last posted Jul 19, 2018 at 12:19AM EDT. Added Jul 15, 2018 at 03:35AM EDT
4 posts from 3 users

Over the past year or so, I''ve been getting recommendations of music compilations full of buzzword-ish titles (i.e. "relaxing coffee jazz music", "Kenny G greatest hits", "music for meditation/relaxing/sleep/work yadda yadda yadda zen") in my YouTube recommendations, most of them with stock image thumbnails and posted by extremely suspicious channels that often posts multiple instances of the same video with the exact same tracklist/song.

I find this weird, since I typically only listen to studio albums by artists on YouTube and never specifically searched for any of the buzzword above. Does anyone know what caused them to be popular/recommended all of a sudden?

Youtube's algorithm tries to find you things you might be interested in.
At least it used to be.

Now, it tries to bring you to trendy popular videos that other people clicked on. Vague and non-specific videos tailored to continue the cycle and maybe sparks interest. It gives you a large allotment of varied, big videos that grabs your attention the most. Buzzwords and big flashy thumbnails bring in the views, so that's a correlation.

On another note, people who listen to music have it noticeably bad, because you get things so wildly different and disjointed to what you want.

Cronus wrote:

Youtube's algorithm tries to find you things you might be interested in.
At least it used to be.

Now, it tries to bring you to trendy popular videos that other people clicked on. Vague and non-specific videos tailored to continue the cycle and maybe sparks interest. It gives you a large allotment of varied, big videos that grabs your attention the most. Buzzwords and big flashy thumbnails bring in the views, so that's a correlation.

On another note, people who listen to music have it noticeably bad, because you get things so wildly different and disjointed to what you want.

Agree! Advertising depends on the videos you watched and liked

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!