Forums / Discussion / Q & A

3,267 total conversations in 494 threads

+ New Thread

Why isn't my editorship getting accepted?

Last posted Apr 10, 2017 at 04:46PM EDT. Added Feb 20, 2017 at 10:36AM EST
12 posts from 7 users

You don't automatically get editorship if you request one. Only the creator or an editor of the entry can give you that. If they haven't given you editorship they probably aren't convinced that you could add to their entry.

Request editorship is piss poor optimalized because it sends it to our mail. But since 90% of the stuff we once used mail for has been transferred to the site, no mod ever checks their mail nowadays.

I'll add you now. Next time it's saver to PM a mod until we fix this.

RandomMan wrote:

Request editorship is piss poor optimalized because it sends it to our mail. But since 90% of the stuff we once used mail for has been transferred to the site, no mod ever checks their mail nowadays.

Thanks for accepting my editorship.

RandomMan wrote:

Speaking of which, isn't there a dedicated thread for requesting editorships?

Luigifan wrote:

Speaking of which, isn't there a dedicated thread for requesting editorships?

Requesting via PM – Anywhere from 6 to 24 hours. Like, 48 tops if the mod in question is on holiday or something.
Requesting via Discord – Like half an hour man, this shit's fast.
Requesting via the "request editorship" button – If you're very lucky, a few days. Otherwise anywhere from a few months to never.
Requesting via the forum thread – Only spoken of in ancient folklore. No historical record exists of this actually working.

superjumpman wrote:

Maybe it should be changed so that it automatically sends a PM to the editors instead of a mail.

Mods have a special area on the site where all suggestions are send to, since technically all requests apply to us; I guess something similar could work with editorship requests. I'll throw up a bone on that, maybe we can also include PMs to non-mod editors.

There's also an ancient idea of entry scrapbookers, on which I'm currently on stakeout at the office until Don replies.

RandomMan wrote:

Mods have a special area on the site where all suggestions are send to, since technically all requests apply to us; I guess something similar could work with editorship requests. I'll throw up a bone on that, maybe we can also include PMs to non-mod editors.

There's also an ancient idea of entry scrapbookers, on which I'm currently on stakeout at the office until Don replies.

That sounds interesting, I mean, if you guys trust "he who acquireth his 100th image" enough to fuck with other peoples' images, then adding ppl to an entry shouldn't be any worse (there are meme backups right?).

Freakenstein wrote:

That sounds interesting, I mean, if you guys trust "he who acquireth his 100th image" enough to fuck with other peoples' images, then adding ppl to an entry shouldn't be any worse (there are meme backups right?).

Yeah, I'm mostly interested in adding links and correcting grammar.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!