Forums / Discussion / Q & A

3,267 total conversations in 494 threads

+ New Thread

The Same Image/Video Uploaded on Different Galleries. What Do You Do with Them?

Last posted Mar 01, 2018 at 09:37AM EST. Added Mar 01, 2018 at 09:37AM EST
1 post from 1 user

What is the appropriate/proper action/response to take when you encounter this situation? As a regular user and as a moderator respectively.

Should the later instances be deleted leaving only the earliest upload intact? Should the earliest upload be moved to the most appropriate gallery and deleting the later ones? Should the most relevant copy remain insead? Should they be merged together thus preserving the comments accumulated on all copies? Should we report this to the mods and let them deal with it? Should we do nothing at all about it? etc.

I wanted to ask this so that I, and anyone who is curious about this topic as well, can properly deal with this according to the website's rules in the future.

As a disclaimer; Yes, I have read the site's rules pertaining to duplicates but I didn't see anything there about the same image or video being uploaded to different galleries and how to deal with them, as far as I know. That's why I'm asking here for clarification on the matter.

Also, if this same question has been asked before then please post the link(s) to the thread(s) here. I would appreciate it if you do.

As another disclaimer; Yes, I have tried looking for it on the search bar prior to posting this but so far I have not found one with the answer that I am looking for. Either it's too deep, buried beneath the other search results for me to find or notice within a reasonable amount of time, it doesn't exists yet or I'm not proficient enough in using the search bar to find it myself.

If anyone posts an answer to this thread then thank you for taking the time to respond to my query. To any other kinds of post, thanks for posting on my thread I guess.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!