Forums / Discussion / Serious Debate

14,083 total conversations in 681 threads

+ New Thread

South Africa's Gupta Scandal

Last posted Jul 22, 2017 at 04:29PM EDT. Added Jul 22, 2017 at 03:21PM EDT
2 posts from 2 users

I was not sure where to put this but I wanted to see what the opinions of others regarding the scandals involving the Guptas and the ANC

For the past few years the Guptas have made their way to the forefront of headlines due to their involvement in trying to subvert and control politics in the country (they for instance were allowed to store and fly a plane from several SADF Military Airfields) – it did backfire on them during 2016 and much of their finances were frozen and ousted from the banks along with the majority of them being forced out of South Africa back to India.

Racial tensions have always been high in South Africa due to our more recent past and I find it appalling that members of our own government are making attempts to increase the tear between ethnicity yet still. I myself am not a supporter of the ANC just based on the fact that in 20 years they've done nothing for the betterment of the country or it's people and instead lined their own pockets. In South Africa each province is run by a local government that is decided in a separate national vote, one of the best ways to judge how much a party cares for their country here is by how they treat the provinces they control – a good example of this is to look at the disparities between the Western Cape and (prior to March 2017) Gauteng.

Last edited Jul 22, 2017 at 03:22PM EDT

For the past few years here in South Africa I have noticed, on social media, at school, between parents, talk of whites being the cause of most problems and that it's white people's fault for the increasing segregatory public mindset.
I attributed this to miseducation and misinformation being spread around by the public, motivated by inadequacy or laziness as I normally assume the case to be when it comes to racial relations here, on social media, but I never knew it was (or might have been) a campaign; though given South Africa's recent past of shifty government dealings, I'm not too surprised that the thing might've have been orchestrated by government to draw attention away from more corrupt ongoings within the ruling party concerning the Guptas.
I am glad however that public has been made aware of the government's actions in a more exposing light as opposed to the general "hurr hurr zuma did something stupid again xD" manner, and I hope more information about the ruling party and its financial and political ties and relationships gets revealed to the general public.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!