Forums / Discussion / Serious Debate

14,083 total conversations in 681 threads

+ New Thread

So why does KYM like tomboys?

Last posted Sep 08, 2020 at 05:07AM EDT. Added Sep 01, 2020 at 04:47PM EDT
22 posts from 16 users

Artichoke wrote:

Flavor of the Month female archetype fetish as per usual with the cycle up on the internet

>Flavor of the Month

but… it's been more than a month

For straight guys, it's nice to be able to have sex with one of your bros without needing to say "no homo" afterwards, as that tends to ruin the mood.

And I say that as a guy who married a tomboy. She likes sports considerably more than I do, curses more than I do, and considers sitting on the couch playing videogames to be a fulfilling weekend. So, on a more serious note, I consider those to all be pluses too.

Last edited Sep 01, 2020 at 07:41PM EDT

When your twitter feed is filled with women screeching about how air conditioning is misogynistic and you should allow your SO to cheat, a woman that is as close to being male as possible without sex changing starts to look real appealing.

Artichoke wrote:

Flavor of the Month female archetype fetish as per usual with the cycle up on the internet

this. There's nothing special about it. Sometimes KYM is thirsty for busty milfs. Sometimes furries and monster girls, other times whatever fanart is in(Melony, wicke, ect).

And I don't think this hasn't been going on for too long. I'm not even sure if it's been a month yet. Or at least if we're talking about the main thirst. Tomboys started back during femboy hooters, but I don't think it got a huge amount of steam until recently.

Last edited Sep 02, 2020 at 01:59PM EDT

Steven The Pirate wrote:

It just turned into what thicc became, a catch all term for girls with short hair.

Eh I feel like I have to agree to some extent with this. Like I'm looking at some of the pics that are being uploaded to that gallery and I'm like "dude it feels like you're REALLY stretching the definition of a tomboy here." Like the pics where it shows a short haired girl in something like athletic clothing then sure I see it, but something like this" , this , and honestly even this to a degree make me go "yeah this is just like when people kept using thicc uncorrectly."

Mistress Fortune wrote:

Eh I feel like I have to agree to some extent with this. Like I'm looking at some of the pics that are being uploaded to that gallery and I'm like "dude it feels like you're REALLY stretching the definition of a tomboy here." Like the pics where it shows a short haired girl in something like athletic clothing then sure I see it, but something like this" , this , and honestly even this to a degree make me go "yeah this is just like when people kept using thicc uncorrectly."

Yeah… That gallery needs some deep cleanup before it turns into a dumping ground for any image of an attractive-looking anime girl.

All memes aside, men and women naturally like folks who share their interest, and unsurprisingly, many tomboys tend to share guy's love of beer and sports while also lacking all the dumb traits normal girls have--that and well, femdom.

In my opinion, I generally find people who buck the idea of gender roles to be massively sexy, and I honestly don't know why. Maybe I just grew up with characters like Sephiroth, which introduced me to the whole "bishonen" archetype. Despite this, however, It's kind of hard to find anime tomboys that check off a few of my boxes. Then again, I am a "queer" woman, so naturally, my taste lies in more butch examples. Nothing wrong with tomboys being into girly interest, but I always hated the whole "becomes a girly housewife after marriage" kink that some dudes have. The idea defeats the purpose of 'tomboys', honestly.

Last edited Sep 04, 2020 at 12:54PM EDT

Kappapeachie wrote:

All memes aside, men and women naturally like folks who share their interest, and unsurprisingly, many tomboys tend to share guy's love of beer and sports while also lacking all the dumb traits normal girls have--that and well, femdom.

In my opinion, I generally find people who buck the idea of gender roles to be massively sexy, and I honestly don't know why. Maybe I just grew up with characters like Sephiroth, which introduced me to the whole "bishonen" archetype. Despite this, however, It's kind of hard to find anime tomboys that check off a few of my boxes. Then again, I am a "queer" woman, so naturally, my taste lies in more butch examples. Nothing wrong with tomboys being into girly interest, but I always hated the whole "becomes a girly housewife after marriage" kink that some dudes have. The idea defeats the purpose of 'tomboys', honestly.

Sometimes I wonder how true certain norms and "gender roles" really are. I see certain relationship dynamics described as "role reversal" and I wonder how reversed from nature those rolls really are. Sometimes I think culture corrupts normal heterosexual attraction. Sometimes I see a man lay down his attractions for his vision of a "traditional woman" and I think, "You want to foster your successors by combining your DNA with someone you regard as weak, helpless, and subservient? The hell is wrong with you?" I can't imagine we'd have gotten this far as a species if we'd been breeding like that the whole time. Every time I hear some comment about, "Sounds like you want a man with tits." my heart sinks a little, and I think, "That's not a very nice thing to say about a woman of merit." So I feel that strength, independence, wilfulness, and leadership are not just femininely erotic qualities but favorable maternal traits as well.

My feelings can't be that weird, can they?

Thanks for listening to my TED talk.

Last edited Sep 04, 2020 at 03:19PM EDT

Nox Lucis wrote:

Sometimes I wonder how true certain norms and "gender roles" really are. I see certain relationship dynamics described as "role reversal" and I wonder how reversed from nature those rolls really are. Sometimes I think culture corrupts normal heterosexual attraction. Sometimes I see a man lay down his attractions for his vision of a "traditional woman" and I think, "You want to foster your successors by combining your DNA with someone you regard as weak, helpless, and subservient? The hell is wrong with you?" I can't imagine we'd have gotten this far as a species if we'd been breeding like that the whole time. Every time I hear some comment about, "Sounds like you want a man with tits." my heart sinks a little, and I think, "That's not a very nice thing to say about a woman of merit." So I feel that strength, independence, wilfulness, and leadership are not just femininely erotic qualities but favorable maternal traits as well.

My feelings can't be that weird, can they?

Thanks for listening to my TED talk.

I agree wholeheartedly, and am thankful that you put into words why my attraction to Ayla is not only valid, but also immensely beneficial to the survival of our species

(Sidenote: Ironic that she's a great example of a tomboy, despite having long hair)

Last edited Sep 04, 2020 at 05:55PM EDT

Gang Balla wrote:

Real Question: Who doesn't like tomboys?

Despite appearances, not me. The tomboy images I bitch about contain separate turn offs that just happen to coincide with tomboys.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!