Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

Filter images by Transparency

Last posted Mar 31, 2017 at 08:24PM EDT. Added Mar 31, 2017 at 02:52PM EDT
4 posts from 4 users

I Photoshop off and on. This is really helpful in Google. More advanced image searching settings like Google's would also be helpful, but a transparency search is what would help me most.

This sounds pretty specific tbh mate. I don't know if the admins would be prepared to devote time to this, and we have heard before about how the site is running on dinosaur code that doesn't support a lot of flexibility.

Also it sounds like it would require said images to be already tagged as "transparent" and knowing how lackadaisical some taggers can be round the galleries it would be hard to find all of those.

For what it's worth, some galleries do include a "template" tab featuring what I guess you could call "blank" versions of their respective memes.

EDIT Link showing you the "Templates" which has a blank and easily-edited version of the Persuadable Bouncer meme:

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/persuadable-bouncer/photos/templates

Last edited Mar 31, 2017 at 03:26PM EDT

Mods can tag templates of images as such, placing them seperately from the gallery to make them easy to find, which usually features transparent images by default.

RandomMan wrote:

Mods can tag templates of images as such, placing them seperately from the gallery to make them easy to find, which usually features transparent images by default.

This. Manual tagging is, for the vast majority of cases, the only way to perform a more complex search through KYM. For the list of things you can do with KYM's search, try this page. Implementing anything involving the actual content of images is beyond KYM's scope.

For an alternative, use Google advanced image search and enter "knowyourmeme.com" as the domain. KYM hosts all of it's own images, so it's pretty easy to narrow it down to the domain. This should allow you to find images of a specific size/transparency.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!