Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

Fix to the Confirm/Deadpool System.

Last posted Aug 10, 2018 at 09:20PM EDT. Added Aug 10, 2018 at 09:20PM EDT
1 post from 1 user

To my knowledge, the way this works as of now is:

• When someone makes a new entry, which could be anyone, it is put in the "Submission" category.
  • If the entry gets enough views and/or comments at a given timeframe, it could be displayed on the Trending section for all visitors of the site to see.
  • If the entry is current to the time of posting, and the writing isn't terrible, it could get frontpaged.
  • If the subject matter is too obscure on the internet, except in Know Your Meme itself, or the entry does not follow the "Do's and Don'ts of Entry Submissions"/basic rules are not followed, it is deadpooled.
  • If the subject matter is only mildly known to the wider internet and not all of the Do's and Don'ts/basic rules are followed, the entry is either left in the Submissions category/fixed by Entry moderators to be confirmed.

The idea I made this Topic for was that there should be another category to signal that the moderators/staff reviewed the entry, but the entry is not ready to be Confirmed. The following problems would be, at least, addressed:

• The people who use this website for research, whether it's the press/anyone else who needs sources for an essay, would know how reliable the entry is.
  • Mediocre/Abandoned entries can be distinguished between.

tl;dr: I suggest having a ranking system that ranges from Deadpool – Confirmed

Last edited Aug 10, 2018 at 09:22PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!