Forums / Media / Video Games

38,844 total conversations in 2,722 threads

+ New Thread

Your favorite gaming controller?

Last posted Sep 21, 2014 at 06:08PM EDT. Added Sep 19, 2014 at 09:54AM EDT
19 posts from 18 users

I don't know why, but for some reason, the controller I use to play vidya is just as important as the console I play it on. As long as the controller looks or feels comfortable and works decently, it's automatically in my book of awesome controllers, but that's beside the point. I want to know what your favorite controller is(You can put multiple controllers in a tie if you can't decide.), wether it be old school or next gen. The title of my favorite controller is a tie between the Gamecube controller and it's wireless counterpart, the Wavebird.

Perfection, available with and without wires.

Last edited Sep 19, 2014 at 09:59AM EDT

While I've used Nintento's GameCube controllers for much longer, I kinda feel much more comfortable using Microsoft's Xbox 360 controller. I don't know exactly why I feel this way, might be beacuse I use to play on my friend's regular Xbox quite frequently back in the day.

the ju-c air controller of course

no, but seriously, i couldn't decide between the xbone and the ps4 controler, the ps4 controller got bigger, which was my main complaint with the older ps controllers, i don't ahve yaoi hands, but past the gar of 14 holding them felt very spasmodic and uncofortable over extended periods of time.
some complayin about the assymetric design of the xbox controller, but i'm ok with it, it's not better nor worse, my complain with the xbox360 controller was the horrible, horrible d-pad, whoch is much better on the new one (doesn't nintendo sue everyone who's coming too close tho their d-pad design?).

I am talking about Xbox controllers on general. I feel the weight is better then other controllers, the shape fits better in my hands, I think that having the joystick curved in rather than out is more comfortable, the triggers feel right, I like the buttons and the twisting the d-pad to make the corner pieces in out the controller is a nice feature and a wired one is compatible with a PC which is really good.

The only controllers I can pick up and use great after I've grown accustomed to mouse and keyboard for two years are Nintendo controllers. There's just something about them that just feels so right to me, whereas for like PlayStation and Xbox controllers it takes a while for me to get accustomed to. But I will admit the Xbox 360 controller is a great alternative for PC gaming when the game isn't that greatly optimized for regular mouse and keyboard, which I usually use for any game that requires driving in it.

I've never even owned a 360, but like other people here, I think the controller is the most comfortable controller known to human-kind. It's like a cradle made by the gods for your hands. The Gamecube controller would be a close second though. On the dualshock Playstation controllers, I've never likes them. The positioning of the analog sticks makes me need to stretch my thumbs a little too much for me. It's slightly awkward.

Insert PC Master race rant here

For PC gaming, I don't use a normal scroll wheel mouse, I use this:

It's ability to smoothly slide across screens and games is truly the work of a god. I can never imagine going back to a normal mouse.

But for controllers, I honestly felt the GameCube controller worked best for me. Even after all the years of not playing it, I can still pick it up and play pretty well. And the XBOX360 controller is just amazing to use as well. Weight feels nice and feels good on the hands.

Snickerway wrote:

Wavebird is objectively the best controller because you can use it to control multiple characters at once in Smash.

Wait. How the fuck does that even work? How long have I been living uder a rock?

I've played way more 360/pc hours than any other console, so the 360 controller just feels right to me. Sometimes I don't think the trigger buttons are that great of a design, but I don't know how to improve them any more to be more responsive without loosing their spring. That being said, I will play keyboard/mouse games from time to time, but even on pc I tend to prefer the 360 controller.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!